Author Topic: Court records suggest Roy Moore dated wife while she was still married  (Read 15753 times)

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Re: Court records suggest Roy Moore dated wife while she was still married
« Reply #175 on: December 07, 2017, 06:10:08 pm »

I wear similar shorts and T shirts but not ghetto like those. Mine stop above the knee and not as baggy. I have never worn flip flops my entire life.

@Sanguine

Yes, we were talking about different styles. 

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #176 on: December 07, 2017, 06:18:44 pm »
The fact is that Moore and his supporters aren't Christians. They may go to church and quote the bible freely but they show a complete and utter disregard for their final judgement. That tells me that they don't really believe there will be a God judging them. They're just like every other liberal on the planet who believes they should do whatever they want because there will be no consequences. After all they've spent the past couple of years supporting a man they know is an immoral degenerate liar and its becoming easier for them.

I may not be the greatest Christian but I do understand that I alone am responsible for my soul. As I've gotten older not a day passes when I don't make a decision involving asking myself If I want to face God with it.

CC, I'm no theologian. However, based on my past 20 years of being a Catholic, and serving as a catechist for the same amount of time, all I can say to you is "let your heart not be troubled."  God's love for us is infinite, and he understands and appreciates your struggle, as He does with all of us.

If I've ever received a "sign from God", last night was it. As I arrived last night, I found out that I was the only one of six teachers present for our two Wednesday night RE classes (30+ 6 graders). I had forgotten the lesson plan, eww, I sensed a disaster looming.

Last year, there would have been no problem, as I had taught the same curriculum (Old Testament) for at least 15 years. This year, new curriculum focused on New Testament.

One teacher for 30 kids, when there's normally 2-3 for 15. To stay in line with requirements for two adults, a program director assisted.

A major portion of the lesson was on "agape love", the highest form of love: that of God for man, and man for God.

When I saw that, I knew I was meant to be there at that particular point in time. Fr. Bob Spitzer graduated from Gonzaga two years before I did. He wrote a book about 15 years ago, entitled "Healing the Culture." In that book, he discusses the 4 levels of Happiness, similar to Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs. The highest level of happiness according to Fr. Spitzer is "agape love."

For roughly 30 minutes, I had the attention of each student, and we had a great discussion. Their answers to my questions displayed an advanced cognitive level for their age group. It also reaffirmed a theory of mine, that these young men and women are attentive when the teacher is passionate about what they're teaching...mine was off the chart last night.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #177 on: December 07, 2017, 06:22:48 pm »
Can somebody tell me why in Hades there's such an extended time between the primary and the final election?

Is it that slow elsewhere?
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #178 on: December 07, 2017, 06:25:34 pm »
If this didn't happen in the last 20 years, I don't care. It's just not relevant. Kennedy killed a woman and we almost made him President.

Show me a recent pattern of behavior. Al Franken was doing drugs with John Belushi but that has no bearing on his behavior today

That's why I stay away from Ancestry.com. I'm sure there's something in my family's past that I really don't want to know about.   :silly:

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #179 on: December 07, 2017, 06:30:20 pm »
That's why I stay away from Ancestry.com. I'm sure there's something in my family's past that I really don't want to know about.   :silly:

True.  My mom did a search and discovered a distant female relative was a popular 'entertainer' in western mining towns.  I didn't have any doubts what that meant.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #180 on: December 07, 2017, 06:30:34 pm »

For roughly 30 minutes, I had the attention of each student, and we had a great discussion. Their answers to my questions displayed an advanced cognitive level for their age group. It also reaffirmed a theory of mine, that these young men and women are attentive when the teacher is passionate about what they're teaching...mine was off the chart last night.
[/quote]

It is wonderful when that happens.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #181 on: December 07, 2017, 06:31:44 pm »
Can somebody tell me why in Hades there's such an extended time between the primary and the final election?

