Author Topic: Will the EPA give in to state governors on ethanol credit waivers?  (Read 866 times)

Offline endicom

Hot Air
Jazz Shaw
Dec. 4, 2017

The pressure is growing on Scott Pruitt and the Environmental Protection Agency to do something… anything… about the costs being imposed on consumers and the energy sector by the Renewable Fuel Standard. According to Politico’s Morning Energy newsletter, there’s a meeting scheduled for Thursday in which President Trump will be talking to Ted Cruz and other interested parties about the subject.

But in a preemptive strike before that happens, Texas Governor Greg Abbott fired off a letter to the EPA asking for relief in the form of a waiver, getting Texas out from under the cost of the RIN credits (Renewable Identification Numbers) required if you can’t blend enough ethanol into your fuel. The “unique, adverse impacts” he cites here are completely self-inflicted wounds being imposed by our own government.

More... https://hotair.com/archives/2017/12/04/will-epa-give-state-governors-ethanol-credit-waivers/

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Will the EPA give in to state governors on ethanol credit waivers?
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2017, 12:43:01 am »
I would hope so!  And soon!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline endicom

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2017, 01:20:29 am »
I would hope so!  And soon!

87 is at $2.60 here and I would like to see it go lower, not higher.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2017, 02:39:07 am »
Ethanol has no economic, energy, environmental merit.

Its only claim to fame is that it scores political points.

So why do we still have it if we have a non-political Government now?
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington