Author Topic: Poll:Half of Voters Think Franken Should Retire From Senate  (Read 1632 times)

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
Poll:Half of Voters Think Franken Should Retire From Senate
« on: November 22, 2017, 07:05:47 pm »
dailycaller
Henry Rodgers
Political Reporter
12:27 PM 11/22/2017

[excerpt]

http://dailycaller.com/2017/11/22/poll-half-of-voters-think-al-franken-should-resign-from-the-senate/

Fifty percent of U.S. voters think​ Minnesota Democratic Sen. Al Franken should resign over multiple allegations of sexual misconduct against him, according to a poll released Wednesday.

The Politico/Morning Consult poll shows half of the country does not believe Franken is still fit to serve as a United States Senator after two women accused him of groping them without their consent.

News anchor Leeann Tweeden accused Franken on Thursday of forcibly kissing her and groping her on a USO tour in 2006. Franken apologized for his behavior, but another woman accused him Monday of groping her in 2010. The senator assumed office in 2009. (RELATED: A Definitive Collection Of Creepy Al Franken Photos Groping Women)
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
Re: Poll:Half of Voters Think Franken Should Retire From Senate
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2017, 07:08:17 pm »
This is how it's done, people.

Cover the story on your OPPOSITION

Don't spend your every breath trying to crucify your own, because of your Moral Outrage.

Whatever happened to Innocent until Proven Guilty, in a Court of Law?
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2017, 07:37:17 pm »
Waiting for old Mitch to open up hearings on the matter to consider expulsion.

Getting sleepy but still waiting.
The Republic is lost.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2017, 07:47:38 pm »
Waiting for old Mitch to open up hearings on the matter to consider expulsion.

Getting sleepy but still waiting.

Gotta run, it's that rabbit again. I think he's about ready for another ethics committee hearing.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2017, 07:52:56 pm »

Gotta run, it's that rabbit again. I think he's about ready for another ethics committee hearing.

888high58888
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2017, 08:17:56 pm »
This is how it's done, people.

Cover the story on your OPPOSITION

Don't spend your every breath trying to crucify your own, because of your Moral Outrage.

Whatever happened to Innocent until Proven Guilty, in a Court of Law?

The mystery to me is how this guy was elected in the first place.

He is a particularly unattractive guy who was never funny and is a failed comic and not that smart.

So now it turns out he is a sexual predator also.

So I guess he has all the credentials to be a democrat senator.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2017, 08:21:32 pm »

He is a particularly unattractive guy who was never funny and is a failed comic and not that smart.

He's a nasty, sarcastic POS. Qualities leftists love.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2017, 08:22:20 pm »

He cheated. Votes were counted and recounted till he won.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2017, 08:24:28 pm »
He cheated. Votes were counted and recounted till he won.

And I believe there were many times more felons allowed to vote than the margin of his victory.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2017, 08:27:28 pm »
He's a nasty, sarcastic POS. Qualities leftists love.

Really !  When you think about it, he is the Perfect Democrat.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2017, 08:36:54 pm »
Fifty percent of U.S. voters think​ Minnesota Democratic Sen. Al Franken should resign

The other fifty percent think with the right costume he’d make a fine court jester.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2017, 08:37:50 pm »
The other fifty percent think with the right costume he’d make a fine court jester.

He always struck me as a short white bus kid with anger management issues.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2017, 08:44:01 pm »

He won because they magically found lots and lots of extra votes for him in people's trunks late election night.

THAT is how you elect a loser like Al......
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2017, 09:07:32 pm »
Mr Franken has been a champion of women's rights since his election to the US senate. This one misstep, many years ago, should not keep him from the good work he does to advance women's issues.  He should not step down.  If the voters of MN rebuke him let it be in the next election.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline musiclady

« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2017, 09:18:54 pm »
Mr Franken has been a champion of women's rights since his election to the US senate. This one misstep, many years ago, should not keep him from the good work he does to advance women's issues.  He should not step down.  If the voters of MN rebuke him let it be in the next election.

Now THIS is perfect trolling.

Regurgitating idiotic leftist bile and expecting people to take you seriously.

You're not even a serious leftist.  Al Franken is a total loser.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2017, 10:09:13 pm »

Who are you?  Are you crazy?  If you are serious, I don't think you belong on a GOP forum.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2017, 10:14:51 pm »
Who are you?  Are you crazy?  If you are serious, I don't think you belong on a GOP forum.

Hard to tell if he's a serious leftist troll, or someone with a really stupid sense of humor.

There's not a person right of Marx who think's Franken has done good things for women.....or anyone else.

And the voters of MN didn't elect him over Norm Coleman until those car trunks of votes for Franken magically appeared.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2017, 10:23:08 pm »

On 21 November by 36 former SNL staff members who wrote that they felt "compelled to stand up for Al Franken, whom we have all had the pleasure of working with over the years". Labelling his past actions as "stupid and foolish", they said he was an "honourable" person since he never acted inappropriately towards them.

Also a number of former Franken female staffers have also defended their ex-boss, painting him as "a champion for women both in the legislation he supported and in promoting women to leadership roles in our offices". Others have questioned if there is any truth behind the claims and decided it was a gimmick to discredit a respected Democrat.

Rape culture expert Kate Harding even went on to write an op-ed for the Washington Post in which she says she does not want Franken to resign, making him seem the better of two evils.

Franken will and should stay.  I'll be staying too. 
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline skeeter

« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2017, 10:37:11 pm »

Franken will and should stay.  I'll be staying too.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2017, 10:42:52 pm »
Hard to tell if he's a serious leftist troll, or someone with a really stupid sense of humor.

There's not a person right of Marx who think's Franken has done good things for women.....or anyone else.

And the voters of MN didn't elect him over Norm Coleman until those car trunks of votes for Franken magically appeared.

I can't figure him out but I've decided he's not worth the effort to try.

But he warns he's staying so maybe we'll be seeing him again.

Something to look forward do?  8888crybaby

Offline musiclady

« Reply #20 on: November 22, 2017, 10:55:08 pm »
I can't figure him out but I've decided he's not worth the effort to try.

But he warns he's staying so maybe we'll be seeing him again.

Something to look forward do?  8888crybaby

I suppose a few crackpot liberal trolls keep us on our toes, eh??

Sheesh!  This one is brazen! 

Offline Applewood

« Reply #21 on: November 22, 2017, 10:57:09 pm »

What exactly are these "women's rights" he has been defending?  Where in the Constitution does it say certain groups have rights peculiar to their identity which supersede the rights of everyone else? 

Really tired of these "women's rights," "gay rights," "short fat people's rights" etc. etc. etc. 

Offline musiclady

« Reply #22 on: November 22, 2017, 11:00:31 pm »
What exactly are these "women's rights" he has been defending?  Where in the Constitution does it say certain groups have rights peculiar to their identity which supersede the rights of everyone else? 

Really tired of these "women's rights," "gay rights," "short fat people's rights" etc. etc. etc.

The only women's "right" that either Franken or our troll are concerned with is the imaginary "right" to slaughter the unborn.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
« Reply #23 on: November 23, 2017, 06:58:20 am »

There is far more evidence against Franken than Moore. If Franken stays, then Moore stays if he wins.
The Republic is lost.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #24 on: November 23, 2017, 09:46:29 am »

Yes, but he’s done absolutely nothing to advance Italian issues! I’m Italian and I want my federal government to do something about helping Italians overcome the overwhelming problems of being Italian in America! Like the cultural misappropriation of pizza and spaghetti westerns, for instance. I’m mad as hell and I’m just not gonna take it anymore!  :whistle: