Author Topic: Trump calls Warren 'Pocahontas' at event honoring Native American veterans  (Read 13516 times)

Silver Pines

Re: Trump calls Warren 'Pocahontas' at event honoring Native American veterans
« Reply #25 on: November 27, 2017, 11:39:34 pm »
It is called projection, and Trump masterfully is in her head.

She is a lame brain for trying to catch up with him.

"Masterfully"   :laugh:

So who was he talking about, if not Warren?

@IsailedawayfromFR

Silver Pines

Offline Fantom

« Reply #27 on: November 28, 2017, 12:19:48 am »
Maybe they should have had it in the room with pictures from the Jamestown colony?

Right!   888high58888  I am an American,my People founded and built this country. You want to be a racist tribe..go for it. You are NOT my People.

I am fine with Andrew Jackson and the Indian Removal act. The Indian was far from noble. To much for a short post, but they should be thankful it was Christians who came here.
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline Fantom

« Reply #28 on: November 28, 2017, 12:22:32 am »
It almost feels to me like we have 6 year old as President. I hate the childish name calling. It belittles the office IMO.  His base may like it, but I don’t think it’s increasing the 46.1% of the vote he got last time.  Sadly, I just don’t think he can help himself.

What does Trump have to increase? Seems 300 electoral votes Be enough...Arrrggh.  :rolling:
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline Fantom

« Reply #29 on: November 28, 2017, 12:23:14 am »

@IsailedawayfromFR

He should be calling the fraud...Liawatha.

Frederick Douglass

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #30 on: November 28, 2017, 12:28:13 am »

What does Trump have to increase? Seems 300 electoral votes Be enough...Arrrggh.  :rolling:

Past results are not a predictor of future performance.  You have to consider the MOV in key states, the number of people who voted third party, and low turnout among certain demographics. 

Plus, any number of things can occur between now and then - both good and bad.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Fantom

« Reply #31 on: November 28, 2017, 12:31:00 am »
Past results are not a predictor of future performance.  You have to consider the MOV in key states, the number of people who voted third party, and low turnout among certain demographics. 

Plus, any number of things can occur between now and then - both good and bad.

Yep, an asteroid could hit the earth.

Point still rests. 300 EV.  BTW, Trump has gained my full s'port. I am happy ..actually ecstatic so far. So there is THAT.   :laugh:

Frederick Douglass

Silver Pines

« Reply #32 on: November 28, 2017, 12:42:15 am »

Complete moron.   But for some reason that D@mned fool just keeps winning!

@DiogenesLamp

I thought it was about the country "winning", not some individual.

No wall, no tax cuts, Planned Parenthood still being funded, Obamacare still with us...

Offline Concerned

« Reply #33 on: November 28, 2017, 12:44:21 am »

I think there's a lot of Trump hatred out there.  As a result, I think the Dems will be very motivated in 2020.  Further, I think Trump beat an incredibly flawed candidate in Hillary Clinton -- in fact, she might have been the only candidate he could have beaten and he only got 46.1% of the vote despite how horrible she was as a candidate.  I just think he'll have to increase beyond his base to reach 270 electoral votes in 2020.  JMO because.......

I think things fell extremely right for Trump in 2016.  Michigan, Wisconsin and Pennsylvania account for 46 electoral votes. This election was effectively decided by 107,000 people in these three states. Trump won the popular vote there by that combined amount. That amounts to 0.09 percent of all votes cast in this election.  If Clinton had won these states, she could have sealed the presidency with 274 total electoral votes.

I expect the next Democratic candidate will be better than Hillary, probably much better.  I think he needs to expand his base yet I've seen virtually nothing that he's done to increase his base.  I have it at 3-1 that he won't serve a second term.  Not surprisingly, I've found no one who wants to take the other side.

I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

Offline Fantom

« Reply #34 on: November 28, 2017, 12:59:12 am »
I think there's a lot of Trump hatred out there.  As a result, I think the Dems will be very motivated in 2020.  Further, I think Trump beat an incredibly flawed candidate in Hillary Clinton -- in fact, she might have been the only candidate he could have beaten and he only got 46.1% of the vote despite how horrible she was as a candidate.  I just think he'll have to increase beyond his base to reach 270 electoral votes in 2020.  JMO because.......

I think things fell extremely right for Trump in 2016.  Michigan, Wisconsin and Pennsylvania account for 46 electoral votes. This election was effectively decided by 107,000 people in these three states. Trump won the popular vote there by that combined amount. That amounts to 0.09 percent of all votes cast in this election.  If Clinton had won these states, she could have sealed the presidency with 274 total electoral votes.

