Author Topic: The Trump tax calculator — will you pay more or less?  (Read 582 times)

Online libertybele

The Trump tax calculator — will you pay more or less?
« on: November 17, 2017, 12:30:59 pm »
Not going to be good for me at all -- my tax bracket actually is higher than before!   9999hair out0000

With the Senate unveiling its tax-cut legislation while House Republicans passed their version, MarketWatch has the calculator to show how the legislation would potentially impact your finances.

The legislation, called the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act, cuts individual tax rates and slashes corporate taxes, among other things.

But not everyone’s a winner. The mortgage-interest deduction is limited, and state and local income tax deductions are zapped in both the House and Senate plan. The plan from the upper chamber also eliminates the state and local property tax deduction. ......

The Trump tax calculator
Both the House and Senate now have versions of the bill that President Trump labels the biggest tax cut in history. Here's an estimate on how the legislation would affect you in the first year following its enactment.****.......... (access article for estimate)

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/the-new-trump-tax-calculator-what-do-you-owe-2017-10-26
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline MajorClay

Re: The Trump tax calculator — will you pay more or less?
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2017, 02:33:11 pm »
A lot of smoke and mirrors and angst to get this passed.  Not a big dif for us either way. :shrug:

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2017, 02:47:01 pm »
Not going to be good for me at all -- my tax bracket actually is higher than before!   9999hair out0000

With the Senate unveiling its tax-cut legislation while House Republicans passed their version, MarketWatch has the calculator to show how the legislation would potentially impact your finances.

The legislation, called the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act, cuts individual tax rates and slashes corporate taxes, among other things.

But not everyone’s a winner. The mortgage-interest deduction is limited, and state and local income tax deductions are zapped in both the House and Senate plan. The plan from the upper chamber also eliminates the state and local property tax deduction. ......

The Trump tax calculator
Both the House and Senate now have versions of the bill that President Trump labels the biggest tax cut in history. Here's an estimate on how the legislation would affect you in the first year following its enactment.****.......... (access article for estimate)

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/the-new-trump-tax-calculator-what-do-you-owe-2017-10-26

This is a horrible idea. GOP is in for a shellacking in the midterms.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2017, 02:50:52 pm »
As I have been telling you from the beginning, there is not even a tiny bit of actual REFORM in this! Just more Washington Smoke and Mirrors trying to give folks the impression that they are doing something while actually doing not much of anything at all!

For so long as the Marxist income tax remains a part of our tax code WE will all remain slaves subject to the whims of our masters in Washington!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2017, 02:52:10 pm »
As I have been telling you from the beginning, there is not even a tiny bit of actual REFORM in this! Just more Washington Smoke and Mirrors trying to give folks the impression that they are doing something while actually doing not much of anything at all!

For so long as the Marxist income tax remains a part of our tax code WE will all remain slaves subject to the whims of our masters in Washington!

I think you hit the nail on the head on this one. GOP is very ill-advised on this.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2017, 03:01:40 pm »

There is little left of the tax bill that was written by Stephen Moore and Larry Kudlow and first presented by Donald Trump.

If anyone has any issues with the version that passed the House, blame congress. The Trump plan was simpler and with deeper cuts. But, remember the president doesn’t write the final bill the members vote on.