Author Topic: 60,000 join far-right march on Poland's Independence Day  (Read 646 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
60,000 join far-right march on Poland's Independence Day
« on: November 12, 2017, 09:37:47 pm »
60,000 join far-right march on Poland's Independence Day
ABC News

Tens of thousands of nationalists marched in a demonstration organized by far-right groups in Warsaw Saturday, as Poles celebrated their country's Independence Day.

The far-right march was one of many events marking Poland's rebirth as a nation in 1918 after being wiped off the map for 123 years. Earlier in the day, President Andrzej Duda presided over state ceremonies also attended by European Union president Donald Tusk, a former Polish prime minister.

But the march has become the largest Independence Day event in recent years, overshadowing official state observances and other patriotic events. Some participants expressed sympathy for xenophobic or white supremacist ideas, with one banner reading, "White Europe of brotherly nations."

Continued at: http://abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory/eus-tusk-joins-independence-day-events-polish-homeland-51081272

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: 60,000 join far-right march on Poland's Independence Day
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2017, 11:54:22 pm »
Consider the source of this article -- abc news.

Hence, any large turnout to celebrate "Polish" independence -- heck, any turnout at all -- will be deemed to have come from "the far right".

So, if Poles want to march in support of their independence as a now-free nation, that's "nationalist"? Well, of course! What's wrong with that?

Oh, the Poles happen to be (cough, choke) WHITE as well.

Does that make them "white nationalists"?

How.... terrible... that a nation comprised of white folks would march celebrating their freedom and independence.

Umm...
Wasn't that something that folks in THIS country did every fourth of July up until about five decades ago....?

Offline The_Reader_David

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2017, 01:09:30 am »
In Europe, to be "far right" it suffices to be opposed to unfettered immigration from the Muslim world or critical of Islam.  Witness Geert Wilders who, were it not for the position he has staked out regarding the totalitarian nature of Islam and the problems created by Muslim immigrants, would be a centrist in European terms (a bit leftist in American terms), but thanks to those positions is a "far right extremist".

So are these "far right" Poles neo-Nazis or Wilders-style liberals who recognized the illiberal nature of Islam?
And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.

Offline KingsX

• Be yourself. No one can say you're doing it wrong.
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2017, 01:24:24 am »

In Europe, to be "far right" it suffices to be opposed to unfettered immigration from the Muslim world or critical of Islam.  Witness Geert Wilders who, were it not for the position he has staked out regarding the totalitarian nature of Islam and the problems created by Muslim immigrants, would be a centrist in European terms (a bit leftist in American terms), but thanks to those positions is a "far right extremist".

So are these "far right" Poles neo-Nazis or Wilders-style liberals who recognized the illiberal nature of Islam?

Don't you think it curious that White nationalism is [supposedly] being touted in  [former?] Warsaw Pact European nations ??

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warsaw_Pact

I'm sure there are many good well-meaning true-believers in so-called European "right-wing White nationalist" groups... and all power to them.

But Geert Wilders is an agent provocateur snake in the grass [who probably works for Putin]... who came to my Texas hometown to intentionally cause trouble.

« Last Edit: November 13, 2017, 01:26:47 am by KingsX »

Offline TomSea

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2017, 01:41:40 am »

Don't you think it curious that White nationalism is [supposedly] being touted in  [former?] Warsaw Pact European nations ??

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warsaw_Pact

I'm sure there are many good well-meaning true-believers in so-called European "right-wing White nationalist" groups... and all power to them.

But Geert Wilders is an agent provocateur snake in the grass [who probably works for Putin]... who came to my Texas hometown to intentionally cause trouble.

So you are talking about that Mohammad cartoon contest with Pamela Geller and Robert Spencer I assume?  That's an interesting take. You certainly have an interesting posts per the Russians. It's still not clear what your stance is.  Right now, we are a bit in a lull in the world news forum posts.  Maybe it will pick up again soon.

Offline KingsX

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2017, 01:42:59 am »

Orban PM of Hungary [another former Warsaw Pact nation] is another example. I have read many of his speeches on his PM website.  He stands up in opposition to the EU's destructive third world immigration policy, as he should.  But then he will turn around and tout Muslims and other third worlders already living in Hungary. So he only appears to be a "White Nationalist" as a way to undermine the EU... and it is no surprise he is overtly allied with Putin.

« Last Edit: November 13, 2017, 01:44:42 am by KingsX »

Online dfwgator

« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2017, 01:55:55 am »
ABC News can kiss my big white Polish dupa.

Offline KingsX

« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2017, 01:59:38 am »

So you are talking about that Mohammad cartoon contest with Pamela Geller and Robert Spencer I assume?  That's an interesting take. You certainly have an interesting posts per the Russians. It's still not clear what your stance is.  Right now, we are a bit in a lull in the world news forum posts.  Maybe it will pick up again soon.

It's not just my take,  Garland's mayor also said as much... that foreign and out-of-state political activists came to Garland, Texas to intentionally incite and cause trouble.

I have already outed myself here as a White racist. That does give me a unique perspective.  I am able to see the devil in the details that others might not. 

My take is that Putin is using his left hand leftists to promote destructive divisive third world immigration into Europe... and using his right hand to incite "right-wing White nationalism"... the clash between the two serves to undermine the EU and NATO.  Former NATO chief Breedlove said that Putin had "weaponized" the "Syrian" refugees pouring into Europe.  Ironically,  some of those refugees turned out to be Russian nationals [Chechen Muslims.]  Putin has over 20 million Muslims in Russia... plenty to create a demographic fifth-column army inside the EU and the US.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2017, 01:59:43 am »
ABC News can kiss my big white Polish dupa.

I'm not sure if Drudge linked to it, there are stories on it all over the place.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2017, 02:01:22 am »
Thousands of people paraded through the streets of Warsaw in a march organized by Polish far-right groups to mark the country's Independence Day on November 11. The holiday commemorates the 99th anniversary of Poland regaining national sovereignty in 1918 after being split among Prussia, Austria-Hungary, and Russia. (TVN via Reuters, AP)

(Video)  https://www.rferl.org/a/poland-nationalists-march-independence-day/28849547.html

Offline KingsX

« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2017, 02:08:21 am »

Here's another recent example:

A Russian Facebook page organized a protest in Texas. A different Russian page launched the counterprotest.

Newly released Facebook ads revealed Wednesday show that two Russian-linked Facebook groups organized opposing protests last year at the same time outside an Islamic center in Houston.

Nov. 1, 2017

Federal lawmakers on Wednesday released samples of 3,000 Facebook ads purchased by Russian operatives during the 2016 presidential campaign. The ads conveyed the wide range of influence Russian-linked groups tried to enact on Americans – but one set of ads in particular hit close to home.

Last year, two Russian Facebook pages organized dueling rallies in front of the Islamic Da’wah Center of Houston, according to information released by U.S. Sen. Richard Burr, a North Carolina Republican.

Heart of Texas, a Russian-controlled Facebook group that promoted Texas secession, leaned into an image of the state as a land of guns and barbecue and amassed hundreds of thousands of followers. One of their ads on Facebook announced a noon rally on May 21, 2016 to “Stop Islamification of Texas.”

A separate Russian-sponsored group, United Muslims of America, advertised a “Save Islamic Knowledge” rally for the same place and time.

On that day, protesters organized by the two groups showed up on Travis Street in downtown Houston, a scene that appeared on its face to be a protest and a counterprotest. Interactions between the two groups eventually escalated into confrontation and verbal attacks.

Burr, the committee's chairman, unveiled the ads at a hearing Wednesday morning and said Russians managed to pit Texans against each other for the bargain price of $200. "

more at link

https://www.texastribune.org/2017/11/01/russian-facebook-page-organized-protest-texas-different-russian-page-l/

Offline KingsX

« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2017, 02:25:11 am »

The irony is... Putin arrived at a unique time in history to become the "Great White Hope"...
but that time and opportunity came and went a long time ago.

Instead of "Tsar"...  Putin became a Khazar Kommissar.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2017, 02:37:06 am »
Good posts @KingsX

---------

Per another note, I looked at the media, most seem to be covering this march in a similar way. I'm sorry if it is particularly offensive to some.