Author Topic: Mother of Roy Moore Accuser Contradicts Key Detail of Daughter’s Sexual Misconduct Story  (Read 5376 times)

Online roamer_1

I also find it funny that nearly the very day this story broke, Murkowski strolls up to the mic and says Strange should do a write-in campaign. Pathetically obvious.

Ain't it though?  :whistle:

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

We have to stop thinking we have two radically different parties with separate philosophies and agendas.  Because we don't.

Republicans make a lot of noise about gutting the Obama legacy (e.g. Obamacare), but the fact is that most of them want that agenda to remain.  They have a stake in seeing to it that government, any government, subjects us all and assumes absolute power over our entire lives.

I've often equated our "representation" with the WWE (or the old Ralph and Sam cartoons).  They put on an act in public, but they're buddies in private.

However, when their (not our) party is in power there are perks like prime committee slots where they can guide legislation for their constituents (donors first, then maybe voters).  Therefore, I think that after reelection and personal graft, retaining party majority would be pretty high on their list.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Moore did not marry any of these women, bringing up marriage is as relevant as bringing up a number of other things, some not very savory.

@KingsX

Also, if we take Moore's words, let's take these girls' words as much.

It's sad, nobody is really taking up Moore's words, it's not just Mike Lee jumping ship. I sure wonder why Moore does not have more support. It's more than just saying "it's the swamp" because it's far reaching on those not supporting him, it just may not be as pronounced. My last words on this dreary subject until further developments.

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

In Heaven wrote:
"Maybe, but they have such a small majority I would think they'd want an R in there to protect it."

On the contrary, if they were suddenly returned to "the minority", it would take all the pressure off of the Republicans and McConnell to actually DO SOMETHING to validate their majority.

In any case:
The attempt to force Judge Moore out of the race is a blatant attempt by the left to put the Republicans OUT OF having a majority, and by so doing thwart any attempt at passing ANY legislation of importance up until the 2018 elections. It would put an end to Trump's run of judicial confirmations as well.

You care about their nearly complete inaction.  I care about their nearly complete inaction.  But is anyone they actually care about applying any pressure?
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Online corbe

To those that wonder Why Now, about Mitch and his dastardly NRSC, they couldn't have pulled this stunt during the primary, Moore probably would have dropped out and threw his support behind Meadow and he is just as much hated, if not more, than ol  Judge Roy, himself.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready

I guess I just find it ironic that those who dislike Moore because of his supposed religious extremism, judge him from a very holy tribunal, over enlarged sense of their own personal quasi-theocratic morality, in a very pot.kettle.black scenario.

Jazzy considers my morality to be wholly evil and dangerous - and I consider his perverted morality in the same light.

So, we have absolutely no commonality whatsoever outside of being mortal enemies to everything important in life.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
The allegations are false as all coming from the democrats are as these have been proven to be by the fact they work for democrats and the dems have pulled this before it just is getting old now and no one believes them anymore. I love Roy Moore and he will win.

The charges are on the record and corroborated, and Moore himself admits their essence.   If Moore wins, it's because Christian conservatives in Alabama have decided the moral high ground is of no particular importance.  That's a real problem - for Christian conservatives, who risk the label of insincerity.   

A couple of money quotes from Michael Brendon Daugherty writing in the current National Review:

Every social conservative who supports Moore is increasing the cynicism of American society and justifying widespread skepticism about the sincerity of Christian belief among conservatives. People are reminded frequently that Christian conservatives once demanded that Bill Clinton resign in shame for carrying on an affair with a White House intern. Now some of those supposedly godly men, or their sons, defend Moore’s predation of teenaged girls on the grounds that even a child predator is better than a Democrat. This instrumentalism will eventually make it impossible for social conservatives to defend any of their preferred policies.

[Then t]here’s an argument from good citizenship. You cannot be a good citizen of your country if your immediate political interests outrank every other good in the commonweal. And citizenship requires some self-abnegnation, even some risk. Advancing a man of Roy Moore’s character to the Senate worsens public life in obvious ways. He’s unethical. He flouts the law. And he is peculiarly holier than thou. Choosing the lesser of two evils is a fantastic way to prepare yourself to do worse and worse evils. In this political environment, the war metaphor can become the war reality. Telling yourself that “this is war, and in war you have to make less than ideal choices” is a great way to excuse the destruction of your charity and the lifting of restraint, with collateral damage to your integrity.

LINK - "Opt out of the Lesser of Two Evils"    It's worth a click and a read, especially by those who think their cynicism has no consequences. 

« Last Edit: November 13, 2017, 01:42:28 pm by Jazzhead »
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Also. be on the lookout for members of Moore's own party to attempt to discredit him by planting more of these stories in the press. 

I still say that Republicans are behind the current smear campaign, or they are in cahoots with those who are in charge.  No, I don't have any proof, but why are so many prominent Republicans in such a hurry to distance themselves from him?  If they really want to hold on to this seat, they should be defending Moore or at the very least, demand an investigation into the charges  with a view toward forcing Moore's accusers to prove their accusations.  Instead of supporting their candidate, they are beating a hasty retreat towards the exits.  Their behavior sounds suspicious to me.
That hasty retreat permits them to pull any and all funding which others might claim Moore was due as the GOP candidate. The GOPe won't be sending money to Moore to campaign with, I would wager. This just gives them an excuse.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online roamer_1

The charges are on the record and corroborated, and Moore himself admits their essence.   If Moore wins, it's because Christian conservatives in Alabama have decided the moral high ground is of no particular importance.  That's a real problem - for Christian conservatives, who risk the label of insincerity.   

What vapid hog-wallow.

There are no charges - just unfounded allegations. Corroborated my ass. And what 'essence' has been admitted to? Last I knew, he FLATLY denied it.

And anyone voting for Tump can't be wrapping himself in morality now. Whar's come out of his own mouth about his own daughter is worse than anything alleged here. Grab em by the MEOW indeed.

What flaming hypocrisy.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
What vapid hog-wallow.

There are no charges - just unfounded allegations. Corroborated my ass. And what 'essence' has been admitted to? Last I knew, he FLATLY denied it. 

He's admitted dating teenagers as a 30-plus year old man.   Would you want YOUR daughter dating a 30-plus year old man?   

And anyone voting for Tump can't be wrapping himself in morality now. Whar's come out of his own mouth about his own daughter is worse than anything alleged here. Grab em by the MEOW indeed.

What flaming hypocrisy.

And some of us wouldn't vote for Trump or Moore.   Because character ought to matter - especially for someone who claims to wear religion on his sleeve.   

Offline jpsb

The charges are on the record and corroborated

What! How easily you slander. There are no "charges" and no crime has been
"corroborated". You should be ashamed of yourself.

Offline thackney

He's admitted dating teenagers as a 30-plus year old man.   Would you want YOUR daughter dating a 30-plus year old man? 

Do you have a link for that?  I found:

'I Dated a Lot of Young Ladies.' Roy Moore Says He Doesn't Remember Dating Teenagers
http://time.com/5019836/roy-moore-dating-teenagers-alabama-senate-sean-hannity/

Moore began his appearance on conservative pundit Sean Hannity’s radio show by saying, “These allegations are completely false and misleading.”

He then said, “After my return from the military I dated a lot of young ladies.” Four women have accused him of pursuing them when he was in his 30s and they ranged in age from 14 to 18. But Moore then changed his tune, saying “I don’t remember” dating women that much younger than him, and, “I don’t remember ever dating any girl without the permission of her mother.” And later he said “it would have been out of my customary behavior” to date women that young when he was in his thirties.

“This never happened, they know it never happened, and obviously you don’t wait 40 years to bring up something like this,” he said.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline jpsb

He's admitted dating teenagers as a 30-plus year old man.   

So what? A 17/18 yo female is a grow woman and she can date who ever she wants.
No one has claimed he ever did anything sexual with his dates.

Online roamer_1

My mother was 17 when she married my dad in his very late twenties. Care to split that hair?

And some of us wouldn't vote for Trump or Moore.   Because character ought to matter - especially for someone who claims to wear religion on his sleeve.   

Character is all that matters, and Moore's is just fine.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
What! How easily you slander. There are no "charges" and no crime has been
"corroborated". You should be ashamed of yourself.

But the charges ARE on the record and corroborated.  Did you read the WaPo article?   And as for Moore,  his statement that dating teens wasn't part "of his customary behavior" is hardly a denial.  Indeed, I read it as a tacit admission.   

Why should I defend this man out of blind partisanship?   What did you think of Daugherty's article, linked above?   

Offline jpsb

But the charges ARE on the record and corroborated.  Did you read the WaPo article?   And as for Moore,  his statement that dating teens wasn't part "of his customary behavior" is hardly a denial.  Indeed, I read it as a tacit admission.   

