Author Topic: Pastor says Roy Moore was seeking the 'purity of a young woman'  (Read 32924 times)

Offline musiclady

I see that Judge Moore's friends and admirers are helping him about as much as Donald Trump's fans are helping him.

Yeah........... his 'friends' who are speaking up should just shut up.

This "Pastor Friend" is no friend at all for making these comments.

It just makes Moore look worse to those who are still trying to figure out what the heck this guy did in his 30's and why.....
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter

That says a lot about Alabama. How old is 14 in sheep years?

:silly: :silly:
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

@jmyrlefuller

This is satire, right?  No, forget it, I know it isn't.

Why, oh why, do you want people to be lonely?

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
@jmyrlefuller

This is satire, right?  No, forget it, I know it isn't.
Never mind; you wouldn't understand what I meant.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Silver Pines

Why, oh why, do you want people to be lonely?

@Once-Ler

I'm thinking that this is what I get for years of defending the South and trying to explain that we aren't backward.  After all of that---Roy Moore happens.

@jmyrlefuller, if you can still see my posts, I like you and I didn't deliberately set out to be antagonistic with you.  But if you look at the forum, the pro-Moore articles dominate.  There aren't many of us posting articles to the contrary, even though most reasonable people have come to the conclusion that there's a problem with Moore, at least to some degree or other.

It's reached the point here that the dogged defense of Moore is at TOS levels.  I've seen posts over there demanding that Jim crack down on "anti-Moore" sentiment.  If some of you had your way, it would happen here, too.  I have no doubt of it.

When I came here, it was my impression that this place was filled with thinkers.  I haven't seen much of that lately from the people who are in tribalistic denial over Moore.  I said at the beginning that if he was innocent, I hoped he would sue the Post and win.  That's in black and white in my posting history, despite the slack-jawed accusations that I'm a liberal and I "want" the charges to be true. I haven't seen much of that from you all, though.  From the beginning, from the standpoint of many here, Moore has been the only truthteller among a crowd of liars and sluts. 

Now?  The evidence coming out against him has me convinced that he's guilty.  I would hope that the men on this forum who are outraged over the fact that I won't back down from my opinion can get over it.  This isn't TOS, and I am not the kind of person who can be shouted down.  I thought I was supposed to be the weaker sex, so don't prove me wrong by continuing to be unable to deal with my point of view without getting so ridiculously upset, and by characterizing my disagreement as a "jihad."  It's stupid emotionalism.

If you really can't take it, I may be talking to myself by the time this wraps up, after all the ignore buttons have been hit.  And believe me, I'm fine with that.

Silver Pines

Never mind; you wouldn't understand what I meant.

@jmyrlefuller

Unfortunately, I do.

Offline musiclady

@Once-Ler

I'm thinking that this is what I get for years of defending the South and trying to explain that we aren't backward.  After all of that---Roy Moore happens.

@jmyrlefuller, if you can still see my posts, I like you and I didn't deliberately set out to be antagonistic with you.  But if you look at the forum, the pro-Moore articles dominate.  There aren't many of us posting articles to the contrary, even though most reasonable people have come to the conclusion that there's a problem with Moore, at least to some degree or other.

It's reached the point here that the dogged defense of Moore is at TOS levels.  I've seen posts over there demanding that Jim crack down on "anti-Moore" sentiment.  If some of you had your way, it would happen here, too.  I have no doubt of it.

When I came here, it was my impression that this place was filled with thinkers.  I haven't seen much of that lately from the people who are in tribalistic denial over Moore.  I said at the beginning that if he was innocent, I hoped he would sue the Post and win.  That's in black and white in my posting history, despite the slack-jawed accusations that I'm a liberal and I "want" the charges to be true. I haven't seen much of that from you all, though.  From the beginning, from the standpoint of many here, Moore has been the only truthteller among a crowd of liars and sluts. 

Now?  The evidence coming out against him has me convinced that he's guilty.  I would hope that the men on this forum who are outraged over the fact that I won't back down from my opinion can get over it.  This isn't TOS, and I am not the kind of person who can be shouted down.  I thought I was supposed to be the weaker sex, so don't prove me wrong by continuing to be unable to deal with my point of view without getting so ridiculously upset, and by characterizing my disagreement as a "jihad."  It's stupid emotionalism.

If you really can't take it, I may be talking to myself by the time this wraps up, after all the ignore buttons have been hit.  And believe me, I'm fine with that.

goopo

I've seen shades of TOS in the angry responses to ANY questions about Moore, as well.

And as more "friends" speak up on his behalf, it looks more and more like he is guilty, IMO.

Keep up the thoughtful questions and information, @CatherineofAragon .  It is appreciated.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Online roamer_1

Sounds like your scenario on things is just about right, @Smokin Joe ...
Folks just gotta put the worst spin on it possible  :shrug:

Offline musiclady

Sounds like your scenario on things is just about right, @Smokin Joe ...
Folks just gotta put the worst spin on it possible  :shrug:

There's been a lot of spinnin' on the other side as well.......

Offline kevindavis007

Not helping..
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Online roamer_1

There's been a lot of spinnin' on the other side as well.......

I sure don't see it. 

Offline musiclady

I sure don't see it.

I sure do.

People working very hard to dismiss everything said (including this dopey "pastor friend") without considering that it might mean something.

I just wonder why a few of the fellers here are so dogmatic about things they don't yet know.

Online roamer_1

I sure do.

People working very hard to dismiss everything said (including this dopey "pastor friend") without considering that it might mean something.

I just wonder why a few of the fellers here are so dogmatic about things they don't yet know.

It ain't what I don't know, but what I do - Moore has conducted himself with honor as long as he has been in public life. Not a single whiff of this sort of thing in all that time. Stripping him of that honor should take more than gossip and whispers. If I am being dogmatic, that is why. All it takes for me to remove my support is proof. There is none. Not just little, but *none*.

Offline musiclady

It ain't what I don't know, but what I do - Moore has conducted himself with honor as long as he has been in public life. Not a single whiff of this sort of thing in all that time. Stripping him of that honor should take more than gossip and whispers. If I am being dogmatic, that is why. All it takes for me to remove my support is proof. There is none. Not just little, but *none*.

I'm sorry, but as a mother who has raised daughters, I find this friend's supposed testimonial on Moore's behalf extremely disturbing.

A thirty something man wanting to date my 16 year old daughter because she's "pure?"

That should be disturbing to any parent.

And yet it won't faze those who are seemingly emotionally in need of defending him.

There is something very wrong with the things being said in his defense.   I'm still withholding final judgment, but the more I hear the more disturbing this man's ethics become.

And again........... these are not gossipy accusers.   These are the people who think he's done nothing wrong.   :shrug:

Offline kevindavis007

Moore has no honor.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
You're welcome! I keep reading that this story has been "debunked", but I have not yet found any evidence to support that claim. Do you happen to have a link to a reputable news site (i.e. - not Trumpway Trumpet or Trumpbart)? Thanks!

I might but first you must tell me what you consider to be a "reputable" news site these days!  Will only the NY Times, The WaPo, or SE BS do it for you?
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

Moore has no honor.

According to one who doesn't know the meaning of the word and has repeatedly demonstrated that fact on this very site!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline musiclady

According to one who doesn't know the meaning of the word and has repeatedly demonstrated that fact on this very site!

????????

Who's taken over your identity, Bigun?

You're saying @kevindavis has no honor??

That's ridiculous, and so far from the truth that it hurts.

Offline musiclady

THIS is what I'm talking about.

Why the loss of emotional control on this subject??   Why the need to smear people you DO know for someone you DON'T know??

Offline jpsb

I sure do.

@musiclady I posted a vid in the thread Stone Roy Moore. Have a look at it and let me know
what you think.

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,292221.msg1522732/topicseen.html#msg1522732
« Last Edit: November 22, 2017, 10:23:56 pm by jpsb »

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
????????

Who's taken over your identity, Bigun?

You're saying @kevindavis has no honor??

That's ridiculous, and so far from the truth that it hurts.

No one has taken over my identity and I said EXACTLY what I meant to say!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online roamer_1

I'm sorry, but as a mother who has raised daughters, I find this friend's supposed testimonial on Moore's behalf extremely disturbing.

A thirty something man wanting to date my 16 year old daughter because she's "pure?"

And yet it won't faze those who are seemingly emotionally in need of defending him.

There is something very wrong with the things being said in his defense.   I'm still withholding final judgment, but the more I hear the more disturbing this man's ethics become.

And again........... these are not gossipy accusers.   These are the people who think he's done nothing wrong.   :shrug:

I don't find it disturbing at all within it's context. If Moore went to go courting a virgin for the purpose of marriage, there ain't nothing wrong with that. And as @Smokin Joe already opined, anything his own age was bound to be gone by the time he got home, 10 years late to the party. Most anything worth having was married with a few kids by then.

And secondly, it was another time - My own father, in his late 20's courted and married my mother when she was 17 (you do the math for the courting time). To convict Moore, then my own father is a pervert too. And his case is by no means rare in his generation. A good gal at the time would set her sights on a man who could provide, and that ain't a boy of 18.

So no. Take the modern spin off of this, and understand country courting, and there ain't a dang thing wrong, beyond the accusations of force and underage, which are punched full of holes and weren't believable in the first place.

Online roamer_1

Moore has no honor.

PROVE IT. Because 40 years of impeccable and honorable service call you a liar.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision

First off, this is not Moore claiming this. This is a pastor, Flip Benham, who is not privy to the situation and probably doesn't know much more than you or I.

Second, purity is probably the most important virtue in finding a mate in the Christian faith, regardless of the partner's age. At the risk of being misunderstood, I'll stop there.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2017, 10:41:16 pm by jmyrlefuller »
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline musiclady

No one has taken over my identity and I said EXACTLY what I meant to say!

How strange that your loyalty to Moore has made you turn against those with differing opinions......