Author Topic: Alabama ABC Affiliate Can’t Find One Voter Who Believes WaPo Report About Roy Moore in Man-on-the-Street Segment  (Read 732 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
by Jeff Poor10 Nov 2017

During a segment that aired on Friday’s broadcast of Birmingham, AL ABC affiliate WBMA 33/40’s 5 p.m. local news, political reporter Lauren Walsh sought out voters in Columbiana, AL to gauge their reactions to the Washington Post report that alleged Republican U.S. Senate hopeful Roy Moore engaged in inappropriate conduct with four teenage girls more than 34 years ago.

None of the respondents according to Walsh told her they believed the Post’s reporting.

“It’s hard to believe the events that transpired yesterday,” Gordon Fluker of nearby Wilsonville, AL said to Walsh about the Washington Post report.

Fluker’s response was the standard according to Walsh.

more
http://www.breitbart.com/video/2017/11/10/alabama-abc-affiliate-cant-find-one-voter-believes-wapo-report-roy-moore-man-street-segment/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Applewood

Not sure if what I saw is the same, but our local ABC affiliate played a segment where several voters said Moore is innocent until proven guilty, what he might have done years ago has no bearing on his candidacy now, etc. etc.

I would like to hope that this sample of voters represents the majority.  I guess we will find out shortly. 

I do believe someone or some entity is behind these sudden accusations.  Instead of running away from Moore, maybe his own party should investigate that possibility. 

Unless it's his own party that wants to force Moore out and let their BFFs, the Dems, take that senate seat.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
I LOVE it!

I could care less what anyone here says or thinks about Roy Moore!  All I care about is what the voters of Alabama think!  And I think those red hill hicks from fly over Alabama are a hell of a lot smarter than many give them credit for!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
I LOVE it!

I could care less what anyone here says or thinks about Roy Moore!  All I care about is what the voters of Alabama think!  And I think those red hill hicks from fly over Alabama are a hell of a lot smarter than many give them credit for!

Well glad you asked... most of us from Alabama are taking this slow... digesting it... and right now not finding it all that believable. Sorta judging what is said and comparing it to "fruits" to see if it meshes.

It is too early to know, but looks like some of these women have an axe to grind....

Alabama Accuser Deletes Anti-Moore Postings from Facebook, Rants About Removing Trump from Office (link below)

http://www.breitbart.com/jerusalem/2017/11/10/alabama-accuser-deletes-anti-moore-postings-facebook-rants-removing-trump-office/
« Last Edit: November 11, 2017, 03:11:36 pm by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5072193/Local-Republicans-embattled-candidate-Roy-Moore.html
'I think the turnout is going to be larger FOR Roy Moore': Local Republicans BACK embattled Senate candidate accused of preying on teen girls - as supporters share photo of his accuser working as an interpreter for Hillary Clinton
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
I LOVE it!

Plus, they are showing a lot more decency and down home morality than the politicians who have accepted this bizarre story without question.

Not to mention so-called conservatives on this board.

I find it a bit appalling that these strange stories have been taken so seriously.

Now, I'm really hoping Moore ekes out  a win.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5072193/Local-Republicans-embattled-candidate-Roy-Moore.html
'I think the turnout is going to be larger FOR Roy Moore': Local Republicans BACK embattled Senate candidate accused of preying on teen girls - as supporters share photo of his accuser working as an interpreter for Hillary Clinton

That photo alone should have made people think twice about the story.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Plus, they are showing a lot more decency and down home morality than the politicians who have accepted this bizarre story without question.

Not to mention so-called conservatives on this board.

I find it a bit appalling that these strange stories have been taken so seriously.

Now, I'm really hoping Moore ekes out  a win.

It's a bit more than he said, she said.

The Washington Post story which revealed the allegations involves interviews with more than 30 people, court records which backed up key details from the accounts and four women who independently volunteered their stories.” Saying “if these allegations are true” begs the question of what more evidence the elected official would need to make a determination.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/7-problems-gop-true-roy-182527067.html

Even if it is not illegal, Moore does not "dispute" he went out with teenage girls, only that he doesn't remember it. At the least, I believe he loses his moral authority that he has often used. This is a real trainwreck. Their evidence is nothing to sneeze at.  It may all be legal but it's very questionable all the same.

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
It's a bit more than he said, she said.

Even if it is not illegal, Moore does not "dispute" he went out with teenage girls, only that he doesn't remember it. At the least, I believe he loses his moral authority that he has often used. This is a real trainwreck. Their evidence is nothing to sneeze at.  It may all be legal but it's very questionable all the same.

I went out with teenage girls too while in my 20s... Lots of girls dated older guys.... especially 30-40 years ago (in Alabama). Trying to find a girl your age wasn't that easy. I always tried to act the gentleman, and I think that actually ticked some of them off. I was looking for a good sweet girl of good moral code... it didn't work out well until later in my late twenties I met a sweet 19 y/o girl and married her a few years later. Lord I hope I wasn't too much a pervert. 
« Last Edit: November 11, 2017, 05:25:22 pm by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Roy Moore graduated from West Point at a time when that actually meant something!  HE knows a thing or two about HONOR!
« Last Edit: November 11, 2017, 05:24:39 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Frank Cannon

This is funny. Voters are disregarding an MSM shit story because they have no credibility any more.

Offline bilo

I think there is enough time before the election that voters will see through this set up.

Trying to conflate dating young women of age after serving in the military with groping an underage girl is a good indicator that there isn't any truth to this.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home