Author Topic: Why It’s Justified To Vote For A Morally Questionable Politician  (Read 11682 times)

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Why It’s Justified To Vote For A Morally Questionable Politician
« Reply #50 on: November 29, 2017, 01:59:12 am »
I believe it was Thomas Sowell who wrote that there is no "right wing", simply a collection of groups whose values are contrary to the left wing.

He's a brilliant man and is dead on right again.  "Our" side is the only one on which any real debate occurs.  The left has been in complete lockstep for a long time now and many of those who publicly claim to be on "our" side are, in truth, anything but!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Silver Pines

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #53 on: November 29, 2017, 02:29:32 am »
I've said it numerous times in this forum, and I'll state it again:
If I had to choose, I'd prefer a morally corrupt politician who will leave me and the rest of the citizenry alone to the squeaky-clean "honest" one who will try to impose upon me (or the country).

We -had- a corrupt governor here in Connecticut not that long ago (Rowland), who eventually went to prison for taking bribes.
BUT... while he was in office... he didn't raise my taxes, didn't try to pass any laws that restricted my freedoms (such as the gun restriction law that later got passed by the democrat-communists), and the like.

Of course, if a politician does exhibit good character as well as doing the right thing, that's a plus.

But all that talk about "character" and "morals" -- well, that and $2.01 buys a medium-sized coffee at the local Dunkin' -- and you still have to request the senior discount to get that price.

So I could care less if a President Trump tweets too much, or what have you.
What matters to me is what he DOES in office.
And so far, he's done just about everything right, to my mind.

I understand the sentiment; I've from time to time exercised my vote along similar lines.   

But I see the teenybopper accusations as a means to an end.   Roy Moore should not be a Senator for far more fundamental deficiencies of character.   He's been adjudicated dishonest and unfit to serve twice by the State of Alabama.  It is a serious thing, a dangerous thing, to be a rogue judge.   

I don't give a damn at this point that his defeat will usher in a Democrat.  He will be of no practical use to the Republican coalition, he is a broken arrow,  and the Dems will use him as a symbol for conservative moral turpitude. 

I don't want to be associated in any way, shape or form with the lawless Roy Moore.    I am not proud to call for voting against party, but it is a necessary duty at this point in the course of human events. 
« Last Edit: November 29, 2017, 02:32:04 am by Jazzhead »
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Silver Pines

« Reply #54 on: November 29, 2017, 02:50:06 am »
Yes, he did.

@EasyAce

He makes the point that yes, God does use corrupt men.  But He’s omniscient.  He knows who He wants to use; we do not.  And He doesn’t need our votes to do it.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #55 on: November 29, 2017, 02:52:15 am »
Why war in Iraq is right for America
Ben Shapiro
Posted: Aug 10, 2005 12:00 AM

https://townhall.com/columnists/benshapiro/2005/08/10/why-war-in-iraq-is-right-for-america-n1216871

There are different dimensions of morality, I'll be darned if I'll take Ben's word as gospel.

Debunked or rebutted, oh sure.

And for the record, if I were in Alabama, I know my one single vote wouldn't matter much and I'd be looking to write in someone's name.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2017, 02:52:57 am by TomSea »

Silver Pines

« Reply #56 on: November 29, 2017, 03:04:01 am »
Who get's to determine who is or is not "morally questionable?

@Bigun

It’s amazing to see those words coming from conservatives.  Formerly,  the left was the party of “who decides right and wrong”/ moral relativism.

We really have become what we hate.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #57 on: November 29, 2017, 03:05:11 am »
But I see the teenybopper accusations as a means to an end.   Roy Moore should not be a Senator for far more fundamental deficiencies of character.   He's been adjudicated dishonest and unfit to serve twice by the State of Alabama.  It is a serious thing, a dangerous thing, to be a rogue judge.   

Ah, there it is.  After dozens of threads, hundreds and hundred of posts and many thousands of words, you finally, finally come clean about your true intentions.  That it will install a Democrat is the delicious icing on the cake!

Thanks for finally clearing that up for us all tonight.  You are identical to Moore's most stalwart supporters:  You don't give a rip if the man is guilty of what he's accused of or not.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Silver Pines

« Reply #58 on: November 29, 2017, 03:06:33 am »
There are different dimensions of morality, I'll be darned if I'll take Ben's word as gospel.

Debunked or rebutted, oh sure.

And for the record, if I were in Alabama, I know my one single vote wouldn't matter much and I'd be looking to write in someone's name.

@TomSea

Trump supported the Iraq war, too. 

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #59 on: November 29, 2017, 03:09:11 am »
Ah, there it is.  After dozens of threads, hundreds and hundred of posts and many thousands of words, you finally, finally come clean about your true intentions.  That it will install a Democrat is the delicious icing on the cake!

Thanks for finally clearing that up for us all tonight.  You are identical to Moore's most stalwart supporters:  You don't give a rip if the man is guilty of what he's accused of or not.

I recognized him for hat he is long ago.  He has never voted fo anything other than a democrat in his life.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
« Reply #60 on: November 29, 2017, 03:12:48 am »
@EasyAce

He makes the point that yes, God does use corrupt men.  But He’s omniscient.  He knows who He wants to use; we do not.  And He doesn’t need our votes to do it.
@CatherineofAragon
I'm still convinced that what God had to say if anything about last year's presidential election
was: Sorry, kids, but I'm sitting it out. You know, the way I usually do. I learned My lesson
about getting mixed up in politics with King Saul. You have a national house on fire and you
want nothing but a choice between two arsonists to put it out, that's your choice. I got out of
the arson business after Sodom and Gomorrah. Stop snarling, Mrs. O'Leary. And there's no
need to incinerate a nice country like the United States. But I guess My children still have to
learn the hard way. And when you do, I'll be here to pick up the pieces when you need Me to
be there. I always am. And I always will be.