I expect the next Democratic candidate will be better than Hillary, probably much better.  I think he needs to expand his base yet I've seen virtually nothing that he's done to increase his base.  I have it at 3-1 that he won't serve a second term.  Not surprisingly, I've found no one who wants to take the other side.

The Trump hatred is democrats/regressives...they will always hate on. Conservative Cruz voters , like me, were worried 'Bout electing a democrat/liberal.... so far so good , Trump is picking us up.

Seems that the economy is where it will be. That is why this tax cut must be...now ..not set off until 2018 for the corporate 20% cut.

Democrat/regresives are in disarray. Without the black vote they will fail in 2020. Trump has some solid outreach there, bring jobs. Unless democrats run another black, not likely they are going to improve here.

If the gope will quit running defense for the democrat/regressive/left..... President Trump is a shoe-in in 2020.

Just the way this Simple Bricklayer sees it.

Frederick Douglass

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #35 on: November 28, 2017, 01:03:08 am »
Bullshit.  He's called Warren "Pocahontas" in the past, it is reasonable for her to think he is again referring to her.  And, Sarah Sanders saying “What most people find offensive is Senator Warren lying about her heritage to advance her career." is proof enough for me that Trump was indeed talking about her.
Seems he is also in your head as well.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #36 on: November 28, 2017, 01:05:49 am »

@IsailedawayfromFR
That's the beauty of it.

He does not call her any names, does not refer to her by name, says others are saying things.

Yet everyone knows who Pocahontas is.  He is in her head bigtime.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Concerned

« Reply #37 on: November 28, 2017, 01:06:29 am »
The Trump hatred is democrats/regressives...they will always hate on. Conservative Cruz voters , like me, were worried 'Bout electing a democrat/liberal.... so far so good , Trump is picking us up.

Seems that the economy is where it will be. That is why this tax cut must be...now ..not set off until 2018 for the corporate 20% cut.

Democrat/regresives are in disarray. Without the black vote they will fail in 2020. Trump has some solid outreach there, bring jobs. Unless democrats run another black, not likely they are going to improve here.

If the gope will quit running defense for the democrat/regressive/left..... President Trump is a shoe-in in 2020.

Just the way this Simple Bricklayer sees it.

Looking at the data that I'm seeing, Trump only got 46.1% of the vote against an incredibly flawed candidate.  He ran the table on key toss-up states by a razor-thin margin.  His approval ratings are in the mid-30's.  He's doing little to nothing to expand beyond his base yet somehow you've concluded Trump is picking up Conservative/Cruz voters and is a "shoe-in in 2020" if the GOP quits running defense for the Dems.  I'd love to know what data/evidence you have to support your assertions (beyond anecdotes of course).

Offline Fantom

« Reply #38 on: November 28, 2017, 01:10:54 am »
Looking at the data that I'm seeing, Trump only got 46.1% of the vote against an incredibly flawed candidate.  He ran the table on key toss-up states by a razor-thin margin.  His approval ratings are in the mid-30's.  He's doing little to nothing to expand beyond his base yet somehow you've concluded Trump is picking up Conservative/Cruz voters and is a "shoe-in in 2020" if the GOP quits running defense for the Dems.  I'd love to know what data/evidence you have to support your assertions (beyond anecdotes of course).

You mean like your non- anecdote of an "incredibly flawed candidate"...Please. You have your opinion.. I have mine. Live it ,love it ..I do not care.

I have 300 EV as data/evidence...  :shrug: When a bush could not ever do better.

Frederick Douglass

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #39 on: November 28, 2017, 01:15:56 am »
Sarah Sanders Asked If Trump’s Pocahontas Comment Is Offensive. Her Response Set The Room On Fire
Daily Caller, Nov 27, 2017, Benny Johnson

<snip>

At Monday’s White House press briefing, White House Press Secretary Sarah Sanders was asked by a reporter why Trump felt the need to say something that is “offensive to many people ” at the ceremony. Sanders bluntly responded, “I think what most people find offensive is Senator Warren lying about her heritage to advance her career.”

More with full video:  http://dailycaller.com/2017/11/27/sarah-sanders-asked-if-trumps-pocahontas-comment-is-offensive-her-response-set-the-room-on-fire/

Offline Concerned

« Reply #40 on: November 28, 2017, 01:24:21 am »
You mean like your non- anecdote of an "incredibly flawed candidate"...Please. You have your opinion.. I have mine. Live it ,love it ..I do not care.

I have 300 EV as data/evidence...  :shrug: When a bush could not ever do better.

