Author Topic: US economy expanded at brisk 3.3 pct. pace in third quarter  (Read 1034 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
US economy expanded at brisk 3.3 pct. pace in third quarter
« on: November 29, 2017, 05:35:39 pm »

By PAUL WISEMAN
Today

WASHINGTON (AP) — Led by a rise in business investment, the U.S. economy grew at an annual pace of 3.3 percent from July through September, its fastest rate in three years.

The Commerce Department estimated Wednesday that third-quarter growth exceeded the 3 percent annual expansion for the period that it had initially reported last month.

The performance, achieved despite damage from two devastating hurricanes, marked the fastest expansion in gross domestic product — the broadest gauge of economic output — since a 5.2 percent annual spurt in the third quarter of 2014.

more
https://apnews.com/32131b9c5cfd456482490c72b782ebab/US-economy-expanded-at-brisk-3.3-pct.-pace-in-third-quarter
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: US economy expanded at brisk 3.3 pct. pace in third quarter
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2017, 12:39:13 am »
What a change from the 8-year-crawl-along of the obammunists...

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2017, 12:26:20 pm »
U.S. third-quarter economic growth fastest in three years
Reuters, Nov 29, 2017, Lucia Mutikani

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The U.S. economy grew faster than initially thought in the third quarter, notching its quickest pace in three years, buoyed by robust business spending on equipment and an accumulation of inventories.

Gross domestic product expanded at a 3.3 percent annual rate last quarter also boosted by a rebound in government investment, the Commerce Department said in its second GDP estimate on Wednesday. That was the fastest pace since the third quarter of 2014 and a pickup from the second quarter’s 3.1 percent rate.

The economy was previously reported to have grown at a 3.0 percent pace in the July-September period. It was the first time since 2014 that the economy experienced growth of 3 percent or more for two straight quarters.

More: https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-economy-gdp/u-s-third-quarter-economic-growth-fastest-in-three-years-idUSKBN1DT1W7

Online LMAO

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2017, 04:05:35 pm »

If we start having 3% or greater yearly GDP under Trump, it will be even more difficult for the Democrats to justify electing them.

Identity politics and "Trump sux" isn't going to do it
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2017, 04:19:45 pm »
The economy isn't growing unless the media says it is growing. That won't happen in an election year. There will be a 200% increase in homelessness and foreclosures. Gloom and doom.
Countdown to Resignation

Offline skeeter

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2017, 04:21:45 pm »

So that wasn't 'the new normal'?

I guess Obama lied.