Author Topic: Two reporters are in Alabama trying to discredit Roy Moore’s accusers. They haven’t found much.  (Read 1750 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
by Theodore Kupfer
 November 14, 2017 10:45 AM

@theodorekupfer

Two reporters are in Alabama trying to discredit Roy Moore’s accusers.

They haven’t found much. Roy Moore is a Steve Bannon fantasy candidate. He’s an insurgent populist, a self-described renegade who shares Bannon’s arsonist attitude toward the Republican establishment and cares little for the proprieties of D.C. Or the basic standards of a civilized society, apparently, given that two women have accused Moore of criminal sexual assault and three more say he tried to “date” them when they were teenagers and he was in his thirties.

But to Bannon, who has returned to a leadership role at Breitbart since leaving the Trump administration, deviance is working alongside Mitch McConnell, not setting a conduct bar so low that even Anthony Weiner can clear it. Bannon won’t let Moore’s odiousness stand in the way of his burn-it-down dreams: He’s a Leninist, a fire-starter, and he’s got a trick up his sleeve.

Read more at: http://www.nationalreview.com/article/453712/roy-moore-breitbart-tries-fails-discredit-accusers
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Sounds like he hates Breitbart more than he cares about the truth surrounding Moore, who he also seems to hate because Breitbart likes him.

Looks like Breitbart operates rent free in his head.
The Republic is lost.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
The man is done, no matter what happens in the election.  He’s been politically hobbled and will probably be at least censured, if not outright expelled.  THAT would be the one feeble thing the Senate passes.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2017, 08:39:00 pm by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
The excerpted text says nothing related to title. What did the reporters do, what did they find?

If all of the left, and half the right succeed in taking Moore out, they WILL BE BACK soon for another kill.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Frank Cannon

The man is done, no matter what happens in the election.  He’s been politically hobbled and will probably be at least censured, if not outright expelled.  THAT would be the one feeble thing the Senate passes.

The Senate can't do shit to him if he wins. They are just throwing shit against the wall to see if it sticks.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
The excerpted text says nothing related to title. What did the reporters do, what did they find?

If all of the left, and half the right succeed in taking Moore out, they WILL BE BACK soon for another kill.

Correction, ALL the Left, most of the Establishment Oligarchy and a handful of the Right succeed in taking Moore out...
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline DiogenesLamp

I said this very thing when we allowed McConnell and company to run those racist attack ads against Chris McDaniel in Mississippi.   

And here we are. 

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready

I said this very thing when we allowed McConnell and company to run those racist attack ads against Chris McDaniel in Mississippi.   

And here we are.

Some of us have not forgotten.

Hell, even GOP - Water-Boy Limbaugh noted the truth of what is going on here:

Limbaugh: ‘Search-and-Destroy Mission’ Against Roy Moore Is Really Mitch McConnell Sending Message

Tuesday on his nationally syndicated radio show, conservative talker Rush Limbaugh said the recent sexual misconduct allegations aimed at former Alabama Supreme Court Chief Justice Roy Moore had been inspired by Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY), who had backed Moore’s former opponent Sen. Luther Strange (R-AL) in the earlier primary contests.

Limbaugh explained how it was his opinion those charges were meant to send a message to former Donald Trump chief strategist and Breitbart chief executive Steve Bannon, who has publicly said he seeks to take on all Republicans that back McConnell as Senate Majority Leader.

“Whether Judge Moore did the deed or deeds or not, what’s really happening here folks, if you really want to know – it’s a multi-faceted search-and-destroy mission here,” Limbaugh said.

This is the Oligarchy essentially telling the voting public that they are going to choose our rulers for us, because we cannot be trusted because voting for anyone but whom they tell us to is "a bridge too far" (to quote Bob Corker (R) TN).

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author

This is the Oligarchy essentially telling the voting public that they are going to choose our rulers for us, because we cannot be trusted because voting for anyone but whom they tell us to is "a bridge too far" (to quote Bob Corker (R) TN).

:amen:
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

• Wulf Anson Author
The Senate can't do shit to him if he wins. They are just throwing shit against the wall to see if it sticks.

:amen: Again!
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

Offline edpc

The Senate can't do shit to him if he wins.

Of course they can - the two options I previously mentioned.  He’s already being treated like hazmat material.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

EXACTLY!!!  And it didn't start with Roy Moore!  If I could vote in Alabama I would vote for Roy Moore just to say "UP YOUR'S" to the likes of Mitch McConnell and Bob Corker!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Frank Cannon

Of course they can - the two options I previously mentioned.  He’s already being treated like hazmat material.

You need to have cause to do it. Roy hasn't done anything illegal. Roy hasn't been convicted. Roy hasn't done shit. Also I do not see any rebuke of Menendez and he has been arrested and is on trial. How is the Senate going to explain that to the voters of AL?

Offline Applewood

I wouldn't be at all surprised if McConnell and company tries to prevent Moore from taking his seat in the senate, if he wins.  But if they do, I expect they will have opened an industrial size can of wupp-azz.  The party is in trouble now.  Try to deny a duly elected Senator from taking his seat and the party will be doomed.  They can kiss their majorities in the Senate and House -- and maybe even the presidency -- goodbye.

• Wulf Anson Author

Fine. The procedure for Censure and/or Expulsion is predicated upon a Senator's behavior AS A Senator, NOT what he is accused of doing BEFORE he became a Senator.

Unless they can prove he's dating girls who are underage AS A Senator,  Frank Cannon's right. They can't Censure or Expel him.

