Author Topic: Las Vegas massacre gunman fired more than 1,100 rounds, sheriff says  (Read 1206 times)

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Las Vegas massacre gunman fired more than 1,100 rounds, sheriff says
Stephen Paddock fired more than 1,100 rounds when he killed 58 people and injured more than 500 others at a country music festival on the Strip last month, Clark County Sheriff Joe Lombardo told a local newspaper Wednesday.

Lombardo told the Las Vegas Review-Journal he was aware of the previously unreported figure because his department's forensics lab is working with the FBI to process all ballistics evidence.
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/11/23/las-vegas-massacre-gunman-fired-more-than-1100-rounds-sheriff-says.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+foxnews%2Fnational+%28Internal+-+US+Latest+-+Text%29

Sure took 'em a while to count to 1100, but I reckon that included how long it took to count the 4000 or so unfired rounds. Something doesn't match the narrative, because this is developing awful slowly. I'd rather they take the time they need to be thorough, if we can trust that.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
Re: Las Vegas massacre gunman fired more than 1,100 rounds, sheriff says
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2017, 03:27:38 pm »
Six weeks since a presser. Surprised that even this drop of info was released. I will find it difficult to believe the findings of the FBI, if they ever have any findings, that is.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2017, 03:29:39 pm »
One out of every 2 bullets found a target. Those poor folks must've been pretty tightly packed.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2017, 03:35:55 pm »
Wait until tomorrow. This story keeps changing every freaking day. Tomorrow it will be 500 rounds, or 5000. Who cares? Every time anyone opens their mouth about what happened the story is different.

I simply stopped believing what anyone has to say about this. I don't know what is going on. I don't know why they are trying to bury and obfuscate this whole thing. I don't know.

I have no idea what the actual truth is. But I know when I am being lied to.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2017, 03:39:47 pm »
I will at this point guarantee you that there is something about this that they do not want us to know and it's very likely that we never will.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2017, 03:41:40 pm »
Just for fun I'll throw this out there. This was cover for an assassination attempt on the next/new Saudi king's son who was gambling on the strip at the time, disguised as a tourist.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline austingirl

« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2017, 03:44:26 pm »
I will at this point guarantee you that there is something about this that they do not want us to know and it's very likely that we never will.

Exactly my feelings. Our public servants, who work for us, have effectively become royalty and we are their serfs.

All I want for Christmas: Convention of States. Terms limit. Feds adhering to the Enumerated Powers.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2017, 03:50:11 pm »
Exactly my feelings. Our public servants, who work for us, have effectively become royalty and we are their serfs.

All I want for Christmas: Convention of States. Terms limit. Feds adhering to the Enumerated Powers.

:amen:  Those things would indeed make for a GREAT Christmas but, I fear, it's not to be.  We have gone over the edge now and I don't see how we get back up.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline austingirl

« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2017, 04:02:38 pm »
:amen:  Those things would indeed make for a GREAT Christmas but, I fear, it's not to be.  We have gone over the edge now and I don't see how we get back up.

Very sad. We couldn't keep the Constitutional Republic the Founders gave us.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2017, 04:07:00 pm »
One out of every 2 bullets found a target. Those poor folks must've been pretty tightly packed.

I don't know that I saw a number of people who actually took a bullet. Just 500 "injured".
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline skeeter

« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2017, 04:08:31 pm »
I don't know that I saw a number of people who actually took a bullet. Just 500 "injured".
True, I'm sure that number includes trampling victims as well.

Offline austingirl

« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2017, 04:48:43 pm »
Just for fun I'll throw this out there. This was cover for an assassination attempt on the next/new Saudi king's son who was gambling on the strip at the time, disguised as a tourist.

The "authorities" don't like the conspiracy theories- too bad! The upper floors of the Mandalay are owned by the Saudis. With all the purging in the Saudi kingdom, there could be something to this theory. I believe the FBI knows and it is very big and they will never tell us. 9999hair out0000

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2017, 12:35:08 pm »
Direct impact, ricochets, 'spatter' off the pavement, injuries sustained in the mob trying to escape, etc. I agree, there may have been fewer actually wounded by bullets.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2017, 12:37:00 pm »
At this point, about  the only folks I'd eliminate are the BLM bunch, and that's a maybe. We really don't know, but I smell a 'sting' gone wrong.

C S Lewis

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2017, 12:42:46 pm »
Wait until tomorrow. This story keeps changing every freaking day. Tomorrow it will be 500 rounds, or 5000. Who cares? Every time anyone opens their mouth about what happened the story is different.

I simply stopped believing what anyone has to say about this. I don't know what is going on. I don't know why they are trying to bury and obfuscate this whole thing. I don't know.

I'm not saying it was Aliens.  But my theory is, it was Aliens. 
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2017, 06:52:35 pm »
Just found out the brother of my daughters friend was there and he didn't take a bullet, but a piece of shrapnel did strike near his heart and that nearly ended his life. They say he is also suffering from PTSD, afraid to go out anywhere afterwards.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2017, 07:51:00 pm »
True, I'm sure that number includes trampling victims as well.

Yes, but even at that distance, the dispersion made his weapons essentially long range shotguns.  Hard to miss a group that big.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2017, 07:55:29 pm »

Have you ever been to a concert?   Should to shoulder up close to the stage which is where the first shots landed.  Think walmart 5 minutes before opening on the Friday after Thanksgiving.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2017, 10:19:47 pm »

I would be extremely disappointed with law enforcement if they weren't lying.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2017, 11:36:29 pm »
Have you ever been to a concert?   Should to shoulder up close to the stage which is where the first shots landed.  Think walmart 5 minutes before opening on the Friday after Thanksgiving.

Heart concert. After they went to the glam look. Nancy Wilson in her bustier. Got up close for a good look. Then had security pull me over the fence into the three foot walkway between the stage and the crowd.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2017, 11:43:30 pm »

Of course, but after the first few seconds I imagine the crowd tried to disperse pretty quickly. From what I read the guy was sniping for a good ten or fifteen minutes.

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #21 on: November 28, 2017, 12:04:12 am »
Of course, but after the first few seconds I imagine the crowd tried to disperse pretty quickly. From what I read the guy was sniping for a good ten or fifteen minutes.
Think about crowd dynamics. He'd shoot for the largest, most dense concentrations of people. As the crowd moved and broke up into bunches trying to escape the area, he'd shoot at the largest or most tightly packed groups. Some rounds might achieve through and through penetration and hit someone else while they were tightly packed. Others would ricochet off the pavement, fragment on impact and the fragments cause wounds. I have little doubt there were some people who were injured in the scramble for cover or to escape.

He was likely less effective after the crowd started to disperse.

C S Lewis