Author Topic: Wall Street Journal Calls for Deep State Dirty Cop Mueller to Step Down  (Read 2035 times)

rangerrebew

Wall Street Journal Calls for Deep State Dirty Cop Mueller to Step Down

December 5, 2017| by Donn Marten

The jackleg scoundrel appointed to be the Trump slayer is having a few public relations problems this week only days after the triumphant news that he had flipped General Michael Flynn against President Trump had the left jumping for joy.

Robert Mueller aka George W. Bush’s dirty FBI Director aka James Comey’s BFF is scrambling to deflect attention from the fact that his unaccountable personal Gestapo is packed to the gills with anti-Trump investigators, many of whom have shown support for the Democrats.

https://downtrend.com/donn-marten/wall-street-journal-calls-for-deep-state-dirty-cop-mueller-to-step-down

Offline Applewood

Re: Wall Street Journal Calls for Deep State Dirty Cop Mueller to Step Down
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2017, 11:46:58 am »
What exactly has Mueller done to deserve discharge, other than display a thoroughness not found in the numerous investigations of Hillary? 

Sorry, guys, but I don't fault Mueller on this investigation.  It has to be done.  Too many people seem to be afraid of where this investigation is going to lead. Well, it leads where it leads.  If there is wrongdoing, let it be found and if warranted, let the appropriate actions be taken.   If there is no wrongdoing, then it will end.

This investigation as far as I know has nothing to do with the Clintons.  If people are still unhappy about the investigations into the Clintons, then let those investigations start anew and keep this one going.  I don't believe this investigation should end just because past investigations into the Clintons may have been whitewashed.

Offline DB

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2017, 11:57:13 am »
What exactly has Mueller done to deserve discharge, other than display a thoroughness not found in the numerous investigations of Hillary? 

Sorry, guys, but I don't fault Mueller on this investigation.  It has to be done.  Too many people seem to be afraid of where this investigation is going to lead. Well, it leads where it leads.  If there is wrongdoing, let it be found and if warranted, let the appropriate actions be taken.   If there is no wrongdoing, then it will end.

This investigation as far as I know has nothing to do with the Clintons.  If people are still unhappy about the investigations into the Clintons, then let those investigations start anew and keep this one going.  I don't believe this investigation should end just because past investigations into the Clintons may have been whitewashed.

I find fault with using the investigation of "Russian collusion" as a fishing expedition into the business dealings of a host of wealthy connected people over decades. Virtually nobody on capital hill could survive such a legal enema of their business dealings over decades. Either there was Russian collusion or there wasn't. That was the task assigned.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2017, 04:05:17 pm »
I find fault with using the investigation of "Russian collusion" as a fishing expedition into the business dealings of a host of wealthy connected people over decades. Virtually nobody on capital hill could survive such a legal enema of their business dealings over decades. Either there was Russian collusion or there wasn't. That was the task assigned.

And maybe those past business dealings with Russian entities led to contact about fixing the election.  I suppose Trump's lawyers could argue in court that any such dealings have no bearing on the investigation and a judge might agree, bUT it's still not a valid reason for removing Mueller.

Offline kidd

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2017, 04:33:33 pm »
If there is no wrongdoing, then it will end.
That is naïve.

Mueller has had 6 month and $7 million.
Not even a hint of Russian influence on the 2016 election has been disclosed.

The ONLY mechanisms that will end this "investigation" is
 - for Trump to fire Mueller. That alone will cause a major fire storm
 - The DOJ to close the investigation. As Session has recused himself on this issue, all that is left are Obama holdovers.
 - Mueller to close the investigation. There is no motivation for Mueller to put himself out of work.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2017, 04:37:35 pm »

YOU have got to be joking!  You just forgot to add a sarcasm tag to this didn't you?
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline jpsb

« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2017, 04:54:00 pm »
If there is wrongdoing, let it be found and if warranted, let the appropriate actions be taken.   If there is no wrongdoing, then it will end.

So tell me, what, prior to being interviewed by the FBI, did Gen. Flynn do that was criminal?

Offline Concerned

« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2017, 05:15:41 pm »
So tell me, what, prior to being interviewed by the FBI, did Gen. Flynn do that was criminal?