Even if All of the salacious accusations from decades ago against him are are true, which I very much doubt, Roy Moore was NOT a U.S. Senator then.

• Wulf Anson Author

Corker's analogy is BS.

Operation Market Garden wasn't a disaster because of the British Troops themselves but because of their Commander, Montgomery and the other idiots who planned the operation.

Paging Field Marshall McConnell.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
You need to have cause to do it. Roy hasn't done anything illegal. Roy hasn't been convicted. Roy hasn't done shit. Also I do not see any rebuke of Menendez and he has been arrested and is on trial. How is the Senate going to explain that to the voters of AL?

Well first of all, Menendez is a Democrat and that is expected and okay. 

Alinsky's rule No. 4 only applies to Conservatives or anyone opposed to the Democrat agenda.

And both party leaderships understand that application and perform it well.

Offline Frank Cannon

I wouldn't be at all surprised if McConnell and company tries to prevent Moore from taking his seat in the senate, if he wins.  But if they do, I expect they will have opened an industrial size can of wupp-azz.  The party is in trouble now.  Try to deny a duly elected Senator from taking his seat and the party will be doomed.  They can kiss their majorities in the Senate and House -- and maybe even the presidency -- goodbye.

Mitch has opened a door here that will get every last one of these slugs thrown out of office. We are now using 40 year old yearbooks and rumors about hanging out at the mall as evidence of full blown rape. Now Mitch wants to decide that an elected Senator can't represent his state because they don't like him, while Bob Menendez is arrested, on trial and has numerous underage hookers on record saying he loves him some pre teen.

If the Senate does this, what stops the Rats from deciding that any elected GOPer shouldn't be seated if they control things? The precedence will have been set after this bullshit.

Offline edpc

Fine. The procedure for Censure and/or Expulsion is predicated upon a Senator's behavior AS A Senator, NOT what he is accused of doing BEFORE he became a Senator.

Unless they can prove he's dating girls who are underage AS A Senator,  Frank Cannon's right. They can't Censure or Expel him.

Even if All of the salacious accusations from decades ago against him are are true, which I very much doubt, Roy Moore was NOT a U.S. Senator then.

Explain it to Senator Cory Gardner.....

“I believe the individuals speaking out against Roy Moore spoke with courage and truth, proving he is unfit to serve in the United States Senate and he should not run for office,” Gardner said in a statement. “If he refuses to withdraw and wins, the Senate should vote to expel him, because he does not meet the ethical and moral requirements of the United States Senate.”

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2017/11/new-gop-plan-elect-moore-so-that-he-can-be-expelled.html?mid=twitter_dailyintelligencer

Online roamer_1

EXACTLY!!!  And it didn't start with Roy Moore!  If I could vote in Alabama I would vote for Roy Moore just to say "UP YOUR'S" to the likes of Mitch McConnell and Bob Corker!

Which is likely just what Bama's gonna do.

• Wulf Anson Author

Explain it to Senator Cory Gardner.....

“I believe the individuals speaking out against Roy Moore spoke with courage and truth, proving he is unfit to serve in the United States Senate and he should not run for office,” Gardner said in a statement. “If he refuses to withdraw and wins, the Senate should vote to expel him, because he does not meet the ethical and moral requirements of the United States Senate.”

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2017/11/new-gop-plan-elect-moore-so-that-he-can-be-expelled.html?mid=twitter_dailyintelligencer

"The Ethical and Moral Requirements of the Senate?"

And you expect me to take this guy seriously?

After the Ethics and Morals they've shown us?

Tell this pontificating Blowhard to explain Barbara Boxer as the Dem maj Chairperson of the Senate Ethics Committee and WHY she retired when the Senate maj changed hands, booting her out of the position best suited to Tank any investigations of her own Party's Scoundrels.

Offline edpc

And you expect me to take this guy seriously?

I don’t expect you to do anything.  There’s a difference between what you and I might want and the way things are.  Presently, 6 other republican senators that have piled on besides Gardner.  I don’t think McConnell would need to look hard to find an additional 12 to join the eager 48 on the other side.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2017, 10:47:08 pm by edpc »

• Wulf Anson Author
Ethical and Moral Requirements?

When you're dealing with an opposition Party that positions itself as the Only Hope Black Americans have to save them from the Republicans?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FoekBjhtWE

Gen George Patton didn't defeat the German Army in Europe by showing them his Moral and Ethical Superiority.

And we're right back to the 'At Least We're not Democrats' argument. We're Better than they are.'

Which in English means, 'We'll Sell Out the people who elected us rather than Stand Up, Fight, and Defeat the people Our Supporters want Stopped."

The only thing that strategy has gotten us is to be beaten into a ditch, bloodied, bruised, and ruined.

• Wulf Anson Author
I don’t expect you to do anything.  There’s a difference between what you and I might want and the way things are.  Presently, 6 other republican senators that have piled on besides Gardner.  I don’t think McConnell would need to look hard to find an additional 12 to join the eager 48 on the other side.

Boy oh boy does That ever sum it up.

Cave, and run for the cameras and favorable Op-Eds in 'Extremist, Right Wing/SSSSS' opinion mills like NRO.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.

No one woke up dead in his Oldsmobile, either.

Consider fourteen of the fifteen Senators ever expelled from the US Senate were expelled over their positions in the War between the States, and included the Former Vice President and Senator who carried the South against Lincoln (Breckinridge) in 1860, all expelled for supporting the Confederacy in 1861 and 1862.

Since then, no US Senator has been expelled.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis