Author Topic: Court records suggest Roy Moore dated wife while she was still married  (Read 15917 times)

Online Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
Re: Court records suggest Roy Moore dated wife while she was still married
« Reply #200 on: December 07, 2017, 09:01:45 pm »
@RoosGirl

@Sighlass
Could it be this case that the ad is referring to?

Yes obviously, thanks.  Your article from Rawstory is exactly why I don't trust liberal sources without researching them. It is about as obvious a blatant hit piece as the Jones commercial. 

Quote from: Rawstory article
......one case Moore recently heard as a state judge—when he refused to convict a child molester who abused a 4-year-old—sheds light on his backward views of sexual assault.

First off the lie that Roy refused to convict the 17 y/o kid. Roy was NOT overturning the first conviction of 1st degree sodomy, He was saying that the second conviction of "Forced" sodomy was NOT supported by law, and Roy was right. Like I pointed out earlier, even liberal fact check Politifact agrees. If Roy was "in the bag" for the kid and wanted to let him go of all charges, then Roy would of objected to the first charge also. Rawstory was just being a leftist dirt bag trying to wrongly pile on Roy by leaving out the fact that Roy did NOT overturn the first sodomy conviction. As a matter of fact, that section of the ruling was not even before the Supreme court, the state only wanted a 2nd opinion on what "forced" meant for future prosecution sake. 

Reminds me of when the people rioted in LA due to the fact that the police officers did not get convicted of "attempted murder" or Rodney King... Well the facts did not support "attempted murder". If you got a person on the ground and wanted to kill him (attempt to murder him) then you finish the job. IOWs if "wanting" to murder someone, the perfect case scenario would be while they were laying on the ground helplessly before you. The prosecution just went for too big a judgement hoping to get the extra punishment time in there.

Also note this ...

Quote from:  politico
An appeals court later overturned the forcible rape charge, and the case eventually reached the state Supreme Court.

Your article that you linked from Raw does not mention that the second charge (forced) was first overturned in another court (The Court of Criminal Appeals) before reaching Roy in the Supreme court of Alabama. Roy's decision was not out of the blue wild, it was already pointed out as suspect in a previous lower court. Was the lower court also full of perverts that defend sodomy? Of course not... it was just a bad decision to try and stick the pervert kid with "forceable" sodomy when it wasn't proven to be so.

One can read the decision here... word for word.

https://caselaw.findlaw.com/al-supreme-court/1707584.html

Let us look at Moore's dissent word for word... look how he has respect for not "legislation from the bench". A factor most constitutionalist cherish. Also note Roy's stated position on how he feels about sodomy (not exactly what Jones and Raw suggested)

Quote from: RoyMoore
I dissent because I am concerned the Court is stepping into the shoes of the legislature in this case.

Sodomy is an abhorrent crime and should be strictly punished. In this case the defendant, Eric Lemont Higdon, a 17–year–old who worked as an intern at a day-care facility, was convicted under § 13A–6–63(a)(3), Ala.Code 1975, of sodomy in the first degree of a child under 12 years old and was sentenced to 23 years' imprisonment. He has not challenged that conviction on appeal.

Higdon was also charged under § 13A–6–63(a)(1), Ala.Code 1975, which states: “A person commits the crime of sodomy in the first degree if ․ [h]e engages in deviate sexual intercourse with another by forcible compulsion.” (Emphasis added.) “Forcible compulsion,” in turn, is defined as “[p]hysical force that overcomes earnest resistance or a threat, express or implied, that places another person in fear of immediate death or serious physical injury to himself or another person.” § 13A–6–60(8), Ala.Code 1975 (emphasis added).

The “implied” threat in the definition of forcible compulsion is not the threat of sexual assault but of “immediate death or serious physical injury.” The legislature has defined serious physical injury as “[p]hysical injury which creates a substantial risk of death, or which causes serious and protracted disfigurement, protracted impairment of health, or protracted loss or impairment of the function of any bodily organ.” § 13A–1–2(14), Ala.Code 1975.

