Author Topic: Entire U.S. House to face mandatory training to avoid sexual harassment and discrimination  (Read 428 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Entire U.S. House to face mandatory training to avoid sexual harassment and discrimination
Washington Times, Nov 14, 2017, Stephen Dinan

House Speaker Paul D. Ryan said Tuesday that the entire U.S. House will now face mandatory training to avoid sexual harassment and discrimination, moving to address the growing national scandal over behavior ranging from the boorish to the criminal.

His comments came hours after a House committee held a hearing on harassment, in which lawmakers told their own stories of being sexually harassed or assaulted.

Mr. Ryan said the House will now have a policy of mandatory training for every lawmaker and every staffer.

“Our goal is not only to raise awareness, but also make abundantly clear that harassment in any form has no place in this institution,” he said.

More: https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/nov/14/ryan-mandates-anti-sexual-harassment-training/

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Good!  Perhaps that will hold them up from screwing us any further for a few hours!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline musiclady

That's not going to do any good, since it's now clear that even conservative men think it's no big deal..... :shrug:
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Good!  Perhaps that will hold them up from screwing us any further for a few hours!

Just start the training after tax reform is passed.   ^-^

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Almost all Fortune 500 companies did this in the late '80's to early '90's, and congress is just now getting around to it? **nononono*
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.