Author Topic: Medical TYRANNY in paradise: Hawaii to go door to door, confiscating LEGAL firearms from all medica  (Read 776 times)

rangerrebew

Medical TYRANNY in paradise: Hawaii to go door to door, confiscating LEGAL firearms from all medical marijuana users

Tuesday, December 05, 2017 by: Jayson Veley   

(Natural News) Over the past several years, liberals have constantly assured the American people that even though they support the idea of stricter gun laws, they are not out to take away anyone’s legally owned firearms. But liberals lie every chance that they get, so it really shouldn’t come as a surprise that many of them are now starting to walk back on their promise.

https://www.naturalnews.com/2017-12-05-medical-tyranny-in-paradise-hawaii-to-go-door-to-door-confiscating-legal-firearms-from-all-medical-marijuana-users.html

Offline thackney

Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline Suppressed

HI Rev Stat § 134-7 (2013)

§134-7 Ownership or possession prohibited, when; penalty.
(a) No person who is a fugitive from justice or is a person prohibited from possessing firearms or ammunition under federal law shall own, possess, or control any firearm or ammunition therefor.

+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Assuming this isn't fake, how do you discriminate one drug against another? Should anyone taking medication at any time then have their guns confiscated?

The logic here is you use medical marijuana, then you are a danger to society. That's quite a leap for gun confiscation. You might at best be a danger to the food in your fridge, but that's about it.
The Republic is lost.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Should anyone taking medication at any time then have their guns confiscated?

Anti-depressants will be next on the list.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

My money is on Opioids.  That's where the hysteria is presently directed.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
My money is on Opioids.  That's where the hysteria is presently directed.

@Cyber Liberty
The concern about opioids isn't hysteria.  Its a major problem
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Well, didn't they already target Veterans over antidepressants and even just talking to a mental health professional?

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
Well, didn't they already target Veterans over antidepressants and even just talking to a mental health professional?

Hell say the wrong thing and your doctor can get you on the list.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
@Cyber Liberty
The concern about opioids isn't hysteria.  Its a major problem

What about people who need them to function?  Real problem?  Should they be forced off them, even if it leaves them unable to function?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
What about people who need them to function?  Real problem?  Should they be forced off them, even if it leaves them unable to function?
The big picture problem is both legitimate pain sufferers, and drug addicts "think" they "need them" to function.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
The big picture problem is both legitimate pain sufferers, and drug addicts "think" they "need them" to function.

I see.  People who say they need them to function are just drug addicts, but people who really need them are not.  How do you suggest we make that distinction? 
I will NOT comply.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
I see.  People who say they need them to function are just drug addicts, but people who really need them are not.  How do you suggest we make that distinction?
Since I didn't say the words you are trying to put in my mouth, I'll just ignore them.

Two examples:

1. An OC station fire chief got hurt on the job. Made $150,000 per year, wife and young child. He was the SIL of my neighbors. Hurt on the job, got on opioid pain meds. Got cut off, so he got himself street heroin. Got fired, lost wife and family. Jumped off an overpass to his death on the 5 Freeway near Mission Viejo.

2. A long time friend is married to a retired and medically disabled OC Sheriff dept. Disabled because he was shot working at the jail. His wife controls his meds, since he will abuse if left on his own. They make it work.

3. Son of a longtime family friend. Hurt in HS or college, playing sports. Rods, pins, opioid pain drugs for years. Became more and more addicted, got street drugs. He died from liver damage, from the Tylenol base of prescription opioid pain meds.

If you and yours can use opioid pain meds as prescribed, more power to you. Just be aware not everybody else is so fortunate.

And also be aware it is justifiably recognized as a big problem. 
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Since I didn't say the words you are trying to put in my mouth, I'll just ignore them.

Two examples:

1. An OC station fire chief got hurt on the job. Made $150,000 per year, wife and young child. He was the SIL of my neighbors. Hurt on the job, got on opioid pain meds. Got cut off, so he got himself street heroin. Got fired, lost wife and family. Jumped off an overpass to his death on the 5 Freeway near Mission Viejo.

2. A long time friend is married to a retired and medically disabled OC Sheriff dept. Disabled because he was shot working at the jail. His wife controls his meds, since he will abuse if left on his own. They make it work.

3. Son of a longtime family friend. Hurt in HS or college, playing sports. Rods, pins, opioid pain drugs for years. Became more and more addicted, got street drugs. He died from liver damage, from the Tylenol base of prescription opioid pain meds.

If you and yours can use opioid pain meds as prescribed, more power to you. Just be aware not everybody else is so fortunate.

And also be aware it is justifiably recognized as a big problem.

A reasonable stance.  Certainly more reasoned than the one with all the scare quotes. 

There are many people who need them and use them responsibly, like your example #2.  They can't stand being compared to the fellow in example #1, which is implied every time somebody says "Something needs to be done about the 'crisis'."  The person in #3 is a tragedy that would have been prevented if every Pharm company didn't think using Tylenol as a buffer is perfectly fine.

This is off topic, so I will simply stand by my original comment, which was:  I predict Opioids will be the next target of the gun grabbers because this is where the hysteria is right now.
I will NOT comply.