Author Topic: Nancy Pelosi: Trump's 'empty chair photo opp' shows he's more interested in stunts than helping Amer  (Read 1827 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Nancy Pelosi: Trump's 'empty chair photo opp' shows he's more interested in stunts than helping Americans
by Naomi Lim | Nov 28, 2017, 5:27 PM

House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., slammed President Trump for political theatrics on Tuesday after he addressed the press while sitting between two empty chairs designated for her and Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer, D-N.Y.

"@realDonaldTrump now knows that his verbal abuse will no longer be tolerated," Pelosi wrote on Twitter. "His empty chair photo opp showed he’s more interested in stunts than in addressing the needs of the American people."

"Poor Ryan and McConnell relegated to props. Sad!" she continued, referring to House Speaker Paul Ryan, R-Wis., and Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, R-Ky., who did attend the meeting.

more
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/nancy-pelosi-trumps-empty-chair-photo-opp-shows-hes-more-interested-in-stunts-than-helping-americans/article/2641923
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Frank Cannon

Nancy is a stunts expert....

Online corbe

Hey Nan you're gonna have to get up a lot earlier to outwit him, he starts at 3:30 AM EST, usually by twitter.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline skeeter

Hey Nan you're gonna have to get up a lot earlier to outwit him, he starts at 3:30 AM EST, usually by twitter.

Heck. Nancy doesn't have her teeth in until 6.

Online Right_in_Virginia

I like this ... (flame away)

Online Right_in_Virginia

Nancy is a stunts expert....

This is the photo that still sticks in my craw ---

Online Right_in_Virginia

Here's the video .. (covers a lot more the Chuckie and Polusa ... but the empty chairs are there through it all  :laugh: )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5Ganq0cQ2Q

! No longer available

Silver Pines

It was actually a superior bit of trolling.

Offline skeeter

This is the photo that still sticks in my craw ---

Didn't they go straight into the chamber afterwards and make bogus claims about being subject to racist abuse from the TEA partiers they had just baited with their silly stunt?

Online corbe

Didn't they go straight into the chamber afterwards and make bogus claims about being subject to racist abuse from the TEA partiers they had just baited with their silly stunt?

Yes they were spit upon and called ni**ers, according to her and her minions.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online Right_in_Virginia

Sorry all I remember is throwing a shoe at the TV during this march.   :smokin:

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
I like this ... (flame away)

No.  It's quite symbolic and totally true.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Nancy Pelosi: Trump's 'empty chair photo opp' shows he's more interested in stunts than helping Americans
by Naomi Lim | Nov 28, 2017, 5:27 PM

House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., slammed President Trump for political theatrics on Tuesday after he addressed the press while sitting between two empty chairs designated for her and Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer, D-N.Y.

"@realDonaldTrump now knows that his verbal abuse will no longer be tolerated," Pelosi wrote on Twitter. "His empty chair photo opp showed he’s more interested in stunts than in addressing the needs of the American people."

"Poor Ryan and McConnell relegated to props. Sad!" she continued, referring to House Speaker Paul Ryan, R-Wis., and Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, R-Ky., who did attend the meeting.

more
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/nancy-pelosi-trumps-empty-chair-photo-opp-shows-hes-more-interested-in-stunts-than-helping-americans/article/2641923

Haha.  Those chairs would be more empty of she and Schumer were actually in them.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Online Right_in_Virginia

It's also a campaign ad in 2018  ^-^

@Emjay

Offline bilo

@Emjay

You're right.

It will be interesting to see if the govt. really shuts down. If so the Rats will have over played their hand. Essential services don't shut down so who's really going to care other than Rats. Pres. Trump may finally teach the establishment Pubs, what Sen Cruz tried to teach them, that a govt shut down will affect the Rats a whole lot more than the Pubs.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Online corbe

@Emjay

AND if @Concerned is correct and I believe he is @Right_in_Virginia it will be ineffective because he has done hardly anything to expand his BASE beyond the usual Trumpers, good luck with that.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

I was hoping he'd do this picture when I heard this morning they were going to stiff-arm him.  They're not winning this if their strategy is to refuse to negotiate.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Right_in_Virginia

AND if @Concerned is correct and I believe he is @Right_in_Virginia it will be ineffective because he has done hardly anything to expand his BASE beyond the usual Trumpers, good luck with that.

May I remind you @corbe  that you hadn't a clue about the support for Donald Trump, the candidate, in 2015 or 2016.  So if I were so inclined, I'd be putting good money on the bet you know even less about the President's support in 2018.

Just sayin'  88devil

Online corbe

May I remind you @corbe  that you hadn't a clue about the support for Donald Trump, the candidate, in 2015 or 2016.  So if I were so inclined, I'd be putting good money on the bet you know even less about the President's support in 2018.

Just sayin'  88devil

And I would not dispute your thoughts at all @Right_in_Virginia, in actuality none of us know for sure what Trump's impact on the midterms in 2018 will be, so far off.
  2020 is just a small blip on the radar that no one seems to care about except us Briefers that like to discuss this $hit.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
   And I would not dispute your thoughts at all @Right_in_Virginia, in actuality none of us know for sure what Trump's impact on the midterms in 2018 will be, so far off.
  2020 is just a small blip on the radar that no one seems to care about except us Briefers that like to discuss this $hit.

You're correct, in the sense that Trump doesn't seem to be building his base.  However, when you watch what's been going on, his enemies in the Democrat Party have been doing the job for him.  Their shenanigans since the Election have been slowly but surely driving people into his camp.  Now, if he and his "followers" can succeed in not driving them back out he's home free in 2020.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Online Right_in_Virginia

Trump ‘Not Surprised’ Dems Did Not Show for Meeting
CNS News, Nov 28, 2017, Melanie Arter

CNSNews.com) - President Donald Trump said Tuesday that he was not surprised that House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) and Sen. Chuck Schumer (D-N.Y.) did not show for their planned meeting and accused them of being weak on crime and immigration.

“Chuck Schumer and Nancy Pelosi did not show up for our meeting today. I'm not really that surprised. We have a lot of differences. They're weak on crime, they're weak on illegal immigration,” the president said during a meeting with GOP congressional leadership.

“They want the illegal folks to come pouring into our border and a lot of problems are being caused, although we've stopped it to a large extent as much as you can without the law, which we're going to get,” Trump said.

Read more: https://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/melanie-arter/trump-not-surprised-dems-did-not-show-meeting

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

I don't think he even wanted them to show.  He goaded them into stiff-arming him, and they played right into his hands, leaving Pelousy stammering about his making the empty chairs into a "photo op."
I will NOT comply.

Online corbe

You're correct, in the sense that Trump doesn't seem to be building his base.  However, when you watch what's been going on, his enemies in the Democrat Party have been doing the job for him.  Their shenanigans since the Election have been slowly but surely driving people into his camp.  Now, if he and his "followers" can succeed in not driving them back out he's home free in 2020.

Very good point @Cyber Liberty
   Fortunately for the GOP at this point, politically, the dem base is not growing either, just getting more rabid, by the minute, Thank You President Trump, no sarcasm intended.
   I seriously doubt the dems will allow hellary to run again, their new nominee may energize their base, erasing the Sanders dilution and consolidating the black vote and Trump has not done much, IMHO, to endear the Conservatives to his cause and he will need us for his re election, if this comes to pass.   It's way to early.

Online Right_in_Virginia

I don't think he even wanted them to show.  He goaded them into stiff-arming him, and they played right into his hands, leaving Pelousy stammering about his making the empty chairs into a "photo op."

The more I think about it @Cyber Liberty the more I think you're right. 

Also on the plus side, from the reporting I've heard it sounded like a good Republican group meeting.  The adjective the President used was "camaraderie".   ^-^

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
   Very good point @Cyber Liberty
   Fortunately for the GOP at this point, politically, the dem base is not growing either, just getting more rabid, by the minute, Thank You President Trump, no sarcasm intended.
   I seriously doubt the dems will allow hellary to run again, their new nominee may energize their base, erasing the Sanders dilution and consolidating the black vote and Trump has not done much, IMHO, to endear the Conservatives to his cause and he will need us for his re election, if this comes to pass.   It's way to early.

Indeed it is way too early.  There are many events to unfold on the ground between now and then.  What if KimDone Stupid actually nukes somebody or there's some other huge world event?  All bets and prognostication will go out the window.
I will NOT comply.