Author Topic: Pelosi: Conyers deserves 'due process'  (Read 422 times)

Online corbe

Pelosi: Conyers deserves 'due process'
« on: November 26, 2017, 04:53:04 pm »

By Mallory Shelbourne  - 11/26/17 10:51 AM EST

House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) said in an interview broadcast Sunday that Rep. John Conyers (D-Mich.) deserves “due process” in the wake of the sexual harassment allegations that have been leveled against him.

“That’s for the ethics committee to review,” Pelosi told NBC’s “Meet the Press” when asked if she believes the allegations.

“We are strengthened by due process,” she added.

Pelosi also called Conyers an “icon in our country.”

<..snip..>

http://thehill.com/homenews/house/361849-pelosi-conyers-deserves-due-process
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Re: Pelosi: Conyers deserves 'due process'
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2017, 04:55:52 pm »

By Mallory Shelbourne  - 11/26/17 10:51 AM EST

House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) said in an interview broadcast Sunday that Rep. John Conyers (D-Mich.) deserves “due process” in the wake of the sexual harassment allegations that have been leveled against him.

“That’s for the ethics committee to review,” Pelosi told NBC’s “Meet the Press” when asked if she believes the allegations.

“We are strengthened by due process,” she added.

<..snip..>

http://thehill.com/homenews/house/361849-pelosi-conyers-deserves-due-process

Well, there you go.

The dems know which side of the bread the butter is on.

They have no compunction at all in supporting a nasty old creep.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Online corbe

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2017, 05:01:44 pm »
   What a hypocritical bit@h, she'd be calling for his/her head if they had a (R) behind their name.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2017, 05:20:23 pm »

How's he an icon? He has been a worthless congressman since '64. His district has gotten worse over those years, but because he is black he keeps winning. He's irrelevant garbage.

Online corbe

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2017, 05:35:35 pm »
Conyers stepping down as ranking Dem on House Judiciary Committee

By Rebecca Savransky - 11/26/17 12:27 PM EST   

Rep. John Conyers (D-Mich.) is stepping down as the ranking member of the House Judiciary Committee after allegations of sexual harassment.

<..snip..>

http://thehill.com/homenews/house/361858-conyers-stepping-down-as-ranking-dem-on-house-judiciary-committee

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2017, 05:37:20 pm »

How's he an icon? He has been a worthless congressman since '64. His district has gotten worse over those years, but because he is black he keeps winning. He's irrelevant garbage.

And why is Pelosi sticking her neck out for him?  Is she too dumb to know that this lessens any credibility she might have when sticking up for other dem predators who might not die soon?

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2017, 06:11:31 pm »
And why is Pelosi sticking her neck out for him?  Is she too dumb to know that this lessens any credibility she might have when sticking up for other dem predators who might not die soon?

She's playing to her Real constituents. The Media.

! No longer available
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2017, 06:49:08 pm »
Conyers stepping down as ranking Dem on House Judiciary Committee

By Rebecca Savransky - 11/26/17 12:27 PM EST   

Rep. John Conyers (D-Mich.) is stepping down as the ranking member of the House Judiciary Committee after allegations of sexual harassment.

<..snip..>

http://thehill.com/homenews/house/361858-conyers-stepping-down-as-ranking-dem-on-house-judiciary-committee

Very reluctant to do so.  Thinks he has work yet to do, underwear yet to show to unsuspecting aides, etc.  Anyway, he is a victim of an 'alt-right' attack. 

"“I deny these allegations, many of which were raised by documents reportedly paid for by a partisan alt-right blogger. I very much look forward to vindicating myself and my family before the House Committee on Ethics,” Conyers said.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2017, 07:10:16 pm »
Very reluctant to do so.  Thinks he has work yet to do, underwear yet to show to unsuspecting aides, etc.  Anyway, he is a victim of an 'alt-right' attack. 

"“I deny these allegations, many of which were raised by documents reportedly paid for by a partisan alt-right blogger. I very much look forward to vindicating myself and my family before the House Committee on Ethics,” Conyers said.

He also has a meaningless post, while they're in the minority.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2017, 08:24:29 pm »
What happened to "'Innocent until proven guilty' only applies in a court of law, not politics?"

I'm so confused....
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2017, 08:28:37 pm »
What happened to "'Innocent until proven guilty' only applies in a court of law, not politics?"

I'm so confused....

Paper. Rock. Scissors.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."