Author Topic: Chicago bakery loses 800 workers after immigration raid  (Read 619 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Chicago bakery loses 800 workers after immigration raid
« on: November 29, 2017, 08:50:25 pm »
Chicago bakery loses 800 workers after immigration raid
Chicago Channel 9, Nov 28, 2017, Melissa Espana,

CHICAGO — A Chicago bakery lost 800 workers to an immigration raid earlier this year.

Bloomberg reports that the Cloverhill Bakery on the Northwest Side, lost more than a third of its employees who didn’t have sufficient documentation.

The Swiss-based company makes hamburger buns for McDonald’s and other chains.

More: http://wgntv.com/2017/11/28/chicago-bakery-loses-800-workers-after-immigration-raid/

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Re: Chicago bakery loses 800 workers after immigration raid
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2017, 08:54:10 pm »
Chicago Immigration Raid Leaves Swiss Baker Scrambling to Restaff
Bloomberg News Nov 27, 2017, Thomas Mulier

“It’s proceeding very, very slowly because it’s like having a brand new factory and a brand new workforce,” Chief Executive Officer Kevin Toland said on a call with analysts. “That’s presenting a lot of challenges, as you can imagine.”

The raid on workers at Cloverhill is one of the biggest U.S. employment headaches reported by a European company so far as President Donald Trump has made curbing undocumented immigration a centerpiece of his presidency. Aryzta said it faces challenges in retaining staff in the U.S. and pressure to raise wages.

Aryzta wasn’t able to verify that the workers had the necessary documents to work because they were brought in by a staffing agency, interim Chief Financial Officer David Wilkinson said in September. He also said the board wasn’t aware of the extent of the risk that existed to the business. The company first reported the loss of 800 workers at that time.

More: https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-11-27/chicago-bakery-s-immigration-issues-plague-otis-spunkmeyer-maker

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2017, 08:55:42 pm »
All he cared about was the cost.  Screw him

If you tell a staffing agency the people have to be legal then they will be.   If you dont care and just want the cheapest then thats what you'll get.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2017, 08:56:06 pm »
Music to my pink ears.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2017, 11:44:39 pm »
Music to my pink ears.

Both of us!   888high58888
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2017, 01:21:14 am »
I could point those Authorities to another bakery just a few miles from my back yard where they could grab hundreds of illegals too, but if I know about it, and everyone Else in the State knows about it, then those Authorities also know about it already and aren't going to do S#@t about it.

My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2017, 01:25:15 am »

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2017, 01:26:48 am »
They could do this at 10,000 job sites in America and it would only be a "good start".
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....