Author Topic: 'I opened it up and that baby just looked me right in the eyes.' Abandoned baby came as a surprise to firefighters expecting a prank.  (Read 1128 times)

Offline Suppressed

'I opened it up and that baby just looked me right in the eyes.' Abandoned baby came as a surprise to firefighters expecting a prank.
Bob Kasarda bob.kasarda@nwi.com, 219-548-4345 Nov 8, 2017 Updated 2 hrs ago 

http://www.nwitimes.com/news/local/laporte/i-opened-it-up-and-that-baby-just-looked-me/article_6d6b34aa-a9f4-5374-8ce1-6be3f4d0ed0c.html

MICHIGAN CITY — When Coolspring Township Volunteer Fire Chief Mick Pawlik was alerted Tuesday night of activity at the department's Safe Haven Baby Box, he assumed it was another case of someone opening the drawer out of curiosity or carrying out a prank.

Then his pulse began to race when he peeked through holes in the receiving side of the box, which is mounted in the wall at the station just southeast of Michigan City.

"I can see this sweatshirt and I seen a little bitty arm," he said. "I opened it up and that baby just looked me right in the eyes."

[...]
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn