Author Topic: Marine Colonel Announces He’s Running Against Roy Moore: ‘Hold My Beer’  (Read 13577 times)

Offline DiogenesLamp

You are aware that sounds a bit hysterical and shrill, are you not?

I always sound a bit hysterical and shrill.   It reminds me of that old saying. 

If you can keep your head when all about are losing theirs, it's just possible that you haven't grasped the situation.
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Obviously being neutered is going to eventually end up being a requirement of running for office eventually.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Obviously being neutered is going to eventually end up being a requirement of running for office eventually.

Nonsense.  Keeping your pants up while at work and avoiding potentially compromising situations is all it takes.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

Won't help.  Somebody will find an anecdote of something done before puberty.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon

We already have a shit ton of eunuchs in congress.  Don't see an upside with that course of action.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Nonsense.  Keeping your pants up while at work and avoiding potentially compromising situations is all it takes.

I learned at my most recent Harassment training class that avoiding potentially compromising situations will get you hammered for "creating a hostile work environment."  If a bullet has your name on it....
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
I learned at my most recent Harassment training class that avoiding potentially compromising situations will get you hammered for "creating a hostile work environment."

Societal consequences coming soon if not ongoing.

Reference the massive decline in dating and marriage and the massive upswing in online gaming and sex robots to replace relationships and extrapolate that as what portents might arise out of a 'damned if you don't avoid potentially compromising situations' and damned if you do in the workplace.  Nothing good comes out of this, that I can assure.

The collapse of our culture and society might make the fall of Rome look like a paper cut.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer

I know someone who had harassment charges filed against them, because there was a copy of The Real Anita Hill on their desk.

Nothing happened over it, but the process still had to be followed.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
I learned at my most recent Harassment training class that avoiding potentially compromising situations will get you hammered for "creating a hostile work environment."  If a bullet has your name on it....

Really?  I'm always careful to not entertain or ask people in to my hotel room (male or female; you never know these days), and I don't visit other colleagues in their rooms.  My office door is usually open, and if it's closed, the whole world can see in through the glass front because I keep the blinds raised.  I am careful to keep what I put into emails is always professional and unambiguous.  And, I'm a potential target and work in a hypersensitive environment. 

Oh, and re: the last comment, what I read in private, I don't keep on my desk.  Why would I want to invite trouble?
« Last Edit: November 29, 2017, 07:28:32 pm by Sanguine »

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Really?  I'm always careful to not entertain or ask people in to my hotel room (male or female; you never know these days), and I don't visit other colleagues in their rooms.  My office door is usually open, and if it's closed, the whole world can see in through the glass front because I keep the blinds raised.  I am careful to keep what I put into emails is always professional and unambiguous.  And, I'm a potential target and work in a hypersensitive environment. 

Oh, and re: the last comment, what I read in private, I don't keep on my desk.  Why would I want to invite trouble?

Well, sounds like you've got it covered.  But then, people may make fun of you for being too circumspect.  Look at what happened to Mike Pence.  Liberals laughing their butts off because he only has dinner with his wife.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

Really.  I work in a lab for a large corporation, so there are never Hotel rooms involved or anything, but what you describe about that environment is perfectly reasonable. 

I've had to take the mandatory training for over 25 years now, so I've seen the rules change over the years.  It used to be just keeping a good distance and never being alone with other people was sufficient, but this last go 'round my answers to the quiz were checked "wrong" because I'm overly cautious.  I was informed that had to be changed because I would be creating a hostile work environment.  I told them to pound sand because I worked it out so I only deal with computers and test equipment, there are never any other people around me anymore.  It's mostly because they all got laid off, but it's made my life less fearful.

You mention an office with windows...first, that's a luxury only executives get.  Secondly, it affords you no protection when words are what can get you in trouble.   You would have to tape everything to get partial protection.

I wish I could just telecommute the way I used to.  Life was great, but then we got a boss who loved to "manage by walking around."  He was an asshat, ruined everything.
I will NOT comply.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire

@Cyber Liberty
Its important to keep in mind that HRs job isn't to protect employees or create a healthy work environment.  I know they say that at all the new hire and annual training classes but its not true.   No, HRs job is to keep the company from getting sued by employees.   In my experience you are never alone with a female coworker, never not even if you think you trust her. 
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline WingNot

I like to live dangerously.  Besides it takes two to tango. , Mon Cherie, Cara Mia, Querida Mia, Cara Bella!

Offline driftdiver

@Sanguine
Bullpucky, not even close to true

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Well, sounds like you've got it covered.  But then, people may make fun of you for being too circumspect.  Look at what happened to Mike Pence.  Liberals laughing their butts off because he only has dinner with his wife.

You can't keep people from being stupid, @Emjay.  And, that goes for women too.  Don't go into a man's room, shut the door, and then act surprised when he tries to put the moves on.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
I like to live dangerously.  Besides it takes two to tango. , Mon Cherie, Cara Mia, Querida Mia, Cara Bella!

It may take two to tango, but it only takes one to be an a$$.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
@Sanguine
Bullpucky, not even close to true

Really?   How so?

Offline WingNot

It may take two to tango, but it only takes one to be an a$$.

You are officially off my dance card.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
You are officially off my dance card.

I'm flattered that I was ever on it.

Offline driftdiver

Really?   How so?

@Sanguine
At a previous job I supervised about 5 engineers, my official title was Test & Acceptance Supervisor which HR abbreviated T&A Supervisor.   My boss left and they made me manager over my group and another group that was 14 women and 1 old guy.    Since my boss had hired the women based on looks, by his own admission, only about 1/3 could do the job.

They changed my title to Revenue Assurance Manager, sounds like fun doesn't it. And told me to have daily training sessions with the 14 women to teach them their job.

I'd walk into the daily meetings to find them having very graphic conversations everything from their DDs to how their date performed last night.   Then they decided they didn't like me and wanted to get me fired.   First it was the young lady who walked up to me and stuck her chest out then asked if I thought she needed a boob job.   Next they went to the Second highest guy in the company and told him that I was telling people they were having whore parties at their house.  Had one of them do the old  Sharon Stone chair turn and flash me.   I was young and didn't realize I should report these things to HR, or that I should sue them when they turned out false.  I never asked for 'favors' and never suggested anything. 

No, I went and found another job because they were determined to get me fired because they didnt want to work.   So the idea that all women are prim and proper is FALSE.   yes many women are good and yes some men are troublemakers.    Keeping your pants on only helps prevent problems with the good women.

Offline mirraflake

Years ago I would take female clients to lunch alone, in my car. Did it all the time. Stopped doing it years ago.

I worked with one woman on a project. Took her to lunch several times.One day she called me at work and said she found me attractive, asked if I was happy in my marriage ( I was ) and if there was a possibility of us getting together....gulp. Told her I was happy and we should not be together alone and that was the end of that.

I'm waiting for the female harassment stories to come out but not holding my breath over all the anti male hysteria going on today

@Sanguine
« Last Edit: November 29, 2017, 08:14:17 pm by mirraflake »

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Years ago I would take female clients to lunch alone, in my car.

How many years ago?  Did the waitress wear roller skates?
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
@Sanguine
At a previous job I supervised about 5 engineers, my official title was Test & Acceptance Supervisor which HR abbreviated T&A Supervisor.   My boss left and they made me manager over my group and another group that was 14 women and 1 old guy.    Since my boss had hired the women based on looks, by his own admission, only about 1/3 could do the job.

They changed my title to Revenue Assurance Manager, sounds like fun doesn't it. And told me to have daily training sessions with the 14 women to teach them their job.

I'd walk into the daily meetings to find them having very graphic conversations everything from their DDs to how their date performed last night.   Then they decided they didn't like me and wanted to get me fired.   First it was the young lady who walked up to me and stuck her chest out then asked if I thought she needed a boob job.   Next they went to the Second highest guy in the company and told him that I was telling people they were having whore parties at their house.  Had one of them do the old  Sharon Stone chair turn and flash me.   I was young and didn't realize I should report these things to HR, or that I should sue them when they turned out false.  I never asked for 'favors' and never suggested anything. 

No, I went and found another job because they were determined to get me fired because they didnt want to work.   So the idea that all women are prim and proper is FALSE.   yes many women are good and yes some men are troublemakers.    Keeping your pants on only helps prevent problems with the good women.

Yeah, I've worked with a few hootchie-mamas in my life and I can't imagine having a whole roomful of them to deal with.  And, I've worked with men who would probably be locked up today.  Having a set of ground rules is a necessary start, but will not fully ameliorate pathological situations like that.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Years ago I would take female clients to lunch alone, in my car. Did it all the time. Stopped doing it years ago.

I worked with one woman on a project. Took her to lunch several times.One day she called me at work and said she found me attractive, asked if I was happy in my marriage ( I was ) and if there was a possibility of us getting together....gulp. Told her I was happy and we should not be together alone and that was the end of that.

I'm waiting for the female harassment stories to come out but not holding my breath over all the anti male hysteria going on today

@Sanguine

Oh, they're out there, and they do come out on occasion, but that's mostly due to the rarity of the situation.  As we agreed on another thread, men and women aren't totally the same.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
@Cyber Liberty
Its important to keep in mind that HRs job isn't to protect employees or create a healthy work environment.  I know they say that at all the new hire and annual training classes but its not true.   No, HRs job is to keep the company from getting sued by employees.   In my experience you are never alone with a female coworker, never not even if you think you trust her.

100% true.  Like any other person at work, you have to understand their job function when sizing them up.  HR and Legal can be the most problematic people.  Legal where I work isn't so bad because they deal with a lot of patent law, and that's pretty dry stuff.
I will NOT comply.