Author Topic: Why 2020 Will Be the Year of the Woman  (Read 676 times)

Online corbe

Why 2020 Will Be the Year of the Woman
« on: November 26, 2017, 06:15:12 pm »

Why 2020 Will Be the Year of the Woman

In this post-Weinstein moment, Democrats are pining for the karmic justice of defeating Trump with shards from a glass ceiling. Here’s how it could happen.

By BILL SCHER
  | November 24, 2017

One year after a Republican accused of sexual misconduct was elected president, and Democrats are the ones in turmoil about misogynistic behavior in their ranks.

Renewed media attention on sexual harassment and assault led to the twin New York Times and New Yorker exposés on Harvey Weinstein, the Hollywood mogul and Democratic donor. But Democrats did not rally to protect one of their own, and his attempt to curry sympathy with a pledge to fight the NRA fell flat. The subsequent #MeToo phenomenon continues to upend the left-leaning political and media worlds, with accusations of inappropriate behavior ensnaring liberal darling Sen. Al Franken, dean of the House and single-payer champion Rep. John Conyers, Florida Democratic Party chairman Stephen Bittel, New Republic publisher Hamilton Fish, former New Republic literary editor Leon Wieseltier and Vox Media editorial director Lockhart Steele.

Even former President Bill Clinton, previously celebrated among Democrats for beating back impeachment charges, is being harshly reassessed. Sen. Kristin Gillibrand and Vox’s Matt Yglesias publicly changed their minds and said Clinton should have resigned over his affair with White House intern Monica Lewinsky, and New York Times columnist Michelle Goldberg declared that because of Juanita Broaddrick’s rape allegation, “Bill Clinton no longer has a place in decent society.”

The last time America experienced such a jarring moment regarding sexual misconduct was the 1991 Clarence Thomas confirmation hearings, which ended with the televised spectacle of his former assistant Anita Hill charging him with sexual harassment. Simmering anger over Hill’s treatment by the all-white, all-male Senate Judiciary Committee spilled into the next election. When four new women were elected to the Senate, increasing their ranks to six, 1992 was decreed to be “The Year of the Woman.”

<..snip..>

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2017/11/24/2020-year-of-woman-democrats-post-weinstein-kamala-harris-klobuchar-gillibrand-warren-215860
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline MajorClay

Re: Why 2020 Will Be the Year of the Woman
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2017, 11:29:32 pm »
Names a lot of names.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2017, 11:35:24 pm »
What a load of Commie shit.

Feel free to pimp any of these back bench loser women Politico. Donny is going to hand them their ass in an election....after he grabs it for fun.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2017, 11:35:50 pm by Frank Cannon »

Online corbe

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2017, 03:06:37 am »
    I disagree Frank there is nothing out there that indicates Trump is an azz man by all indications he's into fake boobs and frontal  appropriation.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2017, 03:59:40 am »
    I disagree Frank there is nothing out there that indicates Trump is an azz man by all indications he's into fake boobs and frontal  appropriation.

I disagree, Frank.  There is nothing out there that indicates Trump is an ass man.  By all indications he's into fake boobs and frontal appropriation.

Three sentences, @corbe .  Three!

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2017, 04:02:48 am »
I disagree, Frank.  There is nothing out there that indicates Trump is an ass man.  By all indications he's into fake boobs and frontal appropriation.

Three sentences, @corbe .  Three!

Looks like our man got himself this.....

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2017, 04:04:41 am »
Looks like our man got himself this.....

I think he needs it.  You quoted my corrections.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2017, 05:16:02 am »
I heard about this.  Picture of the woman this is supposed to be the year of at the link....

https://wtop.com/dc/2017/09/45-foot-tall-nude-woman-stand-next-washington-monument/
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2017, 01:19:41 pm »
Outrage alone is not going to produce another Year of the Woman. One woman will need to have ample reservoirs of charisma and guile in order to crush her opposition.
The author names four current Democrat senators who might run: Gillibrand, Kamala Harris, Warren and Amy Klobuchar (never heard of her). Presumably, these four are just overflowing - gushing, even - with charisma and guile.  :pondering:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2017, 07:29:46 pm »
The author names four current Democrat senators who might run: Gillibrand, Kamala Harris, Warren and Amy Klobuchar (never heard of her). Presumably, these four are just overflowing - gushing, even - with charisma and guile.  :pondering:
Charisma and guile, is that what they are calling it now? I must say it does sound nicer than Bulls__t!

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2017, 07:32:22 pm »

Harris is a Two-Fer, which is why my money is on that one.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2017, 07:49:04 pm »
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."