Author Topic: Roy Moore’s Communications Director Resigns Weeks Before Special Election  (Read 494 times)

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2017/11/roy-moores-communications-director-resigns.html

John Rogers, the man charged with leading communications efforts for Roy Moore’s Senate campaign, has resigned, Washingtonian reports. The now-former communications director confirmed his resignation to the site but wouldn’t explain why.

Moore adviser Brett Doster offered some thoughts on Rogers’s departure to Fox News though. “John just did not have the experience to deal with the press the last couple of weeks, and we’ve had to make a change,” Doster said.

The last couple of weeks, of course, have seen Moore accused of pursuing underage women when he was in his 30s and sexually assaulting at least one, who was 14 at the time.

While those allegations have sent many Republicans running from Moore, a list that now includes one staffer, President Trump’s support remains. On Tuesday, Trump offered a tacit endorsement of Moore and his campaign is already using it to raise money. His opponent Doug Jones, meanwhile, is spending money to remind voters that Moore is “immoral.”

www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOkOBm2V4nE

I'm no political genius, but I don't think that can be good news there.

Silver Pines

I wouldn't think so.  The election is, what---two weeks away?  Or three?

Sign Popehat's Yearbook‏ @Popehat
2h2 hours ago

Reportedly he's seeking to spend more time protecting his family.

Dec 12 CoA

Silver Pines

Sign Popehat's Yearbook‏ @Popehat
2h2 hours ago

Reportedly he's seeking to spend more time protecting his family.

Dec 12 CoA

@Once-Ler

No doubt, lol.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist

On the bright side you can get in on the ground floor of my new company selling tiny life jackets for rats.

On the bright side you can get in on the ground floor of my new company selling tiny life jackets for rats.
The only thing fueling the parties is their hatred of the other side.  May they all drown.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
The only thing fueling the parties is their hatred of the other side.  May they all drown.

Yup. Screw em all.

Offline kevindavis007

Yep..
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer

Two possibilities occurred to me (which doesn’t mean there aren’t others) that make sense....

- They had a fundamental disagreement about how to respond to the allegations

- Their internal numbers are disastrous
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Re: Roy Moore’s Communications Director Resigns Weeks Before Special Election
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2017, 12:05:40 am »
Two possibilities occurred to me (which doesn’t mean there aren’t others) that make sense....

Perhaps both...and maybe he knows another shoe is about to drop.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2017, 12:06:27 am by Once-Ler »

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2017, 12:09:49 am »

Could be this Communications guy was into young men in their late teens and that was diametrically to Roy's beliefs.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2017, 01:32:44 am »
Campaign advisor Brett Doster is probably why Rogers quit.....

"The Washington Post is a worthless piece of crap that has gone out of its way to railroad Roy Moore," Doster wrote in an email he described as an "on the record" statement. "There is no need for anyone at the Washington Post to ever reach out to the Roy Moore campaign again because we will not respond to anyone from the Post now or in the future. Happy Thanksgiving."

In another story......

The communications director for controversial Senate candidate Roy Moore has resigned from his position on the campaign, senior campaign adviser Brett Doster tells CNN.

Doster said Wednesday that John Rogers didn't have the experience to deal with the level of scrutiny brought on by the national press, and the campaign had to make a change.

He added that Rogers had not been dismissed but that he "didn't like playing second fiddle on the communications side."

« Last Edit: November 23, 2017, 01:33:33 am by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2017, 01:40:59 am »
For better or worse, I think Moore will end up winning... not my problem, I wouldn't vote for him or his opponent. I might write in Brooks or Strange though.

Offline endicom

« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2017, 01:57:08 am »
The next regular election for that seat is in 2020, right? If so, and Moore should prove a dog, then he'll be scratching fleas in the Senate for just three years before the next term.