Author Topic: Melania Trump and Karen Pence treat press to Whataburger lunch during Texas visit  (Read 8452 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

@Right_in_Virginia - That is not possible... Like a sammich w/o potato chips (or etc, like in kind)

I didn't say I didn't have a fry or two from someone else ... I said I don't order them.  (I'd eat all of those) :laugh:

@roamer_1

Offline roamer_1

White Castle

:3:

I LUUUUVVVV me some sliders. Any time I go back east, coming into Chicago at 2AM, the very first stop is the White Castles on Cicero. And any time anyone comes out, I get a suitcase full of those little buggers. Plain, mustard, onion, pickle.

I can get em here lately, but only w/cheese which ruins the whole experience.

Offline Frank Cannon

White Castle

That's why they are usually located in the ghetto. It's cheap ass garbage.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Obviously you need to start ordering Diet Dr Pepper.

And don't forget if you are over 55, your "large" soft drink is free.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
White Castle

Home of the mystery meat.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

Doesn't matter @Right_in_Virginia ... You couldn't eat all the fries if you packed em in with a stick!

I grew up poor, and eating what's on your plate is a thing for me... Not possible at 5Guys.

Money saving Five Guys tip -- skip the fries and eat the paper bag.  Not only is it cheaper, but it has much more and better flavor. 
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline verga

The problem with 5 Guys is that they have poor systems. They grill the burger and then instead of putting it on the bun, they throw it away and put the charcoal they used to cook the burger on the bun.

@Frank Cannon seriously are you sue you are not talking about BK. I have never had an overcooked burger at 5 Guys. As a Mystery shopper I have probably had over  100 at 3-4 different locations in the past 3 years.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline Frank Cannon

As a Mystery shopper I have probably had over  100 at 3-4 different locations in the past 3 years.

You poor bastard. I hope your luck changes in the new year.

Online corbe

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline thackney

The problem with 5 Guys is that they have poor systems. They grill the burger and then instead of putting it on the bun, they throw it away and put the charcoal they used to cook the burger on the bun.

:thumbsup:
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline thackney

Home of the mystery meat.

White Castle's use meat?  Who knew?
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline GrouchoTex

Cut him some slack.  At least he orders a Texas soft drink.  It's bound to be healthier than something bottled in Noo York City!

Thanks,Doc.

Offline GrouchoTex

What was the one in Seabrook, "stump's"? They were good.
I lived in the Clear Lake area, but in was over 2 decades ago.
I haven't been there in a long time.
Langford (Langford?) Grocery in Midtown Houston was really good, too.
I'd eat there regularly when I worked downtown, or happened to be there on a Saturday.

Offline the_doc

Thanks,Doc.
Texans have to stick together!  (Otherwise, we get bulldozed by guys like Frank, who has never even tasted a Whataburger, or by the folks in the California crowd who think Tri-tip is fit to barbecue.)

Offline GrouchoTex

Texans have to stick together!  (Otherwise, we get bulldozed by guys like Frank, who has never even tasted a Whataburger, or by the folks in the California crowd who think Tri-tip is fit to barbecue.)

:amen:

Co-worker from Philadelphia invited me to his house for a barbecue. He had a Weber grill, no smoker. We set him straight.

Anyone in Texas getting snow tonight?

Not in Sugar Land yet, but I hear we have a chance.
Pictures of Kyle field at Texas A & M, that I saw about an hour ago, are pretty amazing.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2017, 03:53:54 am by GrouchoTex »

Offline jpsb

What was the one in Seabrook, "stump's"? They were good.
I lived in the Clear Lake area, but in was over 2 decades ago.
I haven't been there in a long time.
Langford (Langford?) Grocery in Midtown Houston was really good, too.
I'd eat there regularly when I worked downtown, or happened to be there on a Saturday.

Yes, Tookies in Seabrook makes a Stump burger. Very very good.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

Co-worker from Philadelphia invited me to his house for a barbecue. He had a Weber grill, no smoker. We set him straight.

Not in Sugar Land yet, but I hear we have a chance.
Pictures of Kyle field at Texas A & M, that Insaw about an hour ago, are pretty amazing.

About 1" on the ground here and still coming down.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline GrouchoTex

Tookie's!
That's it!
I forgot the name of the place.
Thanks @jpsb

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
About 1" on the ground here and still coming down.

We've got about an inch on the ground and it's stopped for now.  However, work will start late because of the way Texans drive in snow and ice.  Not well...

Offline jpsb

Tt's 41F here in San Leon so I don't think I will be getting any snow tonight. I just can't see a 10 degree drop in temp in the next few hours. San Leon is surrounded by water so we stay a little
warmer than the inland cities and towns.

Offline Frank Cannon

Smoke is for house fires and dope. Not for cooking. You keep your toxic waste drums converted to cooking devices south of the Mason Dixon if you don't mind.

BTW Weber is the gold standard for grilling.....

Offline GrouchoTex

We've got about an inch on the ground and it's stopped for now.  However, work will start late because of the way Texans drive in snow and ice.  Not well...

I hear ya. Ice in Texas is for tea and to keep the longnecks cold.

Offline GrouchoTex

Smoke is for house fires and dope. Not for cooking. You keep your toxic waste drums converted to cooking devices south of the Mason Dixon if you don't mind.

Frank, you poor lost soul. Grilling is grilling and barbeque is smoking slow and long.
And, BTW, the toxic 55 Gallon drums I stole from that refinery that closed down worked out well.
I converted them into smokers and it didn't effect me, effect me, effect me.......

Offline Frank Cannon

Frank, you poor lost soul. Grilling is grilling and barbeque is smoking slow and long.
And, BTW, the toxic 55 Gallon drums I stole from that refinery that closed down worked out well.
I converted them into smokers and it didn't effect me, effect me, effect me.......

Well the cool thing about using those drums is that the radiation glowing makes night cooking convenient.

Offline roamer_1

And west of Ol Muddy, thank you very much... Suits me fine. More for me :)

Nah, A wood fire will take that thing out in a season.  **nononono*