Author Topic: Jameis Winston Uber Accusation: NFL, Criminal and Civil Ramifications  (Read 616 times)

rangerrebew

Jameis Winston Uber Accusation: NFL, Criminal and Civil Ramifications

The Bucs QB has been accused of inappropriately touching an Uber driver, and the NFL has launched an investigation. Here's the breakdown of the league discipline and legal issues
    The NFL has set a six-game suspension as the baseline in cases of sexual assault. This incident will be another test of the league’s investigatory process

By Michael McCann November 17, 2017

Could Tampa Bay Buccaneers quarterback Jameis Winston be in line for a six-game suspension?

https://www.si.com/nfl/2017/11/17/jameis-winston-nfl-investigation-uber-sexual-misconduct

rangerrebew

Re: Jameis Winston Uber Accusation: NFL, Criminal and Civil Ramifications
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2017, 12:39:55 pm »
What is that I hear?  Could it be?  Yes, YES.  Another racism complaint coming up from ol' Jameis. :whistle:

Offline mountaineer

Re: Jameis Winston Uber Accusation: NFL, Criminal and Civil Ramifications
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2017, 01:43:11 pm »
... In his statement, Winston said:

"I believe the driver was confused as to the number of passengers in the car and who was sitting next to her.

The accusation is false, and given the nature of the allegation and increased awareness and consideration of these types of matters, I am addressing this false report immediately. At the time of the alleged incident, I denied the allegations to Uber, yet they still decided to suspend my account.

I am supportive of the national movement to raise awareness and develop better responses to the concerns of parties who find themselves in these types of situations, but this accusation is false. While I am certain that I did not make any inappropriate contact, I don’t want to engage in a battle with the driver and I regret if my demeanor or presence made her uncomfortable in any way."   ...
My, what a remarkably well-spoken, erudite young man he is!
Hmm? What's that? It's possible his lawyer wrote this for him?

More
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org