Author Topic: Trump responds to North Korea missile launch: 'We will take care of it'  (Read 680 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump responds to North Korea missile launch: 'We will take care of it'
by Gabby Morrongiello | Nov 28, 2017, 4:00 PM

President Trump on Tuesday vowed to respond swiftly to North Korea's latest missile launch, yet provided no details on whether his administration will take military action against the regime.

"As you probably have heard and some of you have reported, a missile was launched a little while ago from North Korea," Trump told reporters at the White House hours after Pyongyang launched an intercontinental ballistic missile on Tuesday, following a more than two-month pause in missile tests. "I will only tell you that we will take care of it. We have [Defense Secretary Jim] Mattis in the room with us, and we've had a long discussion on it."

Trump was briefed on the missile launch while visiting Senate Republicans on Capitol Hill.

more
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/trump-responds-to-north-korea-missile-launch-we-will-take-care-of-it/article/2641908
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online libertybele

Re: Trump responds to North Korea missile launch: 'We will take care of it'
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2017, 01:06:37 am »
So ... what's next?  Obviously sanctions haven't worked and meanwhile the fat little Pillsbury dough boy is getting dangerously closer.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Oceander

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2017, 01:48:30 am »
I’m not holding my breath.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2017, 02:44:59 am »
Well, he said this in July.......

"We'll handle North Korea. ... It will be handled. We handle everything," Trump told reporters.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2017, 02:52:58 am »
What's he suppose to say? "Well, folks, there's nothing we can do?"

Offline edpc

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2017, 03:16:14 am »
What's he suppose to say? "Well, folks, there's nothing we can do?"

That would be more credible.  Remember this?

Well, he's wrong, because.........

« Last Edit: November 30, 2017, 03:16:52 am by edpc »

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2017, 03:45:00 am »

That would be more credible.  Remember this?

Well, he's wrong, because.........

It's still in those final stages...well, most people I don't think want to see NK turned into a crater yet. This is certainly about the toughest task a president has handled for a while.

Even John Bolton said it's largely the fault of the attitude of the last 3 presidents.

Offline edpc

« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2017, 04:03:26 am »
It's still in those final stages...well, most people I don't think want to see NK turned into a crater yet. This is certainly about the toughest task a president has handled for a while.

Even John Bolton said it's largely the fault of the attitude of the last 3 presidents.

Mostly Clinton for providing the ability to produce fissile materials to NK and giving their Iranian collaborators a warhead design.  Partially Bush, because he lost the credibility to confront them as a part of the Axis of Evil with his mishandling of Iraq.  I never had any expectations from Zero.

Unless some sort of coup happens, this will only end in conflict.  If the Chinese want to keep control of the situation, they'd be smart to take care of this clown and install their own puppet regime.

Otherwise, they can expect a flood of refugees at their border, with coalition forces not far behind.

Online libertybele

« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2017, 06:21:15 pm »
Mostly Clinton for providing the ability to produce fissile materials to NK and giving their Iranian collaborators a warhead design.  Partially Bush, because he lost the credibility to confront them as a part of the Axis of Evil with his mishandling of Iraq.  I never had any expectations from Zero.

Unless some sort of coup happens, this will only end in conflict.  If the Chinese want to keep control of the situation, they'd be smart to take care of this clown and install their own puppet regime.

Otherwise, they can expect a flood of refugees at their border, with coalition forces not far behind.

At this point, it really doesn't matter who's to blame for the situation with N. Korea, what matters is how they are being dealt with now.  They now have capabilities to hit the U.S.; I have no doubt that the Fat One in N. Korea will strike us if we continue to allow him to run amok as he wants to be seen as a force to be reckoned with.  What are we doing to prevent that strike?  Secondly if he does strike us, who's going to retaliate on our behalf with China still in play? 
« Last Edit: November 30, 2017, 06:23:14 pm by libertybele »

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline edpc

« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2017, 06:25:53 pm »
At this point, it really doesn't matter who's to blame for the situation with N. Korea...

I disagree, since the method by which they achieved nuclear material is important in dealing with those with similar ambitions.

Online libertybele

« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2017, 06:33:58 pm »
I disagree, since the method by which they achieved nuclear material is important in dealing with those with similar ambitions.

Ok, they've got the materials needed.  Now ... what is our next step to ensure that they don't launch at the U.S.?  Sanctions haven't worked in the past and they're not working now and certainly aren't going to work in the future ... how they achieved the materials needed is irrelevant; they've already acquired what they need to launch a strike ... what are we doing to prevent them from striking?  China really hasn't budged a whole lot to pitch in and help, so putting pressure on them  isn't a viable option; the way I see it the threat of having to deal with China is what's protecting N. Korea. 

Offline edpc

« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2017, 06:40:11 pm »
Ok, they've got the materials needed.  Now ... what is our next step to ensure that they don't launch at the U.S.?  Sanctions haven't worked in the past and they're not working now and certainly aren't going to work in the future ... how they achieved the materials needed is irrelevant; they've already acquired what they need to launch a strike ... what are we doing to prevent them from striking?  China really hasn't budged a whole lot to pitch in and help, so putting pressure on them  isn't a viable option; the way I see it the threat of having to deal with China is what's protecting N. Korea.

I believe you're entirely missing my point.  Clinton, on our behalf, agreed to assist NK with their nuclear power program and provided them with the capability to produce weapons.  Iran is on the same path, because the previous admins decided assisting another rogue regime with nuclear ambitions was a good idea.  Seeing the trend?  How we got here matters a great deal, so we don't keep doing the same dumb things.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2017, 06:41:45 pm by edpc »