Author Topic: Interview with John Mack Psychiatrist, Harvard University {NOVA JAN 1999}  (Read 1964 times)

Offline Quix

• Times R a changin' Walk with God!
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/aliens/johnmack.html

NOVA:   Let's talk about your own personal evolution from perhaps skepticism to belief ...

MACK:   When I first encountered this phenomenon, or particularly even before I had actually seen the people themselves, I had very little place in my mind to take this seriously.  I, like most of us, were raised to believe that if we were going to discover other intelligence, we'd do it through radio waves or through signals or something of that kind.

NOVA:   So tell us, please, how literally you intend people to take this?  Are you suggesting people are really being snatched from their beds by aliens and experiments on board a spaceship?

MACK:   Just how literally to take this, is one of the most interesting and complex aspects of this.  And I want to walk through that as clearly as I can.  There are aspects of this which I believe we are justified in taking quite literally.  That is, UFOs are in fact observed, filmed on camera at the same time that people are having their abduction experiences.

People, in fact, have been observed to be missing at the time that they are reporting their abduction experiences.  They return from their experiences with cuts, ulcers on their bodies, triangular lesions, which follow the distribution of the experiences that they recover, of what was done to them in the craft by the surgical-like activity of these beings.

All of that has a literal physical aspect and is experienced and reported with appropriate feeling, by the abductees, with or without hypnosis or a relaxation exercise.

....There is a—I believe, a gradation of experiences and that go from the most literal physical kinds of hurts, wounds, person removed, spacecraft that can be photographed, to experiences which are more psychological, spiritual, involve the extension of consciousness.  The difficulty for our society and for our mentality is, we have a kind of either/or mentality.  It's either, literally physical; or it's in the spiritual other realm, the unseen realm.  What we seem to have no place for—or we have lost the place for—are phenomena that can begin in the unseen realm, and cross over and manifest and show up in our literal physical world.

So the simple answer would be:  Yes, it's both.  It's both literally, physically happening to a degree; and it's also some kind of psychological, spiritual experience occurring and originating perhaps in another dimension.  And so the phenomenon stretches us, or it asks us to stretch to open to realities that are not simply the literal physical world, but to extend to the possibility that there are other unseen realities from which our,
if you will, learning processes over the past several hundred years have closed us off. 

. . .

I believe that Dr Mack's research, experiences with several hundred UFO experiencers, professional training and perspective, personality, logic, integrity etc. are a significant benchmark in the history of the phenomena. Some of his colleagues tried to throw rocks at his UFO research but they lost those battles--at least one in court.

For those who glibly blame personal abduction narratives on silly mentally ill people, Dr Mack's research definitively slaps that nonsense down soundly.

I think the article is well worth reading for those who want to know more about a professional shrink's evaluation of the phenomena after extensive high quality research.

« Last Edit: November 23, 2017, 10:22:13 pm by Quix »
Forgive all; In all things Thank God; Love all. Love 1st, most & always... BE CALM & DO THE NEXT LOVING THING.
POTTERY SITE ON ETSY: https://www.etsy.com/shop/ACTIVELOVE
QUIX thread for Quix GLOBALISM, UFO ETC topics here:http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php?topic=206517.new#new WILLIAM TOMPKINS Disclosure bk thread: http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,224639.0.html . Calling: To afflict the comfortable & comfort the afflicted[/