Author Topic: Toilet Found In 3,000-Year-Old Shrine Verifies Bible Stories Against Idol Worship  (Read 1322 times)

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Archaeologists have discovered a symbolic toilet from the eighth century B.C. in Jerusalem that could be a clue to religious reforms in the Kingdom of Judah. Religious reforms, in this case, is a euphemism for quite literally defecating on the holy places one wishes to drive out of business.

The stone toilet sits in Tel Lachish, a sprawling Iron Age city and the Kingdom of Judah's most important one after the capitol, Jerusalem. It was found in what the archaeologists believe to be a gate-shrine within Israel's largest ancient city gate. The ruler at that time, King Hezekiah, enacted campaigns of religious worship and reform that made their way into the Hebrew Bible on multiple occasions.

In one corner of the shrine sits a stone seat with a hole in the center. The archaeologists believe that not only is it definitely a toilet, it’s a toilet that was installed for the express purpose of literally desecrating the shrine. Hezekiah, it seems, was just following instructions against idol worship in the scriptures:

“Then they demolished the pillar of Baal, and destroyed the temple of Baal, and made it a latrine to this day” (2 Kings 10:27).

https://www.yahoo.com/news/toilet-found-3-000-old-192932972.html
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer

Looks uncomfortable and chilly.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.

The stone should hold the heat from daytime. 'chilly' differs (I have used outhouses at -50F, so anything that won't frost burn your nether parts is useable to me.)
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Joe Wooten

The stone should hold the heat from daytime. 'chilly' differs (I have used outhouses at -50F, so anything that won't frost burn your nether parts is useable to me.)

Yeah, not only at subzero temperatures, but ones so old that there was snow drifts inside blown in through the gaps between the boards. You  do not lollygag, do your business and get out and back to the fire..........

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Archaeologists have discovered a symbolic toilet from the eighth century B.C. in Jerusalem that could be a clue to religious reforms in the Kingdom of Judah. Religious reforms, in this case, is a euphemism for quite literally defecating on the holy places one wishes to drive out of business.

The stone toilet sits in Tel Lachish, a sprawling Iron Age city and the Kingdom of Judah's most important one after the capitol, Jerusalem. It was found in what the archaeologists believe to be a gate-shrine within Israel's largest ancient city gate. The ruler at that time, King Hezekiah, enacted campaigns of religious worship and reform that made their way into the Hebrew Bible on multiple occasions.

In one corner of the shrine sits a stone seat with a hole in the center. The archaeologists believe that not only is it definitely a toilet, it’s a toilet that was installed for the express purpose of literally desecrating the shrine. Hezekiah, it seems, was just following instructions against idol worship in the scriptures:

“Then they demolished the pillar of Baal, and destroyed the temple of Baal, and made it a latrine to this day” (2 Kings 10:27).

https://www.yahoo.com/news/toilet-found-3-000-old-192932972.html

I thought all those references to "The Throne" were just a joke... :shrug:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
An excellent way to make a statement.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon

It seems what the men of eighth century B.C. lacked in cheek width they more than made up for in other area's.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline roamer_1

Yeah, not only at subzero temperatures, but ones so old that there was snow drifts inside blown in through the gaps between the boards. You  do not lollygag, do your business and get out and back to the fire..........

LOL! Been there, done that. Used the corn cob.

:beer:

Offline roamer_1

You sit on that thing in -50, you'll be there till morning... Ad you'll leave parts behind when they pry you off..

Offline Smokin Joe

Catalog, newspaper, just avoid the slick pages (guess how they got that name).

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

You sit on that thing in -50, you'll be there till morning... Ad you'll leave parts behind when they pry you off..
Strips of newspaper (or toilet paper) keep you from leaving skin behind!

C S Lewis

Offline roamer_1

Strips of newspaper (or toilet paper) keep you from leaving skin behind!

I just brought a life preserver out with me... Makes for a nice cushion, and retains a bit of warmth... It hung on a peg by the door all winter long.

Offline Smokin Joe

I just brought a life preserver out with me... Makes for a nice cushion, and retains a bit of warmth... It hung on a peg by the door all winter long.
I never thought of that! 888high58888 :beer:

C S Lewis

Offline Joe Wooten

:beer: :beer:

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."