Author Topic: Trump calls Warren 'Pocahontas' at event honoring Native American veterans  (Read 13514 times)

Offline Concerned

Re: Trump calls Warren 'Pocahontas' at event honoring Native American veterans
« Reply #250 on: November 30, 2017, 08:12:59 pm »
Are you suggesting that placing more money in people's and business's pockets will not result in more spending by individuals and businesses?  What is your assumption they will do with that money?  Stuff it in mattresses?  The only thing I can think of is to spend it on the increased interest that will have to be paid as growth causes rate increases to debt.

I'm saying that at a macro-economic level, I don't know if consumer spending will definitely go up if tax reform is passed (and whether it will go up enough to be deficit neutral.  What else could folks do with more money?  Pay off debt or put it in savings.  My point is that your own link indicated that "analysts expect any economic boost to be modest, on balance, if the proposal becomes law." 

The bottom line is I don't believe growth is guaranteed which is why I support the concept of triggers.  I guess we simply agree to disagree on whether growth is assured or not, but the advantage of putting in the triggers is that if you are wrong and there isn’t the growth expected, we can recoup the missing revenue through the triggers.  If you’re right and we get the expected growth, the triggers are meaningless, not needed, and OBE.  Have a good one.   :seeya:
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.