Author Topic: Senate GOP repeals ObamaCare mandate  (Read 617 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Senate GOP repeals ObamaCare mandate
« on: December 02, 2017, 02:55:45 pm »
The Hill, Dec 2, 2017, Peter Sullivan

Senate Republicans have approved the repeal of ObamaCare’s individual mandate as part of their tax-cut bill, a major step toward ending an unpopular part of the health-care law.

“Families ought to be able to make decisions about what they want to buy and what works for them — not the government,” Sen. John Barrasso  (R-Wyo.) said, hailing the accomplishment.

“I believe if people don’t want to buy the ObamaCare insurance, they shouldn’t have to pay a tax penalty to the IRS.”

More: http://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/362838-senate-gop-repeals-obamacare-mandate

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Senate GOP repeals ObamaCare mandate
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2017, 03:00:25 pm »
The Hill, Dec 2, 2017, Peter Sullivan

Senate Republicans have approved the repeal of ObamaCare’s individual mandate as part of their tax-cut bill, a major step toward ending an unpopular part of the health-care law.

“Families ought to be able to make decisions about what they want to buy and what works for them — not the government,” Sen. John Barrasso  (R-Wyo.) said, hailing the accomplishment.

“I believe if people don’t want to buy the ObamaCare insurance, they shouldn’t have to pay a tax penalty to the IRS.”

More: http://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/362838-senate-gop-repeals-obamacare-mandate

Excellent news!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2017, 03:05:51 pm »
Obamacare Mandate Repeal Is the Most Important Civil Rights Victory in Years
Breitbart, Dec 2, 2017, John Nolte

Going all the way back to 2009, it was obvious Obamacare would end up looking like a Rube Goldberg machine powered by totalitarianism. Who would have ever guessed, though, it was such a fiasco that the mandate would actually cost the government money — a delicious irony that would result in its undoing.

It works like this…

For the sin of being born, Obamacare mandates that every American purchase health insurance. If we do not purchase this totally unnecessary, godawful product (more on this below), we are required by law to pay a hefty tax to the federal government.

More: http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2017/12/02/nolte-obamacare-mandate-repeal-important-civil-rights-victory-years/

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2017, 03:37:26 am »
Just as a wall is built one brick at a time, so can it be dismantled that way.

The individual mandate was a pretty big "brick" in the wall of obamacare.

Let's hope that they yank it out once and for all!

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2017, 10:31:02 am »
BUMP ... This has got to be at least as important as Big Macs. 

« Last Edit: December 03, 2017, 11:38:16 am by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline LMAO

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2017, 02:21:13 pm »
BUMP ... This has got to be at least as important as Big Macs.

Or whose touching who
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy