Author Topic: Trump Is Standing By Roy Moore: "We Don't Need A Liberal Democrat In That Seat"  (Read 2408 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Most coverage of what Trump said today don't seem to phrase it the way Zero Hedge does.  Trump basically said the way it was. I am not sure if Trump is standing by Moore. I'm not going to bring up other articles on this but they are out there.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Didn't his other pastor friend say something like you'd be amazed how many fourteen-year-olds look twenty?

You may be referring to this.......

http://theweek.com/speedreads/738842/alabama-pastor-defends-roy-moore-by-saying-some-14yearolds--could-pass-20
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
You may be referring to this.......

http://theweek.com/speedreads/738842/alabama-pastor-defends-roy-moore-by-saying-some-14yearolds--could-pass-20
That's the one. I thought Moore and that pastor were friends, but maybe not . . .

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Good.  I'm glad to see someone from the GOP standing by him; obviously Trump must have reason to believe him...or he realizes how exactly Mitch McConnell maneuvers.

I think Trump is right on this.

It's a dangerous precedent to let last minute trumped up charges deprive a guy from a Senate seat he has won fairly.  Well, he was on pace to win it fairly.

The dems are particularly vulnerable on this as there are so many dem predators.

The charges were old, weird and totally unproven.

I'm glad President Trump is not caving to pressure here.

Kudos to him.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline edpc

It's a dangerous precedent to let last minute trumped up charges deprive a guy from a Senate seat he has won fairly.  Well, he was on pace to win it fairly.

Well, here’s the problem:  Your average Roy Moore voter is, at best, suspicious of the media.  If the story is causing so many problems for him, they’re either spineless dupes or they have reason to think there may be something wrong with Moore.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Well, here’s the problem:  Your average Roy Moore voter is, at best, suspicious of the media.  If the story is causing so many problems for him, they’re either spineless dupes or they have reason to think there may be something wrong with Moore.

Well, duh, I'm suspicious of the media.  You're not?

And it's not causing as many problems for Moore as you hope or think.  Most people on Facebook support him.

And implying that an entire state is populated by ignorant hicks is neither true nor kind, unless, of course, you're referring to California.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline edpc

Well, duh, I'm suspicious of the media.  You're not?

And it's not causing as many problems for Moore as you hope or think.  Most people on Facebook support him.

And implying that an entire state is populated by ignorant hicks is neither true nor kind, unless, of course, you're referring to California.

You have an amazing knack for missing the point, which is - if they don't believe the reports, why have his numbers suffered?

Offline GrouchoTex

I do not think Trump is right on this.
When he remarked, let Alabama decide, he was right.
Either standing by or denouncing him was a bad political move with no upside.
Walking away and doing neither, and leaving it up to the voters of Alabama was his best option.
He just couldn't hold to it, for some reason.

Offline edpc

I do not think Trump is right on this.
When he remarked, let Alabama decide, he was right.
Either standing by or denouncing him was a bad political move with no upside.
Walking away and doing neither, and leaving it up to the voters of Alabama was his best option.
He just couldn't hold to it, for some reason.

You can't rely on him in any sense.

We have to be loyal in life,” Trump said. “There is something called loyalty, and I might have made a mistake and I’ll be honest, I might have made a mistake.”

Trump appeared in Alabama for a campaign rally for Strange, despite polling showing him still lagging behind his primary challenger conservative Judge Roy Moore.

Trump predicted that if Strange lost, his political opponents and the media would cite it as a big loss for Trump, but that he wanted to repay the appointed senator for his loyal support in the Senate.

“Both are good men,” Trump said, referring to Strange and Moore.

He specified that his decision was about loyalty and picking a candidate that could win in a general election.

So, basically, he endorsed Strange, but really didn't, might have made a mistake, because they're both good men, but it's up to Alabama, but we don't need a liberal. 

Dizzy yet?

Trump is a political weather vane that shifts easily and rarely gets called out on his bullshit by people who should know better.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2017, 04:49:22 am by edpc »

Offline GrouchoTex

You can't rely on him in any sense.

We have to be loyal in life,” Trump said. “There is something called loyalty, and I might have made a mistake and I’ll be honest, I might have made a mistake.”

Trump appeared in Alabama for a campaign rally for Strange, despite polling showing him still lagging behind his primary challenger conservative Judge Roy Moore.

Trump predicted that if Strange lost, his political opponents and the media would cite it as a big loss for Trump, but that he wanted to repay the appointed senator for his loyal support in the Senate.

“Both are good men,” Trump said, referring to Strange and Moore.

He specified that his decision was about loyalty and picking a candidate that could win in a general election.

So, basically, he endorsed Strange, but really didn't, might have made a mistake, because they're both good men, but it's up to Alabama, but we don't need a liberal. 

Dizzy yet?

Trump is a political weather vane that shifts easily and rarely gets called out on his bullshit by people who should know better.

Trump is for what makes Trump look good, which is why he should have let this one go. He looks bad by supporting Moore and he looks bad by not supporting Moore.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran

Right here on this site, a member called Alabama voters "gap-toothed hicks," only days ago.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline corbe

Right here on this site, a member called Alabama voters "gap-toothed hicks," only days ago.

That was a very poor characterization of the Great people of Alabama @truth_seeker and that guy has since been banned, again.
   I trust these folks to do the right thing, it is THEIR Senator, after all. Unfortunately it boils down to the lessor of two evils for them.
   As our President so frequently tweets,  SAD!
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
We don't need a Communist (aka democrat) in ANY Senate seat ever again IMHO!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien