Author Topic: Conyers Hometown Paper Urges Him To Step Down  (Read 187 times)

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
Conyers Hometown Paper Urges Him To Step Down
« on: November 22, 2017, 06:55:10 pm »
dailycaller
Amber Randall
Civil Rights Reporter
11:24 AM 11/22/2017

[excerpt]

http://dailycaller.com/2017/11/22/conyers-hometown-paper-urges-him-to-step-down/

An editorial in Democrat Rep. John Conyers’ hometown paper urged the congressman to step down from his position in light of accusations that he used taxpayer money to pay off a sexual harassment accuser.

The Detroit-Free Press editorial argued that while Conyers is a “hero of the civil rights,” he needs to resign due to reports of his alleged firing of a woman who rebuffed his sexual advances.

“John Conyers Jr. must go — after 53 years in Congress, after a stellar career of fighting for equality, after contributing so much to southeast Michigan and the nation,” the editorial board for the paper wrote. “It’s a tragic end to his public career. But it’s the appropriate consequence for the stunning subterfuge his office has indulged here, and a needed warning to other members of Congress that this can never be tolerated.”
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Re: Conyers Hometown Paper Urges Him To Step Down
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2017, 07:02:10 pm »
I guess it's okay to throw Conyers under the bus.

How many years does he have left to be a total lefty and sexual predator at that.

Anybody notice that the floodgates have suddenly opened on sexual misconduct?

Maybe the dems should have thought twice about bringing those fake Moore charges.

In other words, be careful what you ask for.

It's possible we could get rid of a large portion of the democrats if all the sexual accusations are suddenly looked into.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2017, 07:14:00 pm »
I guess it's okay to throw Conyers under the bus.

How many years does he have left to be a total lefty and sexual predator at that.

Anybody notice that the floodgates have suddenly opened on sexual misconduct?

Maybe the dems should have thought twice about bringing those fake Moore charges.

In other words, be careful what you ask for.

It's possible we could get rid of a large portion of the democrats if all the sexual accusations are suddenly looked into.

YES! YES! YES!

:tremblant: :tremblant: :tremblant:

Enough of this Circular Firing Squad nonsense, with the never ending 'I believe Moore's Accusers. He's a Pedo!'

Prove It, or get Off It!

All that does is feed the Rats and the media Exactly what they want: Dissension among THEIR Opposition, as in Us!.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline RetBobbyMI

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2017, 07:18:34 pm »
He should have long before this story.  But thanks to gerrymandering, his district is better than 95% safe for Democrats to elect another looney leftist from Detroit.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2017, 07:46:22 pm »
He settled a harassment lawsuit, which is not always an admission of guilt for a high profile public figure. These things can be settled to keep them out of a media firestorm, despite the fact the Rats will fight anytime they think they can get off.

Which implies she had him dead to rights. The main issue is he did it with taxpayer money, and that's reason enough to go for me.

But the other is why are there not hearings scheduled and expulsion considered, since apparently the mere accusation of such is enough.
The Republic is lost.