@Night Hides Not the MSM, DNC and McConnell need that much time to dig up dirt and leak it to try and make sure Roy doesn't make it to DC.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #182 on: December 07, 2017, 06:43:32 pm »
Maybe I'm off on this, but from my personal experience ALL women start dating after the divorce papers are filed. I'm confused as to what the issue is here? I think they are saying that he started dating her before the divorce was 'finalized'. But again, from my experience this is totally common and completely natural.

I have never known any woman to wait for the divorce to be finalized before they start dating again. I must be missing something?

All I know is this: one of the most memorable summers of my life was 1979, when I was TDY at a German anti-aircraft range in Germany. About five miles off base was the town of Lutjenberg, which came to life during the summer.

I have never been in an area with such a large concentration of newly divorced women. Our little detachment of 40 soldiers were the only Americans for 200 miles, and those new divorcees couldn't get enough of them, to include two women who shared a house with a young women I was seeing.

On more than one occasion, I'd stop by for breakfast after closing down the bar of the Hotel Ostseeblick at 4 AM with the owner (my GF worked elsewhere as a waitress). While enjoying my coffee and zweibelrost, a couple of my troops were coming downstairs from their "assignations". lol

I never saw the same two soldiers coming down those stairs.

BTW, "zweibelrost" as I recall it was raw hamburger seasoned with onions. On toast, I considered it a delicacy, paired very nicely with good German coffee.

It was a great summer from a professional standpoint. I was the XO, often left in charge due to the CO often being gone due to marital issues. My soldiers and NCOs were fantastic, we really worked well as a unit. It wasn't my leadership, it was the fact that everyone knew if we did our jobs right, we'd only have to work 4 days a week.

Oh yeah, I had a great time that summer, too.  Made so many friends, that I'd make the 400 mile drive when I had an occasional 3 day weekend. Would leave Friday after work, drive 5 hours (mostly autobahn), head back at 2 AM Tuesday morning, getting to my office by 7 AM.

By the end of that summer, I was near fluent in German. Made my last two years in Germany that much more enjoyable.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #183 on: December 07, 2017, 06:44:46 pm »
@Night Hides Not the MSM, DNC and McConnell need that much time to dig up dirt and leak it to try and make sure Roy doesn't make it to DC.

Makes as much sense as anything I've read...thanks! 

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #184 on: December 07, 2017, 06:45:58 pm »

To allow for military absentee ballots to be sent overseas and returned before Election Day. (Why, when they're not living in the state? Because no one wants to be the one who denies a soldier, sailor or Marine the right to vote, even if they wouldn't otherwise have it.) Yes, it's that way everywhere else, too, although most states don't have the runoff rules to factor in.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #185 on: December 07, 2017, 06:46:36 pm »

It is wonderful when that happens.

You should see their ears perk up when I say, "there are no wrong answers in my class."

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #186 on: December 07, 2017, 06:56:11 pm »
Excessive over reaction.   Punch in the mouth,  yes.   Deprive him of sight for life?   Excessive bordering on psychotic.   

:thumbsup:
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #187 on: December 07, 2017, 06:58:34 pm »
When I saw that, I knew I was meant to be there at that particular point in time. Fr. Bob Spitzer graduated from Gonzaga two years before I did. He wrote a book about 15 years ago, entitled "Healing the Culture." In that book, he discusses the 4 levels of Happiness, similar to Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs. The highest level of happiness according to Fr. Spitzer is "agape love."

@Night Hides Not
I would have loved to have been a fly on the wall, both to hear the teaching and to observe the young folks absorbing that lesson. 
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #188 on: December 07, 2017, 07:04:59 pm »
To allow for military absentee ballots to be sent overseas and returned before Election Day. (Why, when they're not living in the state? Because no one wants to be the one who denies a soldier, sailor or Marine the right to vote, even if they wouldn't otherwise have it.) Yes, it's that way everywhere else, too, although most states don't have the runoff rules to factor in.