Because there was no evidence in this case of an implied threat of serious physical injury under this definition, or of an implied threat of death, Higdon cannot be convicted of sodomy in the first degree “by forcible compulsion.” This Court has previously taken the position that an implied threat under § 13A–6–60(8) may be inferred in cases “concerning the sexual assault of children by adults with whom the children are in a relationship of trust.” See Powe v. State, 597 So.2d 721, 728 (Ala.1991)(emphasis added). Today the Court extends that rule to cases involving sexual assault of children by other children, of perhaps a different age and level of maturity. Although this may be a noble cause in certain situations, policymaking is beyond the role of this Court. This Court has potentially opened the door to cases in which a 10–year–old could be convicted of “first-degree sodomy by forcible compulsion” for intercourse with an 8–year–old, or a 6–year–old with a 4–year–old, or a 16–year–old with a 14–year–old. The legislature, however, has already drawn these lines in the statute under which Higdon was convicted, stating that a person commits sodomy in the first degree if “[h]e, being 16 years old or older, engages in deviate sexual intercourse with a person who is less than 12 years old.” § 13A–6–63(a)(3). Because the Legislature of Alabama has adopted § 13A–6–63(a)(3), which covered Higdon's conduct, for which he is being punished, this Court has no “right” or “authority” to make a “new” law to govern conduct between minors the legislature obviously chose not to address. Therefore, because I believe this Court is adding its own rule to the statute, I respectfully dissent.

I personally think a judge that does not bend the rules to "pile on" and and rules according to the law refreshing. Doug Jone's ad was a lie, and so was Raw's take on the ruling.

Thanks for making me look deeper at the subject. I now have even more respect for Judge Moore.

« Last Edit: December 07, 2017, 09:15:32 pm by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #201 on: December 07, 2017, 09:04:20 pm »

My wife and family has strict orders not to bury me in a suit.

I made a "Beetlejuice"  suit several years ago for Halloween.    I've told my family that I want to be  buried in it as a joke to whomever might dig me up in the future.   :) 

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Online roamer_1

« Reply #202 on: December 07, 2017, 09:25:51 pm »
I'll cut ole Roy some slack here....  When did he become a Christian?  Everything before that....I'll give him a pass.  None is without sin.

There is that aspect @mrpotatohead , which is never addressed by his detractors.

However, Moore's adamant denial and outright offense at the charge put this on a different plane - And witnesses against his detractors, and the motive found in many of them, either because Moore ruled against them (or their kin), or because of outright partisanship, leave the whole matter with little traction.

In the end, the only argument left is whether a 32 year old man should go a'courting (in a gentlemanly and platonic fashion, with parents approving) with legal and consenting women of a young age - An argument wholly offset by cultural norms in that generation and location.

Much ado about nothing,

Online roamer_1

« Reply #203 on: December 07, 2017, 09:33:14 pm »
I'm 55 and I wear t shirts, shorts and sneakers every day weather permitting.  When not seeing a client this is what I wear to my finance related job also...heck have visited well own clients in this garb on occasion.

I remember a freeper who said at one time jeans and tennis shoes should never be worn by anyone over age 25..only dress pants/dresses and dress type shoes. Not that freeper are ya?

Oh, good Lord, @mirraflake I would be hard pressed to find any of that rot in my storage, not to mention my closet. There are very good reasons why a working man turns his nose at that attire. And I might add, the only folks I ever see in that get-up are lawyers, preachers, and funeral directors.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2017, 09:34:21 pm by roamer_1 »

Offline mirraflake

« Reply #204 on: December 07, 2017, 10:05:30 pm »

There is a reason we have historically tried to keep male and female vocations separate.   It causes problems,  and these problems are inherent in the nature of men and women.

Ever see the video "Can women and men just be friends"  (without sex coming into the equation)

100% of women said yes, 100% men said no.

If a woman is hot her male friends are going to  want to get into her pants.

Men are from Mars, Women from venus.

@DiogenesLamp

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #205 on: December 07, 2017, 10:12:58 pm »

Authored by one of the least manliest men, ever........

« Last Edit: December 07, 2017, 10:16:42 pm by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #206 on: December 07, 2017, 10:13:46 pm »
Ever see the video "Can women and men just be friends"  (without sex coming into the equation)

@DiogenesLamp

@mirraflake

Many quite intelligent women are quite clueless in such matters, and overestimate their understanding of men.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #207 on: December 07, 2017, 10:16:58 pm »
With the "Half Your Age Plus Seven"
Line...

And an error in labeling Leigh Corfman
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #208 on: December 07, 2017, 10:19:02 pm »
@mirraflake

Many quite intelligent women are quite clueless in such matters, and overestimate their understanding of men.

