Author Topic: Russell Simmons steps down from companies after accusation of sexual assault  (Read 482 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Russell Simmons steps down from companies after accusation of sexual assault
By Judy Kurtz - 11/30/17 11:16 AM EST

Russell Simmons said he’s removing himself from his businesses in the wake of a new allegation of sexual assault against him.

Screenwriter Jenny Lumet claimed in an open letter to the hip-hop mogul published Thursday in the Hollywood Reporter that Simmons “sexually violated” her in 1991.

Lumet described feeling “dread and disorientation” after accepting a ride home in Simmons’ car, only for his driver to take her to the music mogul’s apartment, despite her objections.

more
http://thehill.com/blogs/in-the-know/362557-russell-simmons-stepping-down-after-accusation-of-sexual-assault
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
Honestly I have to wonder what's really going on here.

I just don't believe these people are just stepping down so easily without some sort of ulterior motive in the works.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
Tip of the iceberg. I bet he has used this same method a dozen times
Countdown to Resignation

Offline thackney

Honestly I have to wonder what's really going on here.

I just don't believe these people are just stepping down so easily without some sort of ulterior motive in the works.

That ulterior motive may be to get out of the line of fire before the dozens of others he knows will be adding their voices.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline Frank Cannon

Loving seeing all the people I hate going down the tubes.

Offline endicom

The music business? Say it ain't so!

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
"I know Keri Claussen Khalighi and remember the weekend in 1991 that she has referenced,” Simmons said in a statement. “Everything that happened between us 26 years ago was completely consensual and with Keri’s full participation.”

I like how he thinks that makes sexual contact between a 17 year old girl and 34 year old man OK.

"I have been informed with great anguish of Jenny Lumet’s recollection about our night together in 1991," he wrote to THR. "I know Jenny and her family and have seen her several times over the years since the evening she described. While her memory of that evening is very different from mine, it is now clear to me that her feelings of fear and intimidation are real. While I have never been violent, I have been thoughtless and insensitive in some of my relationships over many decades and I sincerely apologize."

Seems like 1991 was quite a busy year for Simmons.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2017, 05:47:07 pm by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.