Author Topic: Roy Moore and Occam’s Razor  (Read 1279 times)

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Re: Roy Moore and Occam’s Razor
« Reply #25 on: November 10, 2017, 10:30:09 pm »
Thanks for the bullshit answer to prove I am totally right. You have nothing but hate for the guy and that motives you just like all your other shit about Donny. You speak of "proven". I showed with actual evidence this is a hit job. Notice you have nothing to prove otherwise. Keep on with your jihad though. I love watching people fail.

Gosh, Frank.

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

« Reply #26 on: November 10, 2017, 10:35:04 pm »
The article makes some good points, the best of which is that for teenage girls to speak out against powerful older men, knowing they will be accused and maligned, is difficult at best, horrid and humiliating at worst.

I am not saying that Moore is guilty.  I don't know that.  But I have a question.....

Has there ever been a case where multiple women came out with claims against a predatory male, where they have all proven to be liars?

My recollection is that, most of the time, eventually, the truth comes out and the man is indeed guilty.

If people can give any examples where a group of women have all lied, I'd be interested in reading about it.

I doubt it, because it is usually so hard to prove these things as false.  If two people are alone, it's pretty much he-said she-said.  Maybe Mike Pence is on to something.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

« Reply #27 on: November 10, 2017, 10:41:00 pm »
Then why not bring it out in the primaries, or the day he announced?

Becoming a political pawn to the use such things for well timed political leverage taints your victimhood status, especially 40 years down the road.

I don't remember, did the Weinstein et al stuff start during or after the primaries?  If after, it could be anything from people seeing the allegations actually being taken seriously and one victim speaking out to the left seeing something that works and pouncing on it. 

What I'm always suspicious of is "Bush Lied".  I think the left would have pushed that mantra about anything they could find.  Their guy had been busted for lying, so they just had to pin it on Bush, you know, Republicans do it too so it's not a big deal.  And then the "People Died" allowed them to attempt to make the case that what WJC is not even worth mentioning.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
« Reply #28 on: November 10, 2017, 10:41:18 pm »
Gosh, Frank.

Clearly he believes that only a "hater" could possibly oppose someone on purely constitutional
ground, which has been the cause of my opposition to Moore outside and regardless of whether
the sex crime accusations against him prove true or false
. Though it's sadly disgraceful to see
Republicans compelled to defend (elect?) candidates accused of the kind of thing for which they'd
demand public executions without trial if the candidates in question were Democrats because, after
all, Democrats are so much more dangerous.

Either that or (considering he sees little enough distinction between a newspaper reporter who
once passed a few bad checks before she became a reporter or joined the Washington Post,
the information I looked up wasn't exactly clear on the point, and a former judge who is accused
of committing a sexual crime with an underage girl at the time he was a district attorney) he really
could be ticketed for posting under the influence.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2017, 10:43:03 pm by EasyAce »

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #29 on: November 11, 2017, 12:02:11 am »
Gosh, Frank.

Frank is................ummmmm.............................moody!   ****slapping
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #30 on: November 11, 2017, 12:06:02 am »
No, there were a gaggle of office rumor mongers substantiating her case...

Oh, that's right.   But did they say he also molested them?

If not, it's just a single case with multiple people backing up the lie.

I only remember one actual accuser.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #31 on: November 11, 2017, 12:10:11 am »
Oh, that's right.   But did they say he also molested them?

If not, it's just a single case with multiple people backing up the lie.

I only remember one actual accuser.

This is likewise - One case of impropriety (the 14yo), propped up with several cases where no impropriety is alleged.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2017, 12:26:45 am by roamer_1 »

Silver Pines

« Reply #32 on: November 11, 2017, 12:22:19 am »
IF there was a trace of validity to this it would have been used YEARS ago by one of Judge Moore's former political opponents!

@Bigun

Like Dennis Hastert?

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #33 on: November 11, 2017, 01:20:39 am »
Sanguine exclaimed:
"Gosh, Frank."

This is how the democrat-communists behave:

This is how WE should behave in return:
« Last Edit: November 11, 2017, 01:20:59 am by Fishrrman »