As are many men.  Including the Mars/Venus guy.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #209 on: December 07, 2017, 11:51:47 pm »

@DiogenesLamp

@mirraflake

And if the man is hot and wealthy or famous,the women will be stabbing each other in the back to see who gets to bag him.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #210 on: December 08, 2017, 12:13:10 am »
@RoosGirl

Yes obviously, thanks.  Your article from Rawstory is exactly why I don't trust liberal sources without researching them. It is about as obvious a blatant hit piece as the Jones commercial. 

First off the lie that Roy refused to convict the 17 y/o kid. Roy was NOT overturning the first conviction of 1st degree sodomy, He was saying that the second conviction of "Forced" sodomy was NOT supported by law, and Roy was right. Like I pointed out earlier, even liberal fact check Politifact agrees. If Roy was "in the bag" for the kid and wanted to let him go of all charges, then Roy would of objected to the first charge also. Rawstory was just being a leftist dirt bag trying to wrongly pile on Roy by leaving out the fact that Roy did NOT overturn the first sodomy conviction. As a matter of fact, that section of the ruling was not even before the Supreme court, the state only wanted a 2nd opinion on what "forced" meant for future prosecution sake. 

Reminds me of when the people rioted in LA due to the fact that the police officers did not get convicted of "attempted murder" or Rodney King... Well the facts did not support "attempted murder". If you got a person on the ground and wanted to kill him (attempt to murder him) then you finish the job. IOWs if "wanting" to murder someone, the perfect case scenario would be while they were laying on the ground helplessly before you. The prosecution just went for too big a judgement hoping to get the extra punishment time in there.

Also note this ...

Your article that you linked from Raw does not mention that the second charge (forced) was first overturned in another court (The Court of Criminal Appeals) before reaching Roy in the Supreme court of Alabama. Roy's decision was not out of the blue wild, it was already pointed out as suspect in a previous lower court. Was the lower court also full of perverts that defend sodomy? Of course not... it was just a bad decision to try and stick the pervert kid with "forceable" sodomy when it wasn't proven to be so.

One can read the decision here... word for word.

https://caselaw.findlaw.com/al-supreme-court/1707584.html

Let us look at Moore's dissent word for word... look how he has respect for not "legislation from the bench". A factor most constitutionalist cherish. Also note Roy's stated position on how he feels about sodomy (not exactly what Jones and Raw suggested)

I personally think a judge that does not bend the rules to "pile on" and and rules according to the law refreshing. Doug Jone's ad was a lie, and so was Raw's take on the ruling.

Thanks for making me look deeper at the subject. I now have even more respect for Judge Moore.

@Sighlass   I just skimmed that story and got the gist of how it was biased since I have read a few other stories about that issue, but it was what I could find quickly.  If you take a moment to understand what happened it is clear to me that he wasn't letting a child molester off the hook at all.  There are people here that believe it the way the article I linked was written though.

Offline mirraflake

« Reply #211 on: December 08, 2017, 12:19:05 am »
@mirraflake

I had a woman tell me one time women have the same sexual drive and horniess level as men. I'm still laughing at that one.

@Suppressed

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #212 on: December 08, 2017, 04:34:14 pm »

I had a woman tell me one time women have the same sexual drive and horniess level as men. I'm still laughing at that one.

@Suppressed

@mirraflake

You have my sympathy.

Not ALL women are horndogs,anymore than ALL men are horndogs,but they do exist. Trust me on this one.

Offline mirraflake

« Reply #213 on: December 08, 2017, 04:38:28 pm »
@mirraflake

You have my sympathy.

Not ALL women are horndogs,anymore than ALL men are horndogs,but they do exist. Trust me on this one.

I know what you are saying, she implied ALL women have the same sex rive and horniess as men.

@sneakypete

Offline RetBobbyMI

« Reply #214 on: December 08, 2017, 04:39:13 pm »
Breaking news per FoxNews...
Roy Moore accuser admits she forged part of yearbook inscription attributed to Alabama senate candidate
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #215 on: December 08, 2017, 05:08:59 pm »
Roy Moore accuser admits she forged part of yearbook inscription attributed to Alabama senate candidate

Hey Gloria Alred.....where's your Moses now?  :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #216 on: December 08, 2017, 05:30:28 pm »
Hey Gloria Alred.....where's your Moses now?  :laugh:

@DCPatriot

Is there ANYONE on the planet with a worse accuracy and truth record than Gloria Alred? Even Hay-Raldo looks like a Saint compared to her.

It's to the point where if she comes out to represent the Charles Manson estate,that's enough to make you suspect he was innocent.

Hell,if she stepped forward to represent ME,I'd begin to suspect *I* am guilty.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #217 on: December 08, 2017, 05:33:11 pm »

OOPS!!! Crow eating party to begin at ...!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #218 on: December 08, 2017, 05:34:07 pm »
@DCPatriot

Is there ANYONE on the planet with a worse accuracy and truth record than Gloria Alred? Even Hay-Raldo looks like a Saint compared to her.

It's to the point where if she comes out to represent the Charles Manson estate,that's enough to make you suspect he was innocent.

Hell,if she stepped forward to represent ME,I'd begin to suspect *I* am guilty.

Totally, agree @sneakypete !   ^-^
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #219 on: December 08, 2017, 06:31:42 pm »
Agree 100%, SP.   This outrage at dating his future wife while her divorce was still pending is just silly.  What's not silly is Moore's penchant for being removed from office for lawlessness.   THAT's what should disqualify him from office in the eyes of conservatives.
Lawlessness? Like upholding the Alabama Constitution against the ruling of a Federal District Court Judge? Considering 81% of the electorate voted for the One man one woman marriage Amendment, which had been LAW for nearly a decade, I'd say the Chief Justice was doing his job and standing up for the Alabama Constitution and the will of the people.

As for the Ten Commandments monument, I have expounded at length on the fact that those Commandments are the seminal basis for and generally oldest example of even secular law. To pick and choose, does not do them justice, and to leave them up is something I had no problem with.

But those are the so-called 'laws' he defied: A judge ruling contrary to the State Constitution, and defied another ruling to remove a monument to a set of fundamental laws which have endured for millennia.

IMHO, the judges who ordered actions contrary to the Alabama Constitution (LAW) and the removal of a monument to LAW  are the ones who are LAWless.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #220 on: December 08, 2017, 06:39:01 pm »
There is that aspect @mrpotatohead , which is never addressed by his detractors.

However, Moore's adamant denial and outright offense at the charge put this on a different plane - And witnesses against his detractors, and the motive found in many of them, either because Moore ruled against them (or their kin), or because of outright partisanship, leave the whole matter with little traction.

In the end, the only argument left is whether a 32 year old man should go a'courting (in a gentlemanly and platonic fashion, with parents approving) with legal and consenting women of a young age - An argument wholly offset by cultural norms in that generation and location.

Much ado about nothing,
That's it in a nutshell. But the highest density of homosexuals in the US (DC Area) will do all they can to scuttle the man because of the provisions of the Alabama Constitution he upheld, and general Christian hate. Small wonder there is so much animosity.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2017, 06:39:20 pm by Smokin Joe »

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #221 on: December 08, 2017, 06:40:17 pm »
OOPS!!! Crow eating party to begin at ...!
LOL! We saw that right away. But don't expect the crow eaters to show up.  :shrug:

C S Lewis

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #222 on: December 08, 2017, 06:41:29 pm »
The case against Roy Moore gets weaker and more suspicious.  I think the dems dropped their bombshell too soon.

They should have waited until there was no time to investigate or refute it.

Here is a 'bombshell' story on Breitbart where one of the accusers admits to lying the the other two are exposed as having fake stories.

And, by the way, just as we suspected the yearbook thing was a total hoax.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2017/12/08/bombshell-roy-moore-accuser-admits-forged-yearbook/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social
Modify message

But the Moore haters will cling to the lies with their last breath.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #223 on: December 08, 2017, 06:46:58 pm »
The case against Roy Moore gets weaker and more suspicious.  I think the dems dropped their bombshell too soon.

They should have waited until there was no time to investigate or refute it.

Here is a 'bombshell' story on Breitbart where one of the accusers admits to lying the the other two are exposed as having fake stories.

And, by the way, just as we suspected the yearbook thing was a total hoax.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2017/12/08/bombshell-roy-moore-accuser-admits-forged-yearbook/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social
Modify message

But the Moore haters will cling to the lies with their last breath.
We spotted the yearbook problems right away, only becoming even more sure when the two colors of ink were shown.
They did jump the gun, but I hope they ever do so, it gives time to research and refute the accusations they present in the most pejorative and inflammatory terms available to get emotional responses. There will ever be those who will not shed their emotional reactions and go on facts, but that happens.  :shrug:

C S Lewis

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #224 on: December 08, 2017, 06:49:03 pm »
LOL! We saw that right away. But don't expect the crow eaters to show up.  :shrug:

Don't think they will be hungry today!   888high58888
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien