Author Topic: Variety: Lauer locked women in office — and management covered for him; Update: SOP at NBC?  (Read 375 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Variety: Lauer locked women in office — and management covered for him; Update: SOP at NBC?

Ed MorrisseyPosted at 4:31 pm on November 29, 2017

Garrison Keillor may have won today’s take-expiration prize, but NBC News’ Andrew Lack may run a close second. Earlier today, Lack insisted that NBC had acted against Matt Lauer just as soon as they found out about an alleged assault on a colleague, firing him after a one-day investigation. Variety’s Elizabeth Wagmeister rebutted Lack, claiming that NBC knew full well that her magazine had worked on a Lauer story for two months. It finally dropped this afternoon, and … Lack has a lot of explaining to do.

For instance, who approved the buzzer door lock installed in Lauer’s office?

more
https://hotair.com/archives/2017/11/29/variety-lauer-locked-women-office-management-covered/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline endicom

The Peacock Network.

Offline Suppressed

The update points out that they don't know whether it locked people in or out.  I imagine it was the latter, and it's ridiculous to say it's "expensive" to put in such a mechanism...when you have a star who's paid $25 million a year.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn