Author Topic: Romney: Moore serving in Senate would be 'stain on the GOP and on the nation'  (Read 1867 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Romney: Moore serving in Senate would be 'stain on the GOP and on the nation'
By Brett Samuels - 12/04/17 05:04 PM EST

Former GOP presidential nominee Mitt Romney said Monday a victory for Alabama Senate candidate Roy Moore would be “a stain on the GOP and on the nation,” hours after President Trump endorsed Moore.

"Roy Moore in the US Senate would be a stain on the GOP and on the nation. Leigh Corfman and other victims are courageous heroes. No vote, no majority is worth losing our honor, our integrity," Romney tweeted.

more
http://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/363192-romney-roy-moore-serving-in-the-senate-would-be-stain-on-the-gop-and-on-the
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Anyone need more reason to reject this doofus?
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline DiogenesLamp

Loser says what?   Who cares!   Losers don't matter. 

Obama is an idiot,  and Romney boy couldn't kick his @$$. 

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Last Edit: December 04, 2017, 11:07:01 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline Fantom

Nope, I did not vote for the POS the last time I had a choice. Would rather have an obama or clinton.
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline RetBobbyMI

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
By Brett Samuels - 12/04/17 05:04 PM EST

Former GOP presidential nominee Mitt Romney said Monday a victory for Alabama Senate candidate Roy Moore would be “a stain on the GOP and on the nation,” hours after President Trump endorsed Moore.

"Roy Moore in the US Senate would be a stain on the GOP and on the nation. Leigh Corfman and other victims are courageous heroes. No vote, no majority is worth losing our honor, our integrity," Romney tweeted.

more
http://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/363192-romney-roy-moore-serving-in-the-senate-would-be-stain-on-the-gop-and-on-the

OMG.  I just defended Romney on another thread and now he does this.  Okay, that's just horrible.  He has no right to judge Moore, especially after he let us down by doing the gentleman thing on a really bad guy, Obama.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline RoosGirl

Guess Mitt didn't get the memo on language.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2017, 01:57:32 am by RoosGirl »

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
I can tie a coffee bean to my ass and swim across the Columbia River and make a darker stain than that do nothing SOB Romney over the years.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2017, 02:00:07 am by WineNot »
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
A "Stain on the GOP and the nation."

In Romney World it would LOOK BETTER if we just let him arrange the terms of our surrender instead.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Online corbe

Guess Mitt didn't get the memo on language.

Yea @Cripplecreek didn't get that memo either they must have @Yahoo accounts.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum

Heh.
I think it's the other way around, Mitt.

Offline Frank Cannon

Fun Fact: The Human Stain was a book about an old man having an affair with a younger girl.

Maybe Romney was being sly with his reference..........nah. Romney is too much of a simple minded dullard to know more than Joe Smith's odd book.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

Problem is...Hatch is just as bad...if not worse than Mitt would be.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline cato potatoe

Two things can be true.  Romney probably should not join in the mob.  It must seem patronizing to the voters in Alabama.  On the other hand, the party is likely to regret endorsing Moore, since it appears he was dishonest and does have an eye for jailbait.  Ask yourself if you would want your daughter working in his senate office as a staffer.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2017, 03:42:46 pm by cato potatoe »

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Two things can be true.  Romney probably should not join in the mob.  It must seem patronizing to the voters in Alabama.  On the other hand, the party is likely to regret endorsing Moore, since it appears he was dishonest and does have an eye for jailbait.  Ask yourself if you would want your daughter working in his senate office as a staffer.

Since I REFUSE to be lead around by the nose by the media and have taken an objective look at Roy Moore's ENTIRE life of service to his country and state I would absolutely LOVE for my daughter to have the opportunity of working with him as a United States Senator!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Problem is...Hatch is just as bad...if not worse than Mitt would be.

I disagree! 

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
I disagree!

Well, Hatch has been painted as a 'Golden Boy' by the NRA in the past.

I can well imagine Mittens joining in the Rat clamor for more 'Common Sense INFRINGEMENTS' on the 2nd Amendment the very second they set in to blowing off about it again.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Frank Cannon

Let's be honest here. Romney isn't from UT. He wasn't born in UT. He doesn't reside full time in UT. There is only one reason in the world why he is running for Senate there......

He is no different than Carpetbagger Hitlary when she ran for Senate in NY instead of Arkansas because she had NYC Libs all sewed up. It's pathetic and shows he is just as weak as ever.

Offline Fantom

Yep, romney is a stain on his "Majik" underwear.
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Fun Fact: The Human Stain was a book about an old man having an affair with a younger girl.

Maybe Romney was being sly with his reference..........nah. Romney is too much of a simple minded dullard to know more than Joe Smith's odd book.

Maybe a staffer placed the book in his binder full of women.  Interestingly enough, the main character, Coleman Silk is also accused of racism.

Silk is accused of racism by two African American students over the use of the word "spooks," using the term to describe their absence from the classroom (like "ghosts") rather than in the racially derogatory sense. The uproar leads to Silk's resignation.

Today, these Moore comments from the runoff resurfaced.....

"In response to a question from one of the only African Americans in the audience — who asked when Moore thought America was last 'great' — Moore acknowledged the nation’s history of racial divisions, but said: 'I think it was great at the time when families were united — even though we had slavery — they cared for one another…. Our families were strong, our country had a direction.'"

“Now we have blacks and whites fighting, reds and yellows fighting, Democrats and Republicans fighting, men and women fighting. What’s going to unite us? What’s going to bring us back together? A president? A Congress? No. It’s going to be God.”
« Last Edit: December 08, 2017, 04:04:35 am by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Romney is totally out of bounds with this.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline RetBobbyMI

Let's be honest here. Romney isn't from UT. He wasn't born in UT. He doesn't reside full time in UT. There is only one reason in the world why he is running for Senate there......

He is no different than Carpetbagger Hitlary when she ran for Senate in NY instead of Arkansas because she had NYC Libs all sewed up. It's pathetic and shows he is just as weak as ever.
There is an error in the photo. I think the is one too many M.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline Frank Cannon

There is an error in the photo. I think the is one too many M.

LOL!