Author Topic: Cornyn, Cruz react to sexual misconduct allegation against Roy Moore  (Read 2794 times)

Offline libertybele

I agree ... but the keyword here is "IF".  If indeed he is guilty then he should step aside.  Nothing has been proven and again I find it more probable that this is nothing more than the GOPe (namely McConnell) finding a way to get rid of the threat that Moore would bring to his precious country club!

Cornyn, Cruz react to sexual misconduct allegation against Roy Moore

...“If it is true, I don’t think his candidacy is sustainable,” Cornyn added, according to the Politico report. “But we believe in a presumption of innocence until proven guilty. And so I think it’s important for the facts to come out.”......

Cruz called on Moore to step aside if the allegations are true.

“These are serious and troubling allegations,” he said in a statement to the American-Statesman. “If they are true, Judge Moore should immediately withdraw. However, we need to know the truth, and Judge Moore has the right to respond to these accusations.”...........

http://www.statesman.com/news/state--regional-govt--politics/cornyn-cruz-react-sexual-misconduct-allegation-against-roy-moore/EFpN8jqPfriuSxuyEdOUQO/

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Re: Cornyn, Cruz react to sexual misconduct allegation against Roy Moore
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2017, 07:52:19 pm »
It will NOT be objectively known for certain by the election, if it is true. It is planned and orchestrated to be so.

It has now come out one of the accusers, is a democrat political operative. It has come out one of the accusers is a druggie.

All in all, my common sense says it is a planned last minute hit job. These things are planned to have some element of truth.

Moore spent 9 years at West Point, then in the Army including Vietnam. At the end of that he would be about 27 years old in the tumultuous 1970s.

Some cutie says she is 16-17 and a guy falls for it.

I do NOT think that disqualifies him for the US Senate in 2017. None of these accusers claims he forced himself on them.

Full disclusure. I married my current and only wife at age 19 when she was 17. All of the detractors and know-it-all busybodies said it would never last. Yet in Jan. we will celebrate 50 years of marriage.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2017, 08:00:09 pm »
It will NOT be objectively known for certain by the election, if it is true. It is planned and orchestrated to be so.

It has now come out one of the accusers, is a democrat political operative. It has come out one of the accusers is a druggie.

All in all, my common sense says it is a planned last minute hit job. These things are planned to have some element of truth.

Moore spent 9 years at West Point, then in the Army including Vietnam. At the end of that he would be about 27 years old in the tumultuous 1970s.

I do NOT think that disqualifies him for the US Senate in 2017. None of these accusers claims he forced himself on them.

Full disclusure. I married my current and only wife at age 19 when she was 17. All of the detractors and know-it-all busybodies said it would never last. Yet in Jan. we will celebrate 50 years of marriage.

Good for you!   You two are blessed. 

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline libertybele

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2017, 08:07:43 pm »

The sad thing is McConnell is probably behind all this; he wants Strange in place as he poses no threat to him.  I can't wait till McConnell vacates the swamp.

Congrats on your upcoming Golden Anniversary!  My hubby and I will be celebrating our 35th in December.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2017, 08:10:34 pm by libertybele »

Offline jpsb

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2017, 08:15:30 pm »
The stupid party is so stupid. They are willing to give up a winable senate seat just
so they can look pure. Idiots. Fools like these are why we always lose even when
we win.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2017, 08:19:02 pm »

I seem to recall the avalanche of insistence not entirely too long ago, that what a man did in his private life, many years ago - has absolutely no bearing on how he will govern in office.

Many Republican Reps as well as every Democrat near a microphone and a camera said as much at the time.

Hell, we heard the same thing over Trump's gropings and curt inappropriate comments about women.

Funny how that insistence never works for a Conservative.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2017, 08:20:09 pm by INVAR »
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2017, 08:23:33 pm »

Unfortunately the most credible one is the 14 years old at the time one.  That would have been a felony and he would have known it at the time. The others are bit creepy, but not terribly concerning.

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2017, 08:36:47 pm »

Looking at your avatar/photograph, I'd say you ain't had a haircut since.

Just goofing off, congratulations.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2017, 09:18:58 pm »
I agree ... but the keyword here is "IF".  If indeed he is guilty then he should step aside.  Nothing has been proven and again I find it more probable that this is nothing more than the GOPe (namely McConnell) finding a way to get rid of the threat that Moore would bring to his precious country club!

Cornyn, Cruz react to sexual misconduct allegation against Roy Moore

...“If it is true, I don’t think his candidacy is sustainable,” Cornyn added, according to the Politico report. “But we believe in a presumption of innocence until proven guilty. And so I think it’s important for the facts to come out.”......

Cruz called on Moore to step aside if the allegations are true.

“These are serious and troubling allegations,” he said in a statement to the American-Statesman. “If they are true, Judge Moore should immediately withdraw. However, we need to know the truth, and Judge Moore has the right to respond to these accusations.”...........

http://www.statesman.com/news/state--regional-govt--politics/cornyn-cruz-react-sexual-misconduct-allegation-against-roy-moore/EFpN8jqPfriuSxuyEdOUQO/

For whatever it is worth, Roy Moore has already blamed the democrats and washington post but by all means blame McConnell.   :beer:

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2017, 10:21:06 pm »
For whatever it is worth, Roy Moore has already blamed the democrats and washington post but by all means blame McConnell.   

I do.

He was the first one yesterday to come out locally and demand that Roy Moore "step aside".

Strange was his boy - and the Turtle was not going to allow another Bevin to toss monkey wrenches into his plans to make Big Statist Government a Republican enterprise.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2017, 11:21:04 pm »
Unfortunately the most credible one is the 14 years old at the time one.  That would have been a felony and he would have known it at the time. The others are bit creepy, but not terribly concerning.

Congrats!  Wonderful story.  I had a college friend who didn't get married until she was 27.  Everyone was wonder ... what the heck?

Most people got married right out of high school or college back in the day.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Online LadyLiberty

« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2017, 11:35:42 pm »
Mike Lee‏Verified account
@SenMikeLee
33 minutes ago

Having read the detailed description of the incidents, as well as the response from Judge Moore and his campaign, I can no longer endorse his candidacy for the US Senate.

333 replies 1,003 retweets 2,309 likes

Offline montanajoe

« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2017, 12:18:42 am »
As noted these allegations will not be proven or dis-proven until after the election if ever....

What I find concerning is that so many on the right have come out and said even if the allegation are true it makes no difference.....

The election of Moore under the cloud of theses allegations will give those on the left ammunition to smear Conservatives but that's politics.

What I find much more damaging is those that claim to be Conservative asserting that even if the allegations are true it makes no difference...excuse me?

If anyone claiming to be a Conservative finds the alleged conduct acceptable under any circumstances then I am not a Conservative and I have no wish to be associated with the degenerates who have sullied the once proud Conservative cause.... :shrug:

Offline TomSea

« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2017, 01:37:54 am »
I saw a chart, it seems about 24 to 30 legislators (Senators like Cruz, etc.) endorsed Moore originally and now, they've virtually all withdrawn their endorsements. That indicates something.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2017, 01:55:07 am »
Sanguine wrote:
"Unfortunately the most credible one is the 14 years old at the time one.  That would have been a felony and he would have known it at the time. The others are bit creepy, but not terribly concerning."

I believe that on Hannity's show today, Judge Moore categorically denied ever having known the [alleged] 14-year-old.

So... it comes down to "she said... he said".

I will join the side of the anti-Moores after two things happen:
1. The [now adult] 14-year-old submits to a lie-detector test.
and if she passes,
2. Judge Moore does the same.

Otherwise, take those "charges" and stuff 'em where the sun don't shine.
Forty years ago is "too long, too late, too fabricated."

Somewhere else I recall reading that in Alabama, at the time, the age of consent was 16.
Were all the young ladies Moore hinted an interest in 16 or older?
End of story.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2017, 02:29:25 am by Fishrrman »

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2017, 01:57:17 am »
TomSea wrote:
"I saw a chart, it seems about 24 to 30 legislators (Senators like Cruz, etc.) endorsed Moore originally and now, they've virtually all withdrawn their endorsements. That indicates something."

What it "indicates" to me is that they're all mealy-mouthed buttholes with feet of clay.
Who probably will go to bed at night thinking "I'm glad it wasn't ME who got caught...."

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2017, 04:07:22 am »
If this is truly in Moore's personal history, his arrogance in holding public office is astounding to me...but we all know he's not the Lone Ranger.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2017, 04:19:43 am »
The stupid party is so stupid. They are willing to give up a winable senate seat just
so they can look pure. Idiots. Fools like these are why we always lose even when
we win.

"Cucks"  thought I.   
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2017, 06:24:54 am »
It's unraveling as we speak!

https://70news.wordpress.com/2017/11/10/roy-moores-two-accusers-leigh-corfmans-age-was-17-not-14-has-history-of-making-false-allegations-deborah-gibson-a-dem-volunteer/

https://twitter.com/Wholaughin/status/928857233814892551/photo/1

:silly:

I seem to remember a volcano worth of Anti Trump Ash, Noxious Gases, Cinders and Choking Smoke belching forth over Putin collusion that went on for Ever, until the whole story was unearthed, and using Democrat Spin and Fabrications were no longer Possible for #NeverTrumpers to hide their angst behind.

Are we heading off down that same road again with Roy Moore?, 'cause it sure looks that way to me.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2017, 02:12:26 pm »

:silly:

I seem to remember a volcano worth of Anti Trump Ash, Noxious Gases, Cinders and Choking Smoke belching forth over Putin collusion that went on for Ever, until the whole story was unearthed, and using Democrat Spin and Fabrications were no longer Possible for #NeverTrumpers to hide their angst behind.

Are we heading off down that same road again with Roy Moore?, 'cause it sure looks that way to me.

@To-Whose-Benefit?

It get's even better my friend!

Alabama ABC Affiliate Can’t Find One Voter Who Believes WaPo Report About Roy Moore in Man-on-the-Street Segment

http://www.breitbart.com/video/2017/11/10/alabama-abc-affiliate-cant-find-one-voter-believes-wapo-report-roy-moore-man-street-segment/
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline jpsb

« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2017, 02:22:19 pm »
Mike Lee‏Verified account
@SenMikeLee
33 minutes ago

Having read the detailed description of the incidents, as well as the response from Judge Moore and his campaign, I can no longer endorse his candidacy for the US Senate.

333 replies 1,003 retweets 2,309 likes

Mike Lee is a profile in courage, and to think I used to like him. Well it's Utah. I often
wonder about Utah.  Lee just couldn't wait to throw Moore under the bus. Our side
deserves to lose they are pathetic.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #22 on: November 11, 2017, 02:25:49 pm »
Mike Lee is a profile in courage, and to think I used to like him. Well it's Utah. I often
wonder about Utah.  Lee just couldn't wait to throw Moore under the bus. Our side

Now, that I see Mike Lee is a Mormon, perhaps he and Mitt are just banding together.
https://www.deseretnews.com/top/1108/5/Sen-Mike-Lee-17-Mormons-in-Congress-in-2013.html

I think Lee and Romney are wrong to automatically pull support from Moore or ask him to step down but it won't mean I will have a hate on both men.

In fact, being more solid  in saying Moore should step down (that is wrong) isn't much worse than those who just say "if it is true", that's just a CYA statement, having it both ways.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2017, 02:26:25 pm by TomSea »

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #23 on: November 11, 2017, 02:28:28 pm »

Wait - you're willing to rush to judgement on Lee but not on Moore? 

Offline jpsb

« Reply #24 on: November 11, 2017, 02:28:38 pm »
As noted these allegations will not be proven or dis-proven until after the election if ever....

The election of Moore under the cloud of theses allegations will give those on the left ammunition to smear Conservatives but that's politics.

Democrats (Marxists) are going to smear conservatives whether Moore is elected or
not. Smear is what they do and that plus identity politics is all they've got.

As for the "don't care" thing. The election is 30 days, it is an important election
which we need to win. So let's win it and deal with these allegations later.