Author Topic: Victorious Trump moves to reshape consumer bureau  (Read 822 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Victorious Trump moves to reshape consumer bureau
« on: November 29, 2017, 01:31:47 pm »
Victorious Trump moves to reshape consumer bureau
Politico, Nov 28, 2017, LORRAINE WOELLERT

Hot off a legal victory handing him control of the government’s top consumer watchdog, President Donald Trump is moving rapidly to nominate a permanent director to rein in the agency’s reach.

For now, the ruling puts a halt to a chaotic series of events set in motion Friday, when former CFPB Director Richard Cordray abruptly resigned. It also moves the White House a step closer to curbing the power of the independent agency, which since its inception has bedeviled banks, credit card issuers and other financial companies. In the process it has cheered wronged consumers, collecting $12 billion in penalties and recoveries on their behalf.

Read more:  https://www.politico.com/story/2017/11/28/trump-mulvaney-consumer-protections-267826

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Re: Victorious Trump moves to reshape consumer bureau
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2017, 01:33:04 pm »
Ms. Woellert thinks this is a bad thing.   :laugh:

Offline RetBobbyMI

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2017, 02:08:50 pm »
The Financial CHOICE Act, proposed by the House Financial Services Committee's Jeb Hensarling, to repeal the Dodd–Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act, passed the House on June 8, 2017. Also in June 2017, the Senate was crafting its own reform bill.

Once again, the premadonnas lead by McConnell hold up progress.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2017, 02:28:12 pm »
I'm hoping that reshape means to destroy utterly!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2017, 03:33:53 pm »
My comment on Politico.  This ought to give them fits in the almost all-left comment section:

Wow. Such screaming I hear. Look, this agency was set up to give the Director infinite authority to do as he/she pleases, and it was done with the expectation a Leftist would be that director and issue Leftist edicts. This is why a Democrat Congress gleefully passed it.

People can't be shocked when the pendulum swings the other way, and now a new director with different political leanings will also be able to do as he/she wants without oversight. You created this Frankenstein's Monster, so suck it up, buttercups. You did it to yourselves. This is how it works, and if you thought your people would always be in charge, then you are fools with zero memory of how these things work. I have no sympathy. To paraphrase Patton, may Trump's new Director run the old guard down with his tanks, and lubricate the treads.with their guts.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2017, 07:35:29 pm »
My comment on Politico.  This ought to give them fits in the almost all-left comment section:

@Cyber Liberty

BRAVO Sir!  Well done indeed!  Wonder how long it will continue to exist there?
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2017, 07:40:04 pm »
@Cyber Liberty

BRAVO Sir!  Well done indeed!  Wonder how long it will continue to exist there?

Good question.  I get Notifications from Bookface I have replies, but I go to the article and I can't see them.   :shrug:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: