Author Topic: Bannon trying to keep Mitt Romney out of Senate in Utah: report  (Read 218 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Bannon trying to keep Mitt Romney out of Senate in Utah: report
« on: December 03, 2017, 10:09:12 pm »
Bannon trying to keep Mitt Romney out of Senate in Utah: report
By Mallory Shelbourne - 12/03/17 04:07 PM EST

Former White House chief strategist Stephen Bannon is reportedly considering an endorsement of Sen. Orrin Hatch (R-Utah) to prevent Mitt Romney from launching a bid for the seat.

The Washington Examiner in a report published Sunday cited a Bannon associate who said the former top Trump aide is contemplating supporting Hatch.

“If Steve had a choice between Orrin Hatch and Mitt Romney, he would pick Hatch 10 times out of 10,” the source told the Examiner.

more
http://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/363032-bannon-trying-to-keep-mitt-romney-out-of-senate-in-utah-report
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Re: Bannon trying to keep Mitt Romney out of Senate in Utah: report
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2017, 10:42:59 pm »
I doubt that Bannon has very much sway in Utah.

The fact is Hatch stayed with Trump, and was selected to "designated survivor," remaining off site during the inauguration in Wash. DC of President Trump.

Unlike Romney, Hatch is a Utah person. Romney has never been a Utah person, aside from his vacation home in Park City and his role for the Winter Olympics.

I doubt both would remain in a race and fight against the other.

Bannon might well find Hatch deciding to retire at age 84 and Romeny get the nomination.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2017, 10:58:37 pm »

None at all. If Romney wants Utah, he'll have it in a walk.

Offline jpsb

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2017, 11:04:06 pm »
Orin Hatch or Mitt Romney .... hmmm ... let me thing about this .... Orin Hatch in a New York second.

Online libertybele

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2017, 11:23:59 pm »

The fact is Hatch stayed with Trump, and was selected to "designated survivor," remaining off site during the inauguration in Wash. DC of President Trump.

Unlike Romney, Hatch is a Utah person. Romney has never been a Utah person, aside from his vacation home in Park City and his role for the Winter Olympics.

I doubt both would remain in a race and fight against the othe

Bannon might well find Hatch deciding to retire at age 84 and Romeny get the nomination.

Not quite so sure why Bannon would side with Hatch over Romney; both are part of the GOPe.  Nor am I so sure that either are out of favor in Utah; the Romney's are well liked and respected.  I would hope Hatch would retire .
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.