Author Topic: Retired Lieutenant General Insulted By Trump's Conversation With Troops Overseas  (Read 850 times)

Offline endicom

Townhall
Cortney O'Brien
Nov. 24, 2017

President Trump sat in on a video call with five deployed units of each military branch on Thursday, wishing them a Happy Thanksgiving and thanking them for their service. At one point in their conversation, Trump said the military was "winning" now, but they "weren't letting" them win before.

That didn't sit well with former Lt. Gen. Mark Hertling. In an interview with CNN, Hertling said while he "thankful" the president called the troops, he would have been put off by such comments if he was on the other end of the call.

More... https://townhall.com/tipsheet/cortneyobrien/2017/11/24/retired-lieutenant-general-insulted-by-trumps-conversation-with-troops-overseas-n2413518

Offline endicom

Hertling should be insulted by the fact that we're still fighting after all these years. Trump can be faulted for talking about himself too much but is otherwise correct. Let's hope he does better than the last two POTUS.

Offline Frank Cannon

Gosh. I wonder if this guy is a Commie Pinko Lib....

In September 2013, Hertling was appointed by U.S. President Barack Obama to be one of 25 people serving on the President's Council on Fitness, Sports, and Nutrition. He served as a Council member until 20 January 2017.[1] He also acts as a senior advisor to "Mission Readiness", a nonprofit, bipartisan organization of retired military leaders who call for smart investments for U.S. children; he has served as a board member for World TEAM (The Exceptional Athlete Matters) Sport, an organization providing opportunities for physically challenged athletes; and he serves as an advisor to "Operation Gratitude", an organization supporting deployed military and their families. In 2016, he was named as an Adjunct Scholar to the Modern War Institute at the U.S. Military Academy at West Point.

Since June 2014, Hertling has appeared as a national security and military analyst for CNN, discussing events in Iraq, Israel, Ukraine, and the policies of the U.S. military.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_Hertling

Oh look at that. Was a pal of Obama's and is a CNN talking head. Eff you very much Lt Gen for your Trump bashing.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Stars 1 and 2 under GW Bush. Star 3 under Obama.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Stars 1 and 2 under GW Bush. Star 3 under Obama.

I've always thought the Pentagon swamp has been around a lot longer than people think.  Back to a time during the Vietnam war....
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline endicom

I've always thought the Pentagon swamp has been around a lot longer than people think.  Back to a time during the Vietnam war....

I used to say that the Army was the original government agency. True or not, I think that makes a point.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Gosh. I wonder if this guy is a Commie Pinko Lib....

Oh look at that. Was a pal of Obama's and is a CNN talking head. Eff you very much Lt Gen for your Trump bashing.

:thumbsup2:

Offline endicom

Strikes me as a control freak. Too fixated on 'leading.' It would be interesting to speak to his soldiers to see what they thought.