Author Topic: Obama to meet with world leaders  (Read 826 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Obama to meet with world leaders
« on: November 28, 2017, 05:12:59 pm »
Obama to meet with world leaders
By Mallory Shelbourne - 11/28/17 09:06 AM EST

Former President Barack Obama will meet with Chinese President Xi Jinping and Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi in an upcoming trip abroad.

Obama will visit China and India before making a stop in Paris, according to a spokesperson for the former president. Obama will speak at various summits in the three countries he visits.

The Times of India last week reported that Obama would be in India’s capital city of New Delhi on Dec. 1 for an Obama Foundation event, which the spokesperson confirmed in a statement.

more
http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/362090-obama-to-meet-with-world-leaders
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Re: Obama to meet with world leaders
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2017, 05:43:54 pm »
I'm starting to believe he really still thinks he's President.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2017, 08:43:20 pm »
I'm starting to believe he really still thinks he's President.

So do most "world leaders".

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2017, 10:13:56 pm »
Is this on par with the guys now pegged with meeting with Russians?

No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Snarknado

• Anti
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2017, 12:34:56 am »
It's gotta be hard for him to see the loser Clinton getting the kind of attention he thinks he deserves. I doubt if reading a few words off a teleprompter and taking a few selfies will turn things around for him, but that's about the extent of his bag of tricks...
---
Everything I need to know I learned in GTA

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2017, 01:53:11 am »
Didn't know Barky was an REM fan.

This is my world,and I am the World Leader Pretend
This is my life, and this is my time
I have been given the freedom to do as I see fit
It's high time I razed the walls that I've constructed
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline RetBobbyMI

« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2017, 02:28:00 am »
Someone should check to see if he is properly registered, then hang him.  They're going after Mike Flynn for the same thing.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline SkyKing

« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2017, 03:29:54 pm »
International community organizer at work.
Haven't these countries heard that he isn't President still(never was much of one)?

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2017, 03:45:40 pm »
Obama is no longer employed by the government; he can go where he wants and do what he wants; he did not die after his presidency.  He isn't going to sit home and knit the rest of his life.  He has a foundation just like Bush has a foundation and Bush traveled around the world, too, using his foundation for good.  This Obama trip is about his foundation.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2017, 03:51:34 pm »
Obama is no longer employed by the government; he can go where he wants and do what he wants; he did not die after his presidency.  He isn't going to sit home and knit the rest of his life.  He has a foundation just like Bush has a foundation and Bush traveled around the world, too, using his foundation for good.  This Obama trip is about his foundation.

Clinton has a foundation, too.

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2017, 04:11:30 pm »
Clinton has a foundation, too.
@skeeter

I think the Clinton's dissolved their foundation after she lost the election.  Will have to look that up to be sure.

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2017, 04:22:02 pm »
@skeeter

"The Clinton Global Initiative, which is an initiative of the Clinton Foundation, is expected to cease operations on April 15, 2017 — according to a noticed filed with the New York State Department of Labor. The notice, which is dated January 12, also announced the termination of 22 employees within The Clinton Global Initiative."

Offline aligncare

« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2017, 04:47:13 pm »

Obama will be meeting with China’s President Xi Jinping. Trump was welcomed in the official China state reception less than two weeks ago.

So what the heck is the X-president (and X-opposition party leader) Obama, doing coming in behind the current president? Does Obama have plans to undermine President Trump? Maybe sway Jinping in some way?

This is unseemly, and likely unprecedented, for a former president to meddle in a current security situation (China’s client state, North Korea’s saber rattling with nuclear weapons).

Offline skeeter

« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2017, 06:08:22 pm »
Obama will be meeting with China’s President Xi Jinping. Trump was welcomed in the official China state reception less than two weeks ago.

So what the heck is the X-president (and X-opposition party leader) Obama, doing coming in behind the current president? Does Obama have plans to undermine President Trump? Maybe sway Jinping in some way?

This is unseemly, and likely unprecedented, for a former president to meddle in a current security situation (China’s client state, North Korea’s saber rattling with nuclear weapons).

I smell collusion.

Offline RetBobbyMI

« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2017, 07:13:27 pm »
I smell collusion.
Maybe he is trying to get (or should I say "organize") chicom meddling in the next election cycle?  SARC
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline libertybele

« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2017, 12:13:59 am »
I smell collusion.

...and perhaps treason.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.