Author Topic: House conservatives won't back spending bill with ObamaCare payments  (Read 386 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
House conservatives won't back spending bill with ObamaCare payments
By Jessie Hellmann - 11/30/17 01:33 PM EST

House conservatives said they won't support a short-term spending bill to fund the government if it contains provisions to "bail out" insurance companies.

A deal between moderate GOP Sen. Susan Collins (R-Maine), President Trump and Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) would likely attach two bipartisan measures to stabilize ObamaCare's insurance markets to the spending bill in exchange for her vote on tax reform.

But conservatives say that wouldn't pass the House.

more
http://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/362603-house-conservatives-slam-deal-to-fund-obamacare-payments-in-spending-bill
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline bilo

Re: House conservatives won't back spending bill with ObamaCare payments
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2017, 08:47:56 pm »
This is why we should only support conservatives. "Moderate" Pubs vote like Rats and support big govt intervention in the economy. Why should Tax payers give money to private insurance companies?
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: House conservatives won't back spending bill with ObamaCare payments
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2017, 09:33:12 pm »
EXCELLENT news!

They should stick to that position for as long as it takes!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien