Author Topic: Congressional Hispanic Caucus refuses membership to Cuban American lawmaker Carlos Curbelo  (Read 425 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Congressional Hispanic Caucus refuses membership to Cuban American lawmaker Carlos Curbelo

No one can credibly argue that U.S. Rep. Carlos Curbelo is not a moderate Republican. Although this is his first term in the U.S. Congress, he has not said or done anything that would say otherwise. Neither can anyone credibly argue that Curbelo is not Hispanic. He was born to Cuban exiles who took refuge in Miami after fleeing Cuba and the tyranny of the communist Castro dictatorship.

But for the Democrat controlled Congressional Hispanic Caucus, that is not enough. Yesterday, caucus members voted to deny Curbelo membership. In other words, U.S. Rep. Curbelo, a Hispanic member of congress, cannot caucus with his fellow Hispanic lawmakers in congress (via Politico):

Read more at: http://babalublog.com/2017/11/17/congressional-hispanic-caucus-refuses-membership-to-cuban-american-lawmaker-carlos-curbelo/

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
@corbe
I thought you would comment on this.

Offline corbe

@TomSea I didn't want to admit that my Family has another Black Sheep besides me...  BUT thanks for reminding me..

My GGGGGG Aunt (1729) decided screw that Texas thing King Phillip V promised, (after that boat ride from the Canary Islands) I'm staying in Havana, their first stop,    Many Curbelo's wound up in Venezuela at the turn of the last century.
     The rest of us went on to Vera Cruz, as originally planned, by boat and north to San Antonio by Ox Cart, formed the first civilian Government there and promptly tried to overthrow the Spaniards and then the Mexicans before Houston and Crockett even got here.       
     We sought refuge in Louisiana with Santa Anna on our heels which explains why the politics is so screwed up there, also, we changed our name, 23 times.

Curbelo, no doubt he is a Rubio protégée.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Frank Cannon

@TomSea I didn't want to admit that my Family has another Black Sheep besides me...  BUT thanks for reminding me..

My GGGGGG Aunt (1729) decided screw that Texas thing King Phillip V promised, (after that boat ride from the Canary Islands) I'm staying in Havana, their first stop,    Many Curbelo's wound up in Venezuela at the turn of the last century.
     The rest of us went on to Vera Cruz, as originally planned, by boat and north to San Antonio by Ox Cart, formed the first civilian Government there and promptly tried to overthrow the Spaniards and then the Mexicans before Houston and Crockett even got here.       
     We sought refuge in Louisiana with Santa Anna on our heels which explains why the politics is so screwed up there, also, we changed our name, 23 times.

Curbelo, no doubt he is a Rubio protégée.

So.....you can get me cigars.

Offline corbe

No Frank only Texas Blunts by way of Colorado.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.