Why should I defend this man out of blind partisanship?   What did you think of Daugherty's article, linked above?   

The 14 year old stuff is BS. And a 17/18 yo female is an adult woman and can date who ever
she wants.

Online Smokin Joe

It isn't illegal. The guy was a West Point grad, had done two tours in the Army, and gone on to law school. My teenagers could still do a lot worse and end up hanging with some druggie with no job and a skateboard who bummed around town all day. At 17-18-19? At 17 I get a definite say, even nowadays. At 18, she can vote, she can enter into contracts, and though she is a "teenager" she is still legally an adult in every sense except the consumption of alcoholic beverages.

I find it amusing that those who practice evil cannot imagine what it is like to be good, thus projecting what they'd do in a situation on all else.

We've been over the ground about how dating differed in the '60s and 70s in the more rural South from the tinder fired hookup culture the Left and other amoral folks have built since then, but you are bloviating instead of looking at cultural differences.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Smokin Joe

What has he been charged with?

There are scandalous allegations, well hyped, from a source I often question, which have obvious political benefit for the folks that publication aligns with, but I don't see any charges.

C S Lewis

Offline TomSea

There are court documents on this. What that means exactly, I don't know.

Offline TomSea

Do you have a link for that?  I found:

'I Dated a Lot of Young Ladies.' Roy Moore Says He Doesn't Remember Dating Teenagers
http://time.com/5019836/roy-moore-dating-teenagers-alabama-senate-sean-hannity/

Moore began his appearance on conservative pundit Sean Hannity’s radio show by saying, “These allegations are completely false and misleading.”

He then said, “After my return from the military I dated a lot of young ladies.” Four women have accused him of pursuing them when he was in his 30s and they ranged in age from 14 to 18. But Moore then changed his tune, saying “I don’t remember” dating women that much younger than him, and, “I don’t remember ever dating any girl without the permission of her mother.” And later he said “it would have been out of my customary behavior” to date women that young when he was in his thirties.

“This never happened, they know it never happened, and obviously you don’t wait 40 years to bring up something like this,” he said.

He also said per the Hannity interview "I don't deny it" or "I’m not going to dispute these things",  miss that part?

“If I did, I’m not going to dispute these things, but I don’t remember anything like that,” he added.

The statement likely didn’t do his embattled candidacy any favors—even though Moore did deny having been involved with a 14-year-old. And it turns out he couldn’t deny relations with underage women in a phone call with a US senator after the show.

https://www.washingtonian.com/2017/11/11/in-call-with-us-lawmaker-roy-moore-doesnt-deny-kissing-teenagers-as-30-year-old/

See or read the whole interview.

Offline TomSea

The statement likely didn’t do his embattled candidacy any favors—even though Moore did deny having been involved with a 14-year-old. And it turns out he couldn’t deny relations with underage women in a phone call with a US senator after the show.

According to three sources briefed on the call, Moore could not deny “kissing” or “dating” teenagers while in his thirties. The Republican senator encouraged Moore to drop out of the race, the sources said. A spokesman for Moore declined to comment on an account of the phone call.

https://www.washingtonian.com/2017/11/11/in-call-with-us-lawmaker-roy-moore-doesnt-deny-kissing-teenagers-as-30-year-old/

Here it depends on what underage means, even if one tosses out the 14 year old girl's statement; again, some will and others won't.

Offline jpsb

He also said per the Hannity interview "I don't deny it" or "I’m not going to dispute these things",  miss that part?

See or read the whole interview.

So let's elect a pro abortion, pro open borders, pro carbon tax, pro homo, pro transgender democrat because 40 years ago Roy Moore dated 17/18 year old girls.

Offline TomSea

So let's elect a pro abortion, pro open borders, pro carbon tax, pro homo, pro transgender democrat because 40 years ago Roy Moore dated 17/18 year old girls.

I agree... but let this be a learning moment for the anti-Romneys or even anti-Trumps, they in turn would have enabled horrible things as well.  That doesn't seem to bother them.

We may have a write-in campaign nonetheless.

Offline jpsb

Here it depends on what underage means, even if one tosses out the 14 year old girl's statement; again, some will and others won't.

And here I thought abortion was a big issue to you. But it seems like you're doing
all you can to see the pro life Moore lose to the pro abortion Jones. What's up
with that?

Under age means under 16 in Alabama.

Offline aligncare

We expect the democrats to raise a stink, they think strategically and stop at nothing to achieve their goals.

But, as always, their tactics are lost on many, many conservative Republicans.