Author Topic: Trump Is Standing By Roy Moore: "We Don't Need A Liberal Democrat In That Seat"  (Read 2428 times)

Offline Fantom

Random Capitalizators of the World Unite!!

:amen:  All you're Bases are Belong to US ....now.   set Me up The Bomb!
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline skeeter

Elvis died the day he went in the Army.---John Lennon.

And, except for those great Memphis sessions of 1967-68, it's true musically.

Just as Sinatra died after he left Columbia.

IMHO.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Maybe he could tell the good people of Alabama to vote their conscience.   :laugh:

I'll drink to that!  :beer:
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline corbe

It's another Moore Thread, right?

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
I’m not, partially because he was dead before I had any real interest in music.  Also, because my parents were huge fans and played his Hawaii concert endlessly on the reel-to-reel.

Visited Graceland in 1996, because I was in Memphis and it’s almost obligatory.  Probably the saddest mansion I’ve ever seen.

Elvis was dead to me from the moment I DID develop a serious interest in music.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline roamer_1

12-14 seems to be the consensus by most theologist. The Bible is not clear on this. Betrothal age at the time is all there is to go by. Young was the rule.

Anyways, was making a point. Not really interested, one way or another, on how old Mary was.

No... A woman had to be of age - capable of the legal standing to sign a ketuba (marriage contract).  There are two different things - 'Of age', when one is capable of knowing and being responsible for sins - That is roughly puberty. But capable of legal standing is some time more. It isn't sure, but fairly certainly somewhere in the 15+ range, and with the consent of her father.

Your theologsts will tell you the woman was forced into betrothal - which may have happened among gentry and royalty, but no, as a rule, young fools fell in love, just like today.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2017, 01:55:42 am by roamer_1 »

Offline Fantom

No... A woman had to be of age - capable of the legal standing to sign a ketuba (marriage contract).  There are two different things - 'Of age', when one is capable of knowing and being responsible for sins - That is roughly puberty. But capable of legal standing is some time more. It isn't sure, but fairly certainly somewhere in the 15+ range, and with the consent of her father.

Your theologsts will tell you the woman was forced into betrothal - which may have happened among gentry and royalty, but no, as a rule, young fools fell in love, just like today.

Thanxs for the Info ... @roamer_1 .
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
Just as Sinatra died after he left Columbia.

IMHO.
I thought Sinatra was re-born after leaving Columbia for Capitol and died after
leaving Capitol. (Though a lot of his earlier Columbia sides still hold nicely, I still
think he was never better than when he sang in front of a big, fat, swinging jazz
ensemble, not that cotton-candy fluff his Columbia arranger Stordahl mostly
saddled him with.)
« Last Edit: November 22, 2017, 02:06:13 am by EasyAce »

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline Fantom

It's another Moore Thread, right?

LOL.... now THAT was funny!  :patriot: :thud:

And she liked it!...Tells you about women. Nature has it's way.

Frederick Douglass

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Maybe he could tell the good people of Alabama to vote their conscience.   :laugh:

Trumpers will never go for that.  They all know for sure that's Cruz-speak for "Bleep this guy."  Last time that was tried they all flew into an uncontrollable rage.  Many still haven't gotten over it.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Trumpers will never go for that.  They all know for sure that's Cruz-speak for "Bleep this guy."  Last time that was tried they all flew into an uncontrollable rage.  Many still haven't gotten over it.

May as well go all in on the sexual misconduct front and quote Spacey from HoC....

“Vote your district, vote your conscience, don't surprise me. And the most important one of those is don't surprise me."

I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline RoosGirl

Yeah, that's why I brought it up.   :smokin:

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

I figured as much....I enjoyed the brief stroll down Memory Lane.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused

And plenty from Cruz's homestate but if all you can do is pass the blame around, we know Cruz endorsed Romney too; but all, well, many of the so-called Cruzers seem to now, look the other way on things like that, withdrawing the endorsement from Moore and saying such acts could be prosecuted criminally if so and so forth. Voting for the healthcare bill and etc. etc. etc.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2017, 02:21:54 am by TomSea »

Offline TomSea

Oh yeah? So the alleged Cruzers are whining again, actually support Mitt in 2012?  :smokin:

Silver Pines

As long as we’re going to derive our cultural norms from Middle Eastern society of several thousand years ago, you men need to start wearing robes and sandals, and you’re going to have to give up your vehicles and learn the fine art of camel riding.  And dinner?  Charred goat meat and a hard piece of flatbread.  Because you can’t just pick and choose, you know.

At least now we know Moore’s motivation for going after young girls.  His pastor friend says that he wanted them for their “purity.”

Offline edpc

Cruz endorsed Romney too; but all the so-called Cruzers seem to now, look the other way on things like that.....

Trump voters had to look away from so many of his previous statements and positions, it required neck flexibility Linda Blair would envy.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2017, 02:22:36 am by edpc »

Offline RoosGirl

Oh yeah? So the alleged Cruzers are whining again, actually support Mitt in 2012?  :smokin:

Who's whining?  I hate whiners.

Offline RoosGirl

Awesome!  @TomSea helped me turn this from a Roy Moore thread to a Trump vs Cruz thread.  I mean, either way it's a win, but we haven't had a good Trump vs. Cruz thread in a long time.  I'm starting to get Moore burnout.

Offline TomSea

Trump voters had to look away from so many of his previous statements and positions, it required neck flexibility Linda Blair would envy.
I'll take results over words, it's action that counts, we know what talks.

Yeah, really makes pro-lifers sad, hey if one is a Social Conservative, we have an administration that is called the most pro-life administration ever.

Trump is now, one of the most accomplished Conservatives in the country.  But make excuses if that is all one has.

Offline TomSea

Trump has now accomplished more for Conservatism than anyone I can think of. There are other notables, Gingrich and so on. Trump may have done more for Conservatism than anyone since Reagan. But if you've got words, go for it.  I'll take results.

Offline corbe

@TomSea

I agree that the 'vote your conscience' was a bunch of BS.  I wanted him to tell Trump and his GOP to go eff themselves. 
      If Judge Moore gets elected in AL it proves you don't need the establishment to win, at least at that level. 
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline edpc

I'll take results over words, it's action that counts, we know what talks.

Yeah, really makes pro-lifers sad, hey if one is a Social Conservative, we have an administration that is called the most pro-life administration ever.

Trump is now, one of the most accomplished Conservatives in the country.  But make excuses if that is all one has.

Trump cited Reagan as an example of someone who could “con people” but couldn’t “deliver the goods.” Trump said Reagan was “so smooth” that he “won over the American people.” But at the conclusion of his presidency, “people are beginning to question whether there is anything beneath that smile.”

May as well be written on a boomerang.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Awesome!  @TomSea helped me turn this from a Roy Moore thread to a Trump vs Cruz thread.  I mean, either way it's a win, but we haven't had a good Trump vs. Cruz thread in a long time.  I'm starting to get Moore burnout.

When it comes to getting Tom foaming at the mouth about Cruz, you have no peer.  I can only pretend. :smokin:
I will NOT comply.

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
As long as we’re going to derive our cultural norms from Middle Eastern society of several thousand years ago, you men need to start wearing robes and sandals, and you’re going to have to give up your vehicles and learn the fine art of camel riding.  And dinner?  Charred goat meat and a hard piece of flatbread.  Because you can’t just pick and choose, you know.
What's for breakfast? Camel Krispies? ;)

At least now we know Moore’s motivation for going after young girls.  His pastor friend says that he wanted them for their “purity.”
Didn't his other pastor friend say something like you'd be amazed how many fourteen-year-olds look twenty?

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.