Lots of media reports from the spring that he was acting as a foreign agent (for Turkey) without being registered as such.  Here's one such report:

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/03/10/white-house-trump-unaware-of-flynns-foreign-agent-work.html
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

Offline jpsb

« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2017, 05:24:55 pm »
Lots of media reports from the spring that he was acting as a foreign agent (for Turkey) without being registered as such.  Here's one such report:

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/03/10/white-house-trump-unaware-of-flynns-foreign-agent-work.html

Was that ever adjudicated? Was he ever charged with acting as an unregistered foreign agent?
No, did the FBI tell Flynn when they stopped by for a "chat" that they were conducting an official
interview and that anything he said could be used against him? No. Flynn did not do a damn thing
wrong and IMHO probably did not even "lie" to the FBI. He was ambushed and then beaten into
submission by the full force of the US government. Witch hunt!

Offline aligncare

« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2017, 05:33:57 pm »
Was that ever adjudicated? Was he ever charged with acting as an unregistered foreign agent?
No, did the FBI tell Flynn when they stopped by for a "chat" that they were conducting an official
interview and that anything he said could be used against him? No. Flynn did not do a damn thing
wrong and IMHO probably did not even "lie" to the FBI. He was ambushed and then beaten into

Abuse of prosecutorial power. This Russia collusion investigation was a sham from the start and has turned into a travesty of the special counsel law.

Mueller should be fired yesterday.

Offline Concerned

« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2017, 05:35:21 pm »

I simply answered the question you asked.  You asked if he "did" anything criminal.  Lots of reports are that he did.  I simply provided one such source in response to your question.  No, he wasn't tried and convicted, but there's been plenty of speculation that this crime (as well as potentially others) were rolled up by Mueller, and Flynn was given immunity for them, in exchange for his cooperation and him agreeing to plead guilty to lying.  This isn't unusual.  This is how the criminal justice system typically works.   Nothing new here other than it's being done to someone who some people consider "their guy".  When Starr offered immunity in the Clinton Investigation for things that had nothing to do with a land deal, I don't recall the outrage from those on the Right.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2017, 05:37:30 pm »

Is that what Flynn just copped to?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline jpsb

« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2017, 05:40:36 pm »
I simply answered the question you asked.  You asked if he "did" anything criminal.  Lots of reports are that he did.  I simply provided one such source in response to your question.  No, he wasn't tried and convicted, but there's been plenty of speculation that this crime (as well as potentially others) were rolled up by Mueller, and Flynn was given immunity for them, in exchange for his cooperation and him agreeing to plead guilty to lying.  This isn't unusual.  This is how the criminal justice system typically works.   Nothing new here other than it's being done to someone who some people consider "their guy".  When Starr offered immunity in the Clinton Investigation for things that had nothing to do with a land deal, I don't recall the outrage from those on the Right.

There were a number of us that thought impeaching Clinton over getting BJs in the oval office was
a big mistake by the GOP. And IIRC Newt tried to stop it but couldn't.

Re Flynn, he simply could not afford the legal fees to defend himself so he coped a plea. And that,
unless you are very wealthy, is how our legal system really works for 90% of us.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2017, 05:40:52 pm by jpsb »

Offline skeeter

« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2017, 05:41:41 pm »

Lol. We shall see how "typical" this whole farce ends up being.

Offline Concerned

« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2017, 05:43:14 pm »
Is that what Flynn just copped to?

I've not seen it publicly confirmed, but there's been plenty of speculation in the media that that's the case.  I find it hard to believe Flynn's attorney's would allow him to cooperate and plead to lying without wrapping up any and all other potential charges against him.

Offline jpsb

« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2017, 05:45:57 pm »
I find it hard to believe Flynn's attorney's would allow him to cooperate and plead to lying without wrapping up any and all other potential charges against him.

That I completely agree with.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2017, 05:56:12 pm »
People have been crowing about this investigation since the beginning.  Maybe now since Flynn appears to be cooperating and Mueller is moving into bank records and financial dealings, someone is getting afraid that wrongdoing will be found and the chit will hit the fan.  Yes, I know this has been going on for months, but it may take some time to build a case.  I don't think six months is all that unusual for an investigation like this.

I'm not a fan of Mueller, but I don't want him replaced with someone who is going to do a half-assed job of investigating for a week, then declare the investigation ended with no charges filed.  Had enough of that with Hillary.

