Author Topic: New York truck attack: Sayfullo Saipov pleads not guilty  (Read 737 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
New York truck attack: Sayfullo Saipov pleads not guilty
« on: November 29, 2017, 03:25:20 am »
New York truck attack: Sayfullo Saipov pleads not guilty
    New York truck attack

Image copyright ST CHARLES COUNTY POLICE DEPT
Image caption Sayfullo Saipov faces 22 murder and terrorism charges

A man accused of killing eight people and injuring 12 after driving a truck into pedestrians in New York in October has pleaded not guilty to charges of murder and terrorism.

Sayfullo Saipov, who arrived in the US from Uzbekistan in 2010, entered his plea at a federal court on Tuesday.

He faces 22 murder and terrorism charges, including providing material support to so-called Islamic State.

Continued at: http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-42161549

It really makes no sense how people can plead this way under such heinous charges.

Online mountaineer

Re: New York truck attack: Sayfullo Saipov pleads not guilty
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2023, 04:57:35 pm »
OVER 5 YEARS LATER ...
Trial Starts Jan 9 As DOJ Seeks Death Penalty on Saipov for West Side Attack Masks Required
By Matthew Russell Lee, Patreon

SDNY COURTHOUSE, Jan 6 - Sayfullo Saipov has been facing a trial that may result in the death penalty for killing eight people with a van along the West Side Highway.

On May 4, 2022 U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York Judge Vernon S. Broderick held a conference on the case and Inner City Press live tweet it here and below.  ...

Meanwhile, the Federal Defenders filed a letter complaining about the halal meals in the MDC - just peanut butter and jelly - and asking for FD to feed Saipov lunch during the trial.

On January 3, 2023, while the Federal Defenders motion for a prayer rug protocol was approved, individual voir dire continued, and Inner City Press was there, the only media in the courtroom ...
Inner City Press

Live tweeting:

https://twitter.com/innercitypress/status/1612466271823728641
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2023, 04:09:52 pm »
Car Jihadist Who Ran Over New Yorkers Pleads Guilty to Serving Allah
"He still believes it was Allah’s will that he do what he did".
January 10, 2023 by Daniel Greenfield 12 Comments

In 2019, Sayfullo Saipov as the Uzbek immigrant who ran over people in New York City near Ground Zero while shouting, “Allahu Akbar” was quite clear about his motive.

Speaking through an interpreter for about 10 minutes, Saipov said the decisions of a U.S. court were unimportant to him. He said he cared about “Allah” and the holy war being waged by the Islamic State…

“The orders issued here have nothing to do with me,” Saipov told Judge Vernon Broderick through an Uzbek interpreter. “I am following orders of Allah.”

https://www.frontpagemag.com/car-jihadist-who-ran-over-new-yorkers-pleads-guilty-to-serving-allah/
« Last Edit: January 10, 2023, 04:10:41 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2023, 04:11:34 pm »
In NY, that will probably get him a not guilty verdict. :yowsa:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline verga

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2023, 07:22:12 pm »
This is a crock of Shummer. New York does not have a death penalty. Sure they say they do, but the fact is the last execution was 60 years ago.
Crime is rampant and the libtards are not doing Jack about it.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2023, 06:06:21 pm »

Terror suspect accused of killing 8 people on NYC bike path still believes in ISIS, defense attorney says
By Lauren del Valle, Ray Sanchez and Eric Levenson, CNN
Updated 4:28 PM EST, Mon January 9, 2023
  —
Sayfullo Saipov, the man accused of using a rented truck to fatally strike eight people on a New York City bike path in 2017, became radicalized by watching ISIS videos online and still believes he had a religious obligation to carry out the attack, his court-appointed defense lawyer said in opening statements of his terrorism trial Monday.

“And as we sit here today, he still believes that, he still believes the ISIS messaging and he still believes it was God’s will that he do what he did,” Saipov’s attorney David Patton said.

Saipov has pleaded not guilty in federal court to 28 counts, including eight counts of murder, 18 counts of attempted murder and other terrorism charges in connection with the deadliest terror attack in New York since 9/11.

If convicted, he is eligible for the death penalty. The trial is the first federal death penalty case heard under President Joe Biden – who had previously pledged to eliminate the death penalty at the federal level.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/01/09/us/sayfullo-saipov-nyc-attack-trial/index.html
« Last Edit: January 12, 2023, 06:07:22 pm by rangerrebew »
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2023, 06:09:24 pm »
Followed by the feds for 3 years? :pondering:  Another crackerjack job of protecting Americans. :3:
Thomas Jefferson

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2023, 10:09:58 pm »
Still believes in ISIS? Fine march his terrorist @ss out in front of a wall and execute him, he should go happy knowing that he is on his way to martyrdom for allah. Heck you know what, why wait till the afterlife for those virgins he can get his send off from some.