Author Topic: Media Attack Melania Trump’s Christmas Decorations, Calling Them A Horror Show Nightmare  (Read 1960 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Media Attack Melania Trump’s Christmas Decorations, Calling Them A Horror Show Nightmare

Benny Johnson
Reporter At Large
8:44 AM 11/30/2017

The White House unveiled their annual Christmas decorations this week. Many commenters online complimented the tinseled White House designed by the First Lady. However, like all things Trump, there was invariably controversy.

There was no shortage of charming, Christmas-y photographs from the interior of the White House:

more w/photos [Getty images]
http://dailycaller.com/2017/11/30/media-attack-melania-trumps-christmas-decorations-calling-them-a-horror-show-nightmare/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Frank Cannon

I'm guessing that these people miss the traditional American ornaments that Obama used.....

BTW I never heard of Martina Markota before, but she has to be the hottest Right Winger around.

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
The pictures I saw made me think we had a Tsar rather than a President.
Countdown to Resignation

Offline AllThatJazzZ

• Adopt your next pet, preferably a senior.
What am I missing? I thought the decorations were lovely -- especially the white, non-traditional ones. They looked magical and ethereal to me. So, what's the big deal? Is there something I'm not seeing?

A government big enough to give you everything you want
is a government big enough to take away everything you have.

Online Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
What am I missing? I thought the decorations were lovely -- especially the white, non-traditional ones. They looked magical and ethereal to me. So, what's the big deal? Is there something I'm not seeing?

I'm a tax payer and I approve.
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer

I did find this kinda funny.....
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
I thought it looked nice, and I didn't see any condoms on the Christmas trees, either (Clinton era).
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline RoosGirl

I did find this kinda funny.....

Some of them are pretty funny.  There are those of us that can find something to make fun of with even the most simple of set-ups.  Maybe our brains are wired different than "normal"; I just say we're fun!

Offline RoosGirl

Offline edpc

@RoosGirl

To be honest, my first thought after seeing Ivanka’s thanksgiving centerpiece suggestion was it would be right at home in Tim Burton’s gathering.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.

Just photoshop Hillary into the original photos and you have the "Horror Story" covered.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
I like them but they don't exactly say "Christmas".

We bought a couple of the star shower laser lights and they're awesome to shine up into the leafless trees. Its like thousands of fireflies sparkling in the tree.

Offline RoosGirl

@RoosGirl

To be honest, my first thought after seeing Ivanka’s thanksgiving centerpiece suggestion was it would be right at home in Tim Burton’s gathering.

@edpc

Offline edpc

Given Trump's penchant for crassness and gaudy decor, I fully expected him to go with this as seen on TV item....

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Haters gotta hate. 

Offline RoosGirl

Offline NavyCanDo

I saw the video someone posted the other day and thought it beautifully done, and I'm not even a fan of Trump.
Having watched documentaries of White House Christmas decorating of both the Obama and the Bush families I don't see it as being much more extravagant than what they did. Granted that hall looks a bit un-Christmas but most of it was just beautiful. But people are going to complain or poke fun, just because of who's in office. Totally expected.

A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
You throw that word around a lot.

Mad hatters gotta hat.

Offline AllThatJazzZ

• Adopt your next pet, preferably a senior.
I saw the video someone posted the other day and thought it beautifully done, and I'm not even a fan of Trump.
Having watched documentaries of White House Christmas decorating of both the Obama and the Bush families I don't see it as being much more extravagant than what they did. Granted that hall looks a bit un-Christmas but most of it was just beautiful. But people are going to complain or poke fun, just because of who's in office. Totally expected.

I'm not a Trump fan either, but I don't take shots at him (and certainly not his wife) just for the sake of making an anti-Trump point. I like the hall, although it has kind of been diminished by some of the goofy graphics on this thread. Most of the references are over my head. I'm not much on movies or TV shows, and I think they're in reference to those.

I'll try to find the video you referenced. 

A government big enough to give you everything you want
is a government big enough to take away everything you have.

Offline Suppressed

We bought a couple of the star shower laser lights and they're awesome to shine up into the leafless trees. Its like thousands of fireflies sparkling in the tree.

In the UK, they are trying to track the tiny populations of fireflies/glow worms, and they got a huge number of false reports last year from people calling in those laser lights.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Suppressed

Given Trump's penchant for crassness and gaudy decor, I fully expected him to go with this as seen on TV item....

Do you get one that switches between Santa and Santa's skeleton?
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline mountaineer

Except he didn't, so what was the point of your post?
I've never been a Trumpist, but it is beyond ridiculous to find fault with the Christmas decor after eight years of B. Hussein Obama occupying the White House.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline edpc

Do you get one that switches between Santa and Santa's skeleton?

They were hawking them at Halloween and offering Christmas as a bonus.   *****rollingeyes*****

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Don't see what the big deal is.  It's a decorators interpretation...new twist on an old theme.

Sure beats a tree with ornaments honoring Chairman Mao...a Drag Queen or Obama's head on Mount Rushmore.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline mountaineer

Sure beats a tree with ornaments honoring Chairman Mao...a Drag Queen or Obama's head on Mount Rushmore.
Not to mention the Clintons' sex toys tree, or whatever the heck it was.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org