Right now I can't help thinking He must be thinking, I give My children two nice little miracles
in back-to-back World Series and
this is the thanks I get? Maybe I ought to give those nice
young kids in the Yankee uniforms a break next year . . .

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #61 on: November 29, 2017, 03:17:28 am »

I've been open about my motivations from the start, gentle sir.     The teenybopper stuff isn't why I oppose Moore.  It's because he's lawless, a rogue judge. 

The charges against Moore are substantial,  numerous, on the record, corroborated and presented by a respected news organization, whether you agree with that assessment or not.  Are they his disqualifying moral deficiency?   For many, and reasonably, yes.  But for me, his failings are more fundamental to the office he seeks - he has violated the oath of trust he took as a public servant.   

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #62 on: November 29, 2017, 03:21:28 am »
No you weren't open @Jazzhead.  You lied about this over and over, just to get the buy-in from people who don't see your technique of misdirection.  Just as you do with guns and any other liberal position you take.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #63 on: November 29, 2017, 03:23:17 am »
I recognized him for hat he is long ago.  He has never voted fo anything other than a democrat in his life.

You knew it.  I knew it, and others did too.  But he sucks in people who haven't learned yet, good little Alinsky that he is.  December 13th, they'll all wake up with fleas.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #64 on: November 29, 2017, 03:23:32 am »
@CatherineofAragon
I'm still convinced that what God had to say if anything about last year's presidential election
was: Sorry, kids, but I'm sitting it out. You know, the way I usually do. I learned My lesson
about getting mixed up in politics with King Saul. You have a national house on fire and you
want nothing but a choice between two arsonists to put it out, that's your choice. I got out of
the arson business after Sodom and Gomorrah. Stop snarling, Mrs. O'Leary. And there's no
need to incinerate a nice country like the United States. But I guess My children still have to
learn the hard way. And when you do, I'll be here to pick up the pieces when you need Me to
be there. I always am. And I always will be.

Right now I can't help thinking He must be thinking, I give My children two nice little miracles
in back-to-back World Series and
this is the thanks I get? Maybe I ought to give those nice
young kids in the Yankee uniforms a break next year . . .

A needed insight - when God has traditionally wanted to convey His wrath regarding the world, He has made the Yankees successful.   The last century was without precedent in human suffering, and Yankees World Series titles.   

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #65 on: November 29, 2017, 03:24:20 am »

The Piece De Resistance was the statement that underlies absolutely every single thing that Jazzy works to achieve:

I don't give a damn at this point that his defeat will usher in a Democrat.

Because time and again, he has demonstrated that the true enemy he hates and wants to see punished, enslaved, tyrannized and subjugated to his Leftist Masters - is you and me.

Christian Conservatives who don't practice groveling under the whip of judicial decrees and mob rule.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2017, 03:26:42 am by INVAR »
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #66 on: November 29, 2017, 03:26:34 am »
We really have become what we hate.

We've become brussel sprouts? You have gone off the deep end. Get your shit together man.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #67 on: November 29, 2017, 03:27:29 am »
Now the world will know, when you say things like this:

The charges against Moore are substantial,  numerous, on the record, corroborated and presented by a respected news organization, whether you agree with that assessment or not.  Are they his disqualifying moral deficiency?   For many, and reasonably, yes.  But for me, his failings are more fundamental to the office he seeks - he has violated the oath of trust he took as a public servant.   

You are, to put it kindly, mischaracterizing your true opinion of the man.  To be a little less kind, you lied.  And you just demonstrated in the quote I just posted that you will continue to do so, even when exposed.  As they say, once you lie, you have to hold to that lie even when exposed.  Have some sunshine, Sunshine.
I will NOT comply.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #68 on: November 29, 2017, 03:28:02 am »
We've become brussel sprouts? You have gone off the deep end. Get your shit together man.

I am bitter and smell like cabbage.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #69 on: November 29, 2017, 03:30:14 am »
I am bitter and smell like cabbage.

Well then. I send an apology to @CatherineofAragon for jumping the gun. She was right.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #70 on: November 29, 2017, 03:30:33 am »
The Piece De Resistance was the statement that underlies absolutely every single thing that Jazzy works to achieve:

Because time and again, he has demonstrated that the true enemy he hates and wants to see punished, enslaved, tyrannized and subjugated to his Leftist Masters - is you and me.

Christian Conservatives who don't practice groveling under the whip of judicial decrees and mob rule.

Have one, if you are so inclined.  I'd say we earned this one. 

:beer:
I will NOT comply.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #71 on: November 29, 2017, 03:31:47 am »
You knew it.  I knew it, and others did too.  But he sucks in people who haven't learned yet, good little Alinsky that he is.

And to think I figured I was just another Northeastern Republican.  Do folks like me really appear so alien to you?   What's your beef with something so basic to traditional conservatism as the rule of law?     

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #72 on: November 29, 2017, 03:33:48 am »

I used to hate those, until I discovered how much I love Cabbage.
I will NOT comply.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #73 on: November 29, 2017, 03:35:18 am »
Because in the other column, Pat Buchanan made a case, I might be swayed because while Pat certainly isn't perfect, I do respect him.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #74 on: November 29, 2017, 03:36:48 am »
Now the world will know, when you say things like this:

You are, to put it kindly, mischaracterizing your true opinion of the man.  To be a little less kind, you lied. 

Lied about what?  Have you lost your mind?  When have I conveyed anything other than that he is IMO unfit for the Senate? 

Care to stop obsessing about the personal and comment on the substance of my post?

« Last Edit: November 29, 2017, 03:39:25 am by Jazzhead »