Author Topic: Democrats demand death penalty for cops who commit assault, murder  (Read 622 times)

rangerrebew

Democrats demand death penalty for cops who commit assault, murder
by Pete Kasperowicz | Nov 10, 2017, 7:58 AM

Several House Democrats have introduced legislation that would subject state and local police to the death penalty if they are found guilty or assault or murder.

The Police Accountability Act, from Rep. Hank Johnson, D-Ga., is one of the Democrats' answers to the police brutality that they say still plagues black Americans around the country.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/democrats-demand-death-penalty-for-cops-who-commit-assault-murder/article/2640291

rangerrebew

Re: Democrats demand death penalty for cops who commit assault, murder
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2017, 01:50:51 pm »
It is only fitting that a bill such as this is introduced by a man so stupid he thinks the island of Guam could capsize if too many people got on one side of it. 10631

Offline libertybele

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2017, 02:21:40 pm »
It is only fitting that a bill such as this is introduced by a man so stupid he thinks the island of Guam could capsize if too many people got on one side of it. 10631

:beer:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2017, 01:19:21 am »
In the wholly unlikely event this were to pass, what does this idiot think cops would do? What's the best way for a cop to avoid having to shoot someone? Very passive policing in high crime neighborhoods would result and the consequence would be higher crime rates
« Last Edit: November 13, 2017, 01:19:47 am by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2017, 01:41:36 am »
In the wholly unlikely event this were to pass, what does this idiot think cops would do? What's the best way for a cop to avoid having to shoot someone? Very passive policing in high crime neighborhoods would result and the consequence would be higher crime rates

And more dead cops.

Besides, I thought Dems were against the death penalty?
The Republic is lost.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2017, 01:47:18 am »

Most liberals are anti-police .... or at least closet anti-police.

Remember Obama's Beer Summit.  Fun Times.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline The_Reader_David

« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2017, 01:56:45 am »
The death penalty for murder committed under color of law does not seem unreasonable.  Before you object, remember how few jury convictions there are of police for police misconduct -- for a homicide by a police officer in the line of duty to result in a murder conviction would require the misconduct to be very egregious. 

But for assault?  What is this guy smoking?  I guess the same stuff that made him think islands can capsize.
And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2017, 03:29:13 am »
The sponsors of bill are all black.  I wonder why?

There is no justification whatsoever in creating a new federal crime here, usurping the stats' prerogative.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline bolobaby

« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2017, 03:33:56 am »
What power of the constitution is this law backed by?

Yeah, thought so.
How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2017, 05:40:23 am »
Ongoing deconstruction of America by Dems.

1st: Is 'Guam Tipover' Johnson even aware that there's nothing in the law to Prevent Cops who do commit murder and assault from being prosecuted?

2nd: Is 'Guam Tipover' aware that many PDs now have their Officers wearing lapel cameras as well as having the dashboard camera to document their actions as either appropriate or over the line?

But they're probably rhetorical questions when asking Hank.

I doubt he'd even know what you were talking about if you asked him if he knew his shoe was untied.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline LMAO

« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2017, 02:44:48 pm »
The death penalty for murder committed under color of law does not seem unreasonable. 

I’m safe in saying that, according to Johnson and his ilk, Michael Brown was a victim of murder by police
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2017, 07:00:59 pm »
I’m safe in saying that, according to Johnson and his ilk, Michael Brown was a victim of murder by police

Hank needs to be told that actual murder by a Police Officer acting their official capacity is already a Federal Offence as well as a State prosecution for murder.

US Title 18 Section 242

Deprivation of Rights Under Color of Law

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/242
« Last Edit: November 13, 2017, 07:01:23 pm by To-Whose-Benefit? »
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com