Let it go on.  If nothing criminal is found, Trump can be his usual insufferable self and crow about his victory over the swamp for months on end.  But all his and his supporters' constant whining is doing now is making him and his people look guilty of something.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2017, 06:02:13 pm »
People have been crowing about this investigation since the beginning.  Maybe now since Flynn appears to be cooperating and Mueller is moving into bank records and financial dealings, someone is getting afraid that wrongdoing will be found and the chit will hit the fan.  Yes, I know this has been going on for months, but it may take some time to build a case.  I don't think six months is all that unusual for an investigation like this.

I'm not a fan of Mueller, but I don't want him replaced with someone who is going to do a half-assed job of investigating for a week, then declare the investigation ended with no charges filed.  Had enough of that with Hillary.

Let it go on.  If nothing criminal is found, Trump can be his usual insufferable self and crow about his victory over the swamp for months on end.  But all his and his supporters' constant whining is doing now is making him and his people look guilty of something.

The bank records subpoena has been proven to be fake news.  Really hard to keep up isn't it?
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline jpsb

« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2017, 06:04:15 pm »

It is sad that so many are willing to give up "justice" in pursuit of a political agenda. We get it that
you do not like President Trump but you're willingness to unleash a partisan witch hunt against
him without a shred of evidence of any crime is really just too much to take. You can shove your
let be fair sanctimonious BS where the Sun does not shine.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2017, 06:20:06 pm »

They haven't even found a crime yet let alone that Trump had something to do with it.  How many hundreds of millions should we spend on this witch hunt.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2017, 06:29:26 pm »
It is sad that so many are willing to give up "justice" in pursuit of a political agenda. We get it that
you do not like President Trump but you're willingness to unleash a partisan witch hunt against
him without a shred of evidence of any crime is really just too much to take. You can shove your
let be fair sanctimonious BS where the Sun does not shine.

And why are Trump and his supporters so eager to quash this investigation?  You don't know that this is a witch hunt.  And as I recall, that term was used by Democrats when Hillary was investigated too.  Wouldn't it be showing who is the better man is for Trump to say, "go ahead.  I have nothing to hide" ...unless he does have something to hide?

And you talk about evidence.  Well, no, there is no evidence yet.  That is what the investigation is for.  To uncover evidence.  If there is none, we will find out soon enough.  And if there is, or Mueller thinks there is, then Trump or whoever is accused can fight it out in the proper forum. 

I don't know who you think has a political agenda here.  It isn't me.  True, I don't like Trump and probably never will.  But questions have been raised and they need to be investigated.  That is what I'm focused on here.  I don't care if he and/or those close to him are guilty or not guilty of any crime because I am "blinded by Trump hatred" or whatever the current perjoratives are.  I just want to see the questions answered and, if necessary, justice done. 

And while we're at it -- since so many (including me) felt the Hillary investigations were dog and pony shows -- why aren't those investigations being restarted?  Why is Trump hesitant about pursuing those matters?

Offline RetBobbyMI

« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2017, 06:30:08 pm »
“The jackleg scoundrel”? Love the WSJ’s choice of words.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline aligncare

« Reply #22 on: December 06, 2017, 06:30:15 pm »
They haven't even found a crime yet let alone that Trump had something to do with it.  How many hundreds of millions should we spend on this witch hunt.

However much it takes to achieve the desired result: indictment or impeachment. One or the other.

President Trump, fire Mueller.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #23 on: December 06, 2017, 06:31:13 pm »

The paltry arrests so far from Mueller have been missing one key element; the words "Russian Collusion" in the charges. He got Manafart on shit that happened 10 years ago and Flynn because he is a lying jackass. There is no reason for this investigation to exist. A year and a half of digging through everything and we have nothing but a single process crime. Now we find out that the entire Mueller crew are ex Clinton hatchet men. It's a farce.

From where I sit, folks like you are the ones sweating bullets because Donny and crew are still rolling along and this investigation that was supposed to have Donny in handcuffs by now has gone nowhere. It must ruin your day waking up and realizing that your dream of having a stone cold loser like Pence as President just ain't going to happen. 

Offline RetBobbyMI

« Reply #24 on: December 06, 2017, 06:43:01 pm »
I've not seen it publicly confirmed, but there's been plenty of speculation in the media that that's the case.  I find it hard to believe Flynn's attorney's would allow him to cooperate and plead to lying without wrapping up any and all other potential charges against him.
Flynn’s attorney wasn’t informed at the time that the FBI obtained his supposed false statement under false pretenses.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy