Author Topic: ABC's Brian Ross won't cover Trump stories after false Flynn report  (Read 373 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
ABC's Brian Ross won't cover Trump stories after false Flynn report
By Brett Samuels - 12/04/17 05:28 PM EST

ABC News won't allow reporter Brian Ross to cover stories related to President Trump, a decision that comes after he delivered an inaccurate report on former National Security Adviser Michael Flynn’s guilty plea.

ABC News' president tore into his staff on Monday and informed them of the decision about Ross, CNN reported.

Ross initially reported on Friday that Flynn would testify that Trump directed him during the campaign to make contact with Russian officials. Stocks plunged shortly after the report was put out.

more
http://thehill.com/homenews/media/363196-abc-news-reporter-wont-cover-trump-stories-after-faulty-flynn-report
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2017, 03:45:21 am »
The Hill, Dec 4, 2017, Brett Samuels

ABC News won't allow reporter Brian Ross to cover stories related to President Trump, a decision that comes after he delivered an inaccurate report on former national security adviser Michael Flynn’s guilty plea.

ABC News's president tore into his staff on Monday and informed them of the decision about Ross, CNN reported.

More: http://thehill.com/homenews/media/363196-abc-news-reporter-wont-cover-trump-stories-after-faulty-flynn-report

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Re: ABC's Brian Ross won't cover Trump stories after false Flynn report
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2017, 03:45:42 am »
Just fire his damn azz.

Offline Optiguy

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2017, 04:05:59 am »
ABC: "We don't trust our guy when it comes to facts. We like the way he reports so we'll keep him around."

Offline LMAO

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2017, 04:08:24 am »
So......

Are we to all guess when is reporting is accurate or not
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2017, 04:10:46 am »
ABC: "We don't trust our guy when it comes to facts. We like the way he reports so we'll keep him around."

You got your yearly post in before the end of the fiscal quarter Optiguy! Now you can claim it as a deduction on you 2017 filings!

Cheers!

See you next year and I hope your Optispark doesn't get damp and corroded. It's a bitch to replace.

Offline Optiguy

« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2017, 04:16:41 am »
You got your yearly post in before the end of the fiscal quarter Optiguy! Now you can claim it as a deduction on you 2017 filings!

Cheers!

See you next year and I hope your Optispark doesn't get damp and corroded. It's a bitch to replace.

My infrequent posting isn't for lack of wanting to post more often. I usually see you've commented already and realize there's nothing more to add to the quality of the discussion.  888high58888

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2017, 04:20:26 am »
My infrequent posting isn't for lack of wanting to post more often. I usually see you've commented already and realize there's nothing more to add to the quality of the discussion.  888high58888

In other words the discussion is low level garbage and not worth signing in. I concur.

Offline Optiguy

« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2017, 04:31:24 am »
In other words the discussion is low level garbage and not worth signing in. I concur.

"What ho!" I said.
"What ho!" said Motty.
"What ho! What ho!"
"What ho! What ho! What ho!"
After that it seemed rather difficult to go on with the conversation.”
― P.G. Wodehouse, My Man Jeeves

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2017, 06:09:27 am »
Shouldn't they restrict him from covering shootings, as well?
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2017, 07:23:29 am »
Shouldn't they restrict him from covering shootings, as well?

:beer:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Snarknado

• Anti
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2017, 12:57:05 pm »
I'm sure Ross and the ABC news staff in general made the natural assumption that anything coming from Mueller would dovetail with the left-wing narrative, so they reported it that way. Their absolute belief in the narrative made the inaccuracy seem like an unimportant detail, marginally worthy of a "clarification". They were undoubtedly pleased by the stock market plunge. It was only the totally unexpected media reaction that took them by surprise and finally forced the reluctant "correction" hours later. Then the boss has to put on a phony act of outrage not so much over the inaccuracy itself but over the ammunition it hands to Trump accusations of left-wing bias and fake news.
---
Everything I need to know I learned in GTA