Good answer...can't they use Federal Express?

Aw heck, we didn't have it back then, and I got a soldier's check sent to him in ONE DAY.

Sorry, we're back to that summer of '79. One of my MP's hadn't been paid in six weeks. He was miserable, hearing all of the stories of the fun had in nearby Lutjenberg.  I knew that my NCOs had been working his chain of command, obviously to no avail. 18 years old, almost in tears, half the summer gone.

I got ticked, and told my clerk, "get me his Group Commander on the phone! I'm only talking to him!"  Five minutes later, I'm on the phone with him. I explained the situation to him, that he was my last resort.

I followed that with "Sir, I had the pleasure of meeting you at the outbriefing of the Nuclear Surety Inspection at Bravo Battery, 5/6 ADA. I was the Augmentation Reserve Force Commander from Charlie 6/56."

I had gotten into it with the Chief Evaluator. I had 4 hours to assemble and train 40 air defenders whose last infantry experience was basic training. I got them there 30 minutes ahead of mission time, and this a-hole LTC starts chewing me out, "what took you so damn long?" I explained to him they needed extra training for this mission. For pete's sake, we were going to run infantry small unit tactics inside an area housing nukes.

At the outbriefing, the only negative comment had to do with the lack of urgency displayed by my unit. It was such a ridiculous comment, the officers from the other unit were snickering.

When the team left, the Deputy CG of 32nd AADCOM, BG Archie Cannon went to the podium. He pointed his finger at me, and said, "LT, anytime you want to give your soldiers extra training, you have my express permission."

The tenor of the conversation with the Group Commander immediately changed. "Sure I remember! LT, how are you doing up there!" Within an hour, a jeep was on being dispatched to our location, 400+ miles away. They arrived in time for breakfast, and we presented the paycheck to my MP.

Truly one of my fondest memories of my 8+ years in the Army.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #189 on: December 07, 2017, 07:11:06 pm »
@Night Hides Not
I would have loved to have been a fly on the wall, both to hear the teaching and to observe the young folks absorbing that lesson.

Better yet, watch this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_YjXjv2f8E

16 years ago, my wife and I visited Gonzaga during my 25th reunion. Father Bob (then President of GU) gave a 90 minute talk on his book. It was mesmerizing. He's a very dynamic speaker.

Silver Pines

« Reply #190 on: December 07, 2017, 07:51:54 pm »

Excessive over reaction.   Punch in the mouth,  yes.   Deprive him of sight for life?   Excessive bordering on psychotic.   

Actionable as well.

@DiogenesLamp

If some man grabs my privates?  The hell.  I'll try my best.  Besides, one eye is not sight-deprived.

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #191 on: December 07, 2017, 08:03:51 pm »
@DiogenesLamp

No, you won’t be allowed to misrepresent my point. 

I don't have any need to misrepresent your point.   Your point is clear.  Roy Moore is a "WITCH!!!!"   and he needs to burn because "WITCHCRAFT IS EVIL!!!!" 

Not a thing you say ever addresses evidence or proof.   

Long-winded lecture aside, I was responding to the attempts of a few here to portray the use of “molester” as some kind of fringe position/tactic, or outright trolling.  My point is that it’s a generally accepted conservative view that the molestation charges are credible.

I can think for myself.   If this collection of "conservatives"  among them that turd blossom "Erick Erickson",   find the charges credible,   then they have not done due diligence in forming their opinions.  (Which is entirely consistent with past behavior from Erick Erickson.)   

Again,  three witnesses contradict Beverly Nelson.   The Accounts between Nelson and Corfman sound like two completely different MOs,  and there are inherent contradictions with these women's own statements.   

Here,   this gay fellow makes a pretty good summation of the problems with these womens claims. 

If you keep yourself in a Breitbart bubble, you won’t be aware of it.

I don't read Beitbart.   I occasionally end up there from a link off of other sites,  but Breitbart is not on my list of daily reading.   

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #192 on: December 07, 2017, 08:08:20 pm »
@DiogenesLamp

Do you understand how the ping function works yet?  I think I’ve explained it three times now.

A bit narcissistic aren't you?   While you may be included in the group to which I was referring in my post to which you responded,   my post wasn't intended to be specifically about you.   It was a general observation. 

Now if you want to be informed of all my general observations,    I shall be delighted,   but asking me to ping you every time I philosophize on life is a bit burdensome for me,   and I would instead ask you to do what I do;   Ignore pings and just look through the threads till you find something you want to discuss.   

@CatherineofAragon
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #193 on: December 07, 2017, 08:12:39 pm »
When I worked for my dad I had to wear a suit and tie and perfect clean shoes every day at the office. . When I took over his business i pretty much went to kaki's and button down shirts with my company name embroidered on it. He did not like it but accepted it. Last time I  wore a suit was when he died 3 years ago. ..won't even wear one to church on Christmas or Easter.

After forced to wear a suit for 25+ years  I had enough.

Like you I have no tats, jewelery, not even a watch.

@DiogenesLamp

If I had a job in which it was a requirement,   I would certainly dress as my employer instructs.   

My preference is common sense attire for whatever work I feel like doing.    Boots,  Jeans,  and a T-shirt are usually sufficient to my daily needs.    Shorts in the summer.   

I think you and I are very much simpatico on this topic.   People should dress as they like,  and in whatever feels comfortable to them.   

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #194 on: December 07, 2017, 08:16:02 pm »

That's the same criticism many have of the "religious".    It's one thing to believe in God, quite another to aggressively proselytize.    The behavior's obnoxious,  whether practiced by those who seek to convert believers or non-believers.

Maybe so,   but some proselytization produces far worse long term results than other.   

Atheists and Muslims have each  produced body counts greater than 100 million dead.   

Judaism and Christianity?   Not so much.   Also Jews don't proselytize.   You got to WANT to be in their club!   

:) 
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #195 on: December 07, 2017, 08:23:21 pm »
Pete, I don't make fun of your beliefs, I'd appreciate it if you would return the courtesy.

@Sanguine @sneakypete

Just wait 'til Easter....it's on April 1 this coming year!
+++++++++

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #196 on: December 07, 2017, 08:26:12 pm »
@Sanguine @sneakypete

Just wait 'til Easter....it's on April 1 this coming year!

A cosmic collision.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #197 on: December 07, 2017, 08:27:44 pm »
When I worked for my dad I had to wear a suit and tie and perfect clean shoes every day at the office.

When I ran a business using college-student labor, I made my sales staff wear suits.  I helped them find inexpensive wear at second-hand store, sales, and overcoats from Army-Navy if they couldn't afford more. 

The people they encountered were so impressed when comparing them against their peers (the typical slovenly college kid), they were quite successful. 

But I could never wear a suit for work again.  Like you, I'm over it!
+++++++++

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #198 on: December 07, 2017, 08:47:21 pm »
Just so I have this clear.

Looking at a Roy Moore timeline, he nailed someone else's wife first and the Ten Commandments on the Court room's wall second?

Ok...
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline mirraflake

« Reply #199 on: December 07, 2017, 08:58:58 pm »
When I ran a business using college-student labor, I made my sales staff wear suits.  I helped them find inexpensive wear at second-hand store, sales, and overcoats from Army-Navy if they couldn't afford more. 

The people they encountered were so impressed when comparing them against their peers (the typical slovenly college kid), they were quite successful. 

But I could never wear a suit for work again.  Like you, I'm over it!

Most of my clients I have had for 20+ years or I get referral business from them.  If I had a meting with a new client with multiple people present I would probably wear a suit...but I am semi retired as is and just don't care anymore.

Also most of my competition now use the same dress down look. It's the times.

My wife and family has strict orders not to bury me in a suit.

@Suppressed