Author Topic: Court records suggest Roy Moore dated wife while she was still married  (Read 15755 times)

Offline musiclady

Re: Court records suggest Roy Moore dated wife while she was still married
« Reply #275 on: December 10, 2017, 06:18:20 pm »
People like that usually end up blaming God for something....which is ironic because they believe He doesn't exist.

Yes.  That is the greatest irony.  That some people are so very angry at something they pretend doesn't exist.

And none of them sees the bizarre nature of his/her position.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2017, 07:36:30 pm by musiclady »
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #276 on: December 10, 2017, 06:19:28 pm »
I see it more as exposing someone who is spiritually bankrupt - a person who has lost all capacity for honesty, open-mindedness, and willingness.
I see it as daddy issues.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #277 on: December 10, 2017, 06:48:35 pm »
I see it more as exposing someone who is spiritually bankrupt - a person who has lost all capacity for honesty, open-mindedness, and willingness.

I see it as just another inevitable religious flame-war, anytime two thinkers butt heads on whether there's an afterlife.    :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #278 on: December 10, 2017, 06:59:49 pm »
I see it as just another inevitable religious flame-war, anytime two thinkers butt heads on whether there's an afterlife.    :laugh:

And the only way to prove it one way or another is to die.

Raincheck, please......
« Last Edit: December 10, 2017, 07:01:00 pm by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #279 on: December 10, 2017, 07:06:23 pm »

Offline edpc

« Reply #280 on: December 10, 2017, 07:11:01 pm »
Dyslexia special report on the evening news.  Flim at 11.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #281 on: December 10, 2017, 08:35:37 pm »
And the only way to prove it one way or another is to die.

Raincheck, please......

Indeed!   :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #282 on: December 10, 2017, 08:41:11 pm »

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #283 on: December 10, 2017, 10:51:41 pm »

But that's not the case here.  Only one poster had a meltdown over the afterlife.  The other poster simply asked a question about the Constitution. 
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #284 on: December 10, 2017, 11:34:49 pm »
But that's not the case here.  Only one poster had a meltdown over the afterlife.  The other poster simply asked a question about the Constitution.

Meh...     @sneakypete 's principles are as bedrock as the staunchest NT er around here.

If indeed, religion is the opiate of the masses, and he happens to be strong and courageous just in the present....where's the problem?

Worst case, he gets to say, "Whoops"!

Offline Fantom

« Reply #285 on: December 11, 2017, 12:36:09 am »
@Fantom

A slap, huh?  That’s nice.  And be careful not to giggle.

Tell you what.  If a man grabs my breast or gropes my crotch, I’m going to try my best to take an eye.  What do you think of that?

@CatherineofAragon

I think you are nuts. And would be doing hard time for grievous bodily injury. As well you should.
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

« Reply #286 on: December 11, 2017, 02:19:55 am »

@CatherineofAragon

I think you are nuts. And would be doing hard time for grievous bodily injury. As well you should.

Not if I'm on the jury.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline Fantom

« Reply #287 on: December 11, 2017, 03:01:00 am »
Not if I'm on the jury.

Hmmn,  a couple of decades ago.... I was at a local gun/knife club.... I prefer the edge of society. Anyways, late that night I went to my truck to leave, a woman followed. I did not know her and only  had spoke a word or two to in passing that night.

As I got in my truck she stepped in , without a word unbuttoned my fly and started performing fellatio.

I stopped her  .. all without taking any of her eyes. Had I taken an eye... good to know such as you sit juries.

Little happens in a vacuum.... although the above did. Most grab ass happens with at least some flirting. I have had many... well several women take hold of parts of my intimate anatomy with little forewarning.  Often it ended well, no one lost an eye.

In my twenties I even had homo's make such hands on approach. Two in fact, one I laughed at, the other caught a strait left to the button.. dropped him like a sack of potatoes. They both, still have both eyes.. or did last I saw them.

Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline edpc

« Reply #288 on: December 11, 2017, 03:06:05 am »
I stopped her...

Cuz her beard was scratchy?

Offline Mod1

« Reply #289 on: December 11, 2017, 03:19:05 am »
This thread has certainly taken a turn to the strange, now it seems to be a competition for who can make the best threats.

Well, I'm tired of seeing it float to the top of my "Unread Posts" page, and I've grown bored with it.

For the crime of being boring, this thread is now locked.