I explained the data/evidence I was using as to why I thought the 300 EV was a concern in 2020.  I referenced his approval ratings, his results in 3 key states, his loss in the popular vote, and the fact that I've seen little attempt to appeal beyond his base.  I simply asked for the data and evidence you had for your assertions that Trump is picking up Conservative/Cruz voters and is a "shoe-in in 2020" if the GOP quits running defense for the Dems. If it's just your opinion ( or your guess or your hope or your wish), fair enough.  If you have actual data/evidence, I'd love to see it because I haven't seen it.  Unfortunately, many times when I ask for data/evidence, it can't be produced yet folks want to argue with me about their opinions.  I'd prefer to discuss data/evidence because I know I'm unlikely to change someone's opinion.  Unfortunately, many don't want to discuss/provide actual evidence/data.  I find that rather sad.  JMO.

Silver Pines

« Reply #41 on: November 28, 2017, 01:29:31 am »
Seems he is also in your head as well.

@IsailedawayfromFR

Confronting simple facts with "Trump's in your head!" is not an argument. 

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #42 on: November 28, 2017, 01:29:37 am »
And?   Warren is a liar who doesnt deserve any respect.

Sarah Huckabee just answered a question about that at the press attack.  She pointed out that Warren made an untrue claim for political reasons and wondered why the press was not interested in that aspect of the story.  She's good.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Silver Pines

« Reply #43 on: November 28, 2017, 01:31:59 am »
That's the beauty of it.

He does not call her any names, does not refer to her by name, says others are saying things.

Yet everyone knows who Pocahontas is.  He is in her head bigtime.

@IsailedawayfromFR

Yes, everyone knows, so why are you pretending like it was some brilliant feint?  It's pretty clear and straightforward, like you said. 

Trump is in a lot of heads.  Well, he's a chubster, so I guess there's a lot of him to go around.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #44 on: November 28, 2017, 01:33:46 am »
He can't help himself...he's a 71 YO leopard that can't change his stripes. He wouldn't anyway, because his loyal Orange Brigadiers just lap it up!

You make no friends for whatever your cause is by saying things like 'loyal Orange Brigadiers just lap it up."

You are demeaning half of the people on this board, many of whom are probably smarter than you.

Actually, I wish he hadn't brought it up at that particular gathering but I'm not gonna go crazy about it.  It was a Trumpism and some of them hit the mark.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #45 on: November 28, 2017, 01:36:24 am »
Right!   888high58888  I am an American,my People founded and built this country. You want to be a racist tribe..go for it. You are NOT my People.

I am fine with Andrew Jackson and the Indian Removal act. The Indian was far from noble. To much for a short post, but they should be thankful it was Christians who came here.

Well, we all know the 'noble savage' thing was a complete myth and we all know that some unfair things happened but, for gosh sake, do we have to fight the Indian wars and the Confederate war all over again.

Offline Fantom

« Reply #46 on: November 28, 2017, 01:40:20 am »
Well, we all know the 'noble savage' thing was a complete myth and we all know that some unfair things happened but, for gosh sake, do we have to fight the Indian wars and the Confederate war all over again.

Would seem to be the AIM of it.

Frederick Douglass

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #47 on: November 28, 2017, 01:43:11 am »

You are more optimistic than the dems are.  They have absolutely no good candidate.  Hillary would jump at the chance but I think even the dems are too smart to put her out there again.

Then we have the old commie, Bernie, who will be about 100 and we have 'handsy' Biden.

Or they could go with an unknown rising star like .... well ... thinking, thinking.

As for Trump running again, when he first won, I thought he would hate the job, hate the pressure, hate having to live in the White House and work every day.

But, I was wrong.  He's risen to every occasion and in spite of all the unfair press and attacks from unworthy people, he retains enthusiasm and Insouciance.

You may hate him, he may embarrass you but, hey, I think he will run again and win. 

Offline libertybele

« Reply #48 on: November 28, 2017, 01:43:32 am »

IF he gets his tax plan through and IF he repeals Bammycare and IF he get that wall built and IF he brings back jobs,  I don't think he has anything to worry about.  IF he doesn't he has a lot to worry about, as those are the issues that he campaigned on.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #49 on: November 28, 2017, 01:44:07 am »
You make no friends for whatever your cause is by saying things like 'loyal Orange Brigadiers just lap it up."

You are demeaning half of the people on this board, many of whom are probably smarter than you.

Actually, I wish he hadn't brought it up at that particular gathering but I'm not gonna go crazy about it.  It was a Trumpism and some of them hit the mark.

Whatever. I have no doubt many of those who kneel at Trump's feet are smarter than me. It makes me chortle when those who continue to take shots at "Lyin' Ted" complain about being lumped in as Orange Brigadiers.

The difference between now and 2020 is that whoever runs against Trump will be ready for battle, unlike the last election. If Trump runs again, it will be even dirtier, probably one of the dirtiest, slimiest political campaigns in American history. 60% or more of Republican voters will likely stay with him, which portends well